Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Electribe Wave

Comments

• @Telstar5 said:
    @AudioGus : This vs Grooverider?

10 minutes into using it: automation wonderland. So far so fun. Not disapointed and pretty sure I will get monies worth.

• So intuitive... if it slides or turns it automates. Gone too far? Easy to clear.

• @AudioGus said:

@Telstar5 said:
    @AudioGus : This vs Grooverider?

10 minutes into using it: automation wonderland. So far so fun. Not disapointed and pretty sure I will get monies worth.

No! stop! and stop making cool videos! I gotta save cash! :lol:
    Just put some credits in. Gonna get this and Affinity Designer fosho!

• Thanks for your first impressions and for posting the video, @AudioGus.

• @AudioGus said:

@Arpseechord said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Arpseechord said:
    Looks interesting but I can’t say my leanings are dance music. I just purchased now Synthscaper because I’ve always wanted to get it and....WOW🎹👍🏻

A must:

Wish he'd do one on this Korg thing, but I very much doubt it....I also doubt that Korg will be anything like as responsive as our friend is/was on Grooverider.....but still.

Thanks boss for this timely video link :) 🎹
    I was thinking of looking up some tutorials, thanks for finding and posting😎

It is one of my favs. The generator that came is so good it made me completely forget how to build patches heh.

The video link JohnnyGoodyear gave is fantastic so far. When I opened up Synthscaper for the first time and played around a bit I went Holy smokes I’m in for a treat and a oh so worth it learning curve...I like a challenge🎹👍🏻

• Different design for Korg, less skeuo, flatter and more modern. Looks cool.

• Well, this is awesome. One hour in just messing with a one synth loop, playing around with params, automation, the motion step thingy and the Kaoss pad. Right away you could just record this straight into BM3 or Cubasis and build up tracks. Nice knowing it will reveal more and more soon enough.

• @davis_korgrd said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    Speaking of which... are they going to sell us a sampler version of this? One that can actually sample IAA? @davis_korgrd ?

There are a number of features that have gotten pushed back on the schedule, but afaik that's not one of them.

Please tell me midi out is on the table. Waves controlling Gadget would be a match made in beat making heaven. o:)

• @Telstar5 said:
    I dunno why they just didn’t stick the Gadget sampler (Stockholm) in this thing..

@Telstar5 said:
    I dunno why they just didn’t stick the Gadget sampler (Stockholm) in this thing..

LOL not Stockholm (aptly named) but the other three absolutely.

• Files.app support for Gadget should not be far away now that this new one got it?

Will we get a ’Gadget’ for it?

As far as I know this is Korgs first entry into ’Wavetable’ territory, not even the Kronos has this!

No doubt some day we’lo get a fully featured ’Sampler’ too.
    Maybe a ’lite’ version of the HD-1 engine with wave-sequences and vector synthesis hehe...

Need to go get me some store credits but this looks like fun :D

• @robosardine said:
    I am wondering if it is Audiobus compatible?

Fat chance.

I bought it so I’ll try b

• I Like It!

• edited August 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Kühl said:

@robosardine said:

Fat chance.

@Kühl said:

@robosardine said:

Fat chance.

It is AB3 optimised & has Link

• @Dawdles said:
    Can’t find much info on this. Hoping Doug has a video in the works :)

Any nice sequencer stuff? Quick Parameter locks per step? Probability? Conditions?

Arpeggiator? Basic or with twists?

Separate Insert fx per channel? What kinds of fx?

Send fx? Master fx? Types?

Polyphony options per channel?

Distortion/saturation types/quality?

Patch storage? User banks?

Separate audio out per channel?

Is it x amount of patterns per project? Or no projects and just a long list of patterns, like gr16?

Thanks 🙏

Aside from audio import and midi out I can’t find anything wrong with it. It lives up to its name: Electribe B)

• edited August 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Samu said:
    Files.app support for Gadget should not be far away now that this new one got it?

As far as I know this is Korgs first entry into ’Wavetable’ territory, not even the Kronos has this!

Maybe a ’lite’ version of the HD-1 engine with wave-sequences and vector synthesis hehe...

I don’t think we will get a Gadget version of this. It seems, from their website and intro video, to be a completely separate project for Korg.

• It's cool apart from

No audio file import function
    Export of audio stuck at 44khz 16 bit
    Fixed 4 note polyphony per synth part

• @Dawdles said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@Dawdles said:

Any nice sequencer stuff? Quick Parameter locks per step? Probability? Conditions?

