Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Electribe Wave

Comments

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    Drives me nuts that the kaoss pad on this doesn’t actually have pitch like the Kaoss pads on every other Korg app (M1, Monopoly etc) would have been fun with the Arpeggiator. True to form they got it about 98 percent on the mark but they left out a few good bits like what I mentioned, some song mode features and the loop only loops one measure.

Tell them about this on the Korg support forums. I did once already, and it seems like someone is actively reading the suggestions.

• @db909 said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    Drives me nuts that the kaoss pad on this doesn’t actually have pitch like the Kaoss pads on every other Korg app (M1, Monopoly etc) would have been fun with the Arpeggiator. True to form they got it about 98 percent on the mark but they left out a few good bits like what I mentioned, some song mode features and the loop only loops one measure.

Tell them about this on the Korg support forums. I did once already, and it seems like someone is actively reading the suggestions.

I’m waiting for the other 250 features I’ve sent them to get implemented before I send out another one. Fingers crossed we’ll get some new toys to play with soon.

• forgive me if I've already asked this, but does the kew have note nudge, track nudge, or any kind of nudge feature?

• @kobamoto said:
    forgive me if I've already asked this, but does the kew have note nudge, track nudge, or any kind of nudge feature?

Nope. There are some groove templates for the drums, but I don’t know if they affect timing or only velocity.

GR-16 has note and track nudge.

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@db909 said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

I’m waiting for the other 250 features I’ve sent them to get implemented before I send out another one. Fingers crossed we’ll get some new toys to play with soon.

It's absolutely ridiculous on January 8th with a head full of songs and a thousand things to play with but I'm looking forward to something new :)

• @wim said:

@kobamoto said:
    forgive me if I've already asked this, but does the kew have note nudge, track nudge, or any kind of nudge feature?

Nope. There are some groove templates for the drums, but I don’t know if they affect timing or only velocity.

thanks Wim

• @wim said:

@kobamoto said:

Groove templates affect both timing and velocity. When you adjust the groove slider in the sequencer window, you can see the notes' velocity and timing offset increase/decrease with the slider movement. Kinda neat...

• edited January 2019

@apapdop said:

@wim said:

@kobamoto said:

Groove templates affect both timing and velocity. When you adjust the groove slider in the sequencer window, you can see the notes' velocity and timing offset increase/decrease with the slider movement. Kinda neat...

Most of the features in KEW work just the same way they do on the latest 'real' electribes....
    KEW is much better at the melodic sequencing and automation editing due to the onscreen editors, it also has 8 bar patterns...

• @AndyPlankton said:

@apapdop said:

@wim said:

@kobamoto said:

Most of the features in KEW work just the same way they do on the latest 'real' electribes....
    KEW is much better at the melodic sequencing and automation editing due to the onscreen editors, it also has 8 bar patterns...

Ahh, the mighty Korg giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other. Those lovely groove templates only apply to the drum parts in KEW... They could be applied to any part in the hardware versions. (puzzled emoji...)

• @apapdop said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@apapdop said:

@wim said:

@kobamoto said:

Ahh, the mighty Korg giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other. Those lovely groove templates only apply to the drum parts in KEW... They could be applied to any part in the hardware versions. (puzzled emoji...)

Ahh yes you are quite right.... the swines !!!
    I did see a very short clip of a 'somethings coming at NAMM' vid from korg, can't tell much from the clip, but could be a new electribe, it was someone putting a unit into a backpack.
    Perhaps a hardware version of KEW that does allow groove on all parts/pitch from kaoss pad/user wavetables ? They would have to save some features to make the hardware more appealing than KEW at a much higher price.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@apapdop said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@apapdop said:

@wim said:

@kobamoto said:

Ahh yes you are quite right.... the swines !!!
    I did see a very short clip of a 'somethings coming at NAMM' vid from korg, can't tell much from the clip, but could be a new electribe, it was someone putting a unit into a backpack.
    Perhaps a hardware version of KEW that does allow groove on all parts/pitch from kaoss pad/user wavetables ? They would have to save some features to make the hardware more appealing than KEW at a much higher price.

If they did that, that might very well be my first piece of hardware ever. But it seems to good to be true

• edited August 2019

I'm almost sold on KEW now (the sale and gadget add on helps a bit) but i have one last question before pulling the trigger:

how reliable/tight is midi clock sync (slave to external gear or other apps)?

edit:wait,second question pops up:in the manual or screenshots it looks like i can set the master FX only on/off for every track?Is there no send knob?

• Yeah I’d like to know also. There was a video on YouTube that had a pattern playing where it sounded like the snare had a really lush reverb while the other parts of the drum pattern were not effected. I wonder if that’s possible?

@Crabman said:
    I'm almost sold on KEW now (the sale and gadget add on helps a bit) but i have one last question before pulling the trigger:

how reliable/tight is midi clock sync (slave to external gear or other apps)?

edit:wait,second question pops up:in the manual or screenshots it looks like i can set the master FX only on/off for every track?Is there no send knob?

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Yeah I’d like to know also. There was a video on YouTube that had a pattern playing where it sounded like the snare had a really lush reverb while the other parts of the drum pattern were not effected. I wonder if that’s possible?

In Electribe Wave each drum channel can have an IFX plus an optional MFX so yes, it's possible...