Is it x amount of patterns per project? Or no projects and just a long list of patterns, like gr16?

Thanks 🙏

Aside from audio import and midi out I can’t find anything wrong with it. It lives up to its name: Electribe B)

No audio import for wavetables? Are the drums samples or synth? If they’re samples, are they importable?

What’s the project<>pattern<>patch structure/storage/export/backup like? How many patterns per project? Can you save a sound as a patch in one project to browse/use in other projects?

Any issues with send/master fx trails being killed when mute/switch pattern etc?

Decent insert fx selection/quality? Is it only one insert effect per track?

Thanks

Stock sounds from various gadgets (London, Recife, M1, Marcsielle, etc.) somewhere around 150 synth sounds, haven’t counted the drum hits. They’re all good and can be effected to make endless new sounds.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited August 2018

@Samu said:
    Files.app support for Gadget should not be far away now that this new one got it?

I doubt it'll ever be "gadgetized" unless they stripped 75% of the functionality and just integrated the sound engine part of it. Too many redundant parts imo. Judging from their history with iDS-10, iMS-20, and the other standalone groovebox/sequencers, a gadget version doesn't seem all that likely.

I'm incredibly happy with it as it is though, and with ableton link, it has a lot of potential if used in conjunction with other apps or even by itself. I've never been a huge fan of Korg UI design, but they've improved a lot since their early iOS days. Everything from automation control, to sequencing workflow is spot on IMO.

Would be nice if they open it up, & let you import wavetables in the future ...or better yet, create a sampler for it -- would easily be worth $10 as an IAP upgrade. But honestly, it's got an enormous amount of sound design potential as-is, with the 70 included wavetables + 70 PCM samples + healthy number of drum samples.

My only other feature request would be to allow for more than one individual effect per sound. It includes nearly the same number of effects as gadget has, though they don't have as many tweakable parameters. You can use 1 effect per sound, in addition to the global effect which you can enable or disable per each sound channel.

• edited August 2018

@Dawdles said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@Dawdles said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@Dawdles said:

Thanks 🙏

No audio import for wavetables? Are the drums samples or synth? If they’re samples, are they importable?

What’s the project<>pattern<>patch structure/storage/export/backup like? How many patterns per project? Can you save a sound as a patch in one project to browse/use in other projects?

Any issues with send/master fx trails being killed when mute/switch pattern etc?

Decent insert fx selection/quality? Is it only one insert effect per track?

Thanks

Stock sounds from various gadgets (London, Recife, M1, Marcsielle, etc.) somewhere around 150 synth sounds, haven’t counted the drum hits. They’re all good and can be effected to make endless new sounds.

Just watched @audiogus video. Looks like patterns are laid out in banks A-J? 16 x patterns per bank. Is this per project? Or are those ALL the patterns for the app, and there’s only one ‘project’?

A through E are the factory example pattern banks, F through J are all empty user init pattern banks. 16 patterns per bank. Each pattern can be 1 to 8 bars long, with up to 8 synth parts and 8 drum parts per pattern. In song mode, you just arrange your patterns to the list in any particular order - I'm not sure if there's a limit for how many patterns in a song -- I added over 105 to test it and didn't hit a wall. ...

It's fairly limited arranging , you can obviously add multiple copies of the same pattern if you want, and mute different instruments/drums on each instance - or transpose the pattern. + or - ... But that's about it for arranging abilities. It does have 64 spots to save songs.

When you fill up the empty user banks, , and you can get around the limit by going to settings and hitting the Pattern/Song Backup and Restore button, so you can have multiple collections of pattern banks to recall and save whenever you want.

• Korg = Buy happy bank holiday (UK) :)

• I really like the wave-table synth in this Electribe Wave thing.
    It's easy to tweak and has nice set of modifiers (sync, crossmod, etc) to trash the waves :)

Since not all features made it to the release version I'm looking forward to what they were?
    (@davis_korgrd Can we get any teasers?)

Maybe automation of sample-start for the drums and pcm waves?
    Ratcheting per-step?(Ie. step division).
    Maybe some 'trigger conditions'?

And well, would be nice to be able to import user samples to 'both' the synth(PCM with loop and Wavetables) and drum (PCM Samples).

As for 'Gadget Integration' I feel it would be enough with the WaveTable synth with support for user-samples & wavetables!

Time to dig deeper :)