• I’m finding that KEW sounds amazing as a multi-Timberlake 8 Part synthesizer in AUM paired with PureSynth 2 and Factory! After the EOS2 recent update, wow these three sound incredible! Pure Synth heaven!!!!

• I have a love/hate relationship with autocorrect @Tones4Christ

Please leave that one in there 😆

• Part 1: Disney Club
    Part 2: NSync
    Part 3: SexyBack

:lol:

• LOL @ Timberlake. But anyway, it’s really nice to have the KEW synth inside Gadget now for some more sonic diversity alongside the Polysix, Mono/Poly, MS-20, Odyssey, and others. For anyone on the fence about whether or not to buy KEW, just have a look at the videos and listen to all the great soundscapes that @echoopera has been making over the past year. Not only is the addition to Gadget a joy, the standalone version is worth the money alone. It’s a very streamlined workflow that keeps you right in the zone. No MIDI issues that I’ve seen, and the native mode for Nanokey Studio works like a charm with the standalone as well as Gadget. I still highly recommend that controller. But either way, Gadget and KEW are still awesome with or without it.

• Is it possible to use KEW with a Nanokey Studio via Bluetooth and"normal" Midi (for sync purpose) at the same time?

• wimwim
    edited August 2019

@Crabman said:
    Is it possible to use KEW with a Nanokey Studio via Bluetooth and"normal" Midi (for sync purpose) at the same time?

I'n not sure I understand the question.
    Use KEW with NanoKEY Studio and use "normal" MIDI from another source? Yes
    Use KEW with NanoKEY Studio and use "normal" (USB) MIDI from the NanoKEY Studio at the same time? No
    or?

• i meant using Nano via BT and another Midi (with"normal" i meant non BT) source like a USB midi interface via CCK.

So it's possible then.Anything else would be surprising though.Just want to make sure.I'm in the mood to buy the Nano mostly for KEW.

Thanks.

• I just realized that in order to get KEW to hear midi in on all 8 synth channels at once you must set the midi settings to “easy” in KEW. I couldn’t understand why it was only triggering what ever channel I had selected instead of all eight at once.

I’m finding it really fun to sequence KEW from Xequence 2! Heck, Xequence 2 is even controlling iBassist in real-time by setting iBassist to live midi! So awesome!

• I just picked up KEW and really enjoying it so far, actually like it a lot more than the last hardware Electribes. Having Warszawa as a synth in Gadget is great too. Probably quite unlikely, but would love to be able to use samples in the synth parts like GR-16.

@ioue It would be great if there was a way to share user programs and patterns between devices. I know we can backup and restore, but that overwrites everything and doesn't include user programs.

• @cretakano said:
    I just picked up KEW and really enjoying it so far, actually like it a lot more than the last hardware Electribes. Having Warszawa as a synth in Gadget is great too. Probably quite unlikely, but would love to be able to use samples in the synth parts like GR-16.

@ioue It would be great if there was a way to share user programs and patterns between devices. I know we can backup and restore, but that overwrites everything and doesn't include user programs.

All the standalone synths that are compatible with Gadget ought to have the M1/Wavestation style "Diskettes" for saving user programs to so that they can be accessed in Gadget.

M1, being the first of it's kind, needs a reboot too, meaning we need deeper control in Gadget as well as preset write ability.

• Guys need help with creating a GM midi kit in KEW so it can play correctly when I’m sending midi from Xequence 2.

Can someone good at midi please tell me how the drums should be set up in KEW? Very grateful for any help❤️☝️🙏

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Guys need help with creating a GM midi kit in KEW so it can play correctly when I’m sending midi from Xequence 2.

Can someone good at midi please tell me how the drums should be set up in KEW? Very grateful for any help❤️☝️🙏

Hope this helps!

• wimwim
    edited August 2019

@Tones4Christ said:
    Guys need help with creating a GM midi kit in KEW so it can play correctly when I’m sending midi from Xequence 2.

KEW drums are on channel 10 and start at C3 going up chromatically. It's really easy to set up a drum pads configuration for this. You just need an 8 x 1 grid then fill it starting with C3. The key is you have to send on channel 10.

If you want to use it with GM midi files, you need to do translation. mfx convert or Mozaic are good tools for this. Basically, you need something to change the GM notes to the pad notes that you want. This needs to go in between X2 and KEW.

• edited August 2019

Thank you so much for your support Wim! I still haven’t got Mosaic😳😳😳😳
    But will soon. Is there a script for this already?

I do have the basic Midiflow app wonder if that will for now but will check. Thanks again as always.☝️🙏❤️

@wim said:

@Tones4Christ said:

KEW drums are on channel 10 and start at C3 going up chromatically. It's really easy to set up a drum pads configuration for this. You just need an 8 x 1 grid then fill it starting with C3. The key is you have to send on channel 10.

If you want to use it with GM midi files, you need to do translation. mfx convert or Mozaic are good tools for this. Basically, you need something to change the GM notes to the pad notes that you want. This needs to go in between X2 and KEW.

• Thanks @BlueGreenSpiral ❤️😌

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

@Tones4Christ said:

Can someone good at midi please tell me how the drums shou

ld be set up in KEW? Very grateful for any help❤️☝️🙏

Hope this helps!

• Got it working using Soft Drummer’s midi template for Gadget! So KEW is playing the different drums and it sounds great! Especially after applying separate effects to the different drum instruments.