Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Extraordinary and outstanding! The One Man Genesis and more...

edited August 2018 in Other

Today I stumbled across a video that left me just speechless. Who, like me, loves the early Genesis should watch this video.

A truly extraordinary performance by a multi-instrumentalist with outstanding talent!

I really love it! πŸŽΆπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

Antoine Baril - One Man Genesis

Comments

• Up until the Abacab / Mama stuff that was a journey through my school days.

Wow.

• Amazing - and just slightly obsessive! Even many of the original instruments like the Arp Pro-Soloist (why have I never seen a virtual one of these, it’s a pretty simple synth so shouldn’t be too difficult?).

• There is one. It’s called ProSolovst but it’s very hard to track down - not made anymore and (on Mac, at least) needs 32lives to work (it’s only 32bit).

It seems to be incredibly accurate in sound and function.

I can try to share it for people who are interested. Let me know!

• That was just totally epic

• Pretty damn cool! These quintuplets are going places!

• Yep, impressive.

• edited August 2018

I hate to swim against the current here. Just my feeling of course. All technique no feeling. And the technique is not exceptional, at least playing this music. Except for the drumming.... The only instrument he looks slightly happy playing. Sorry, fellas. I wanted to love it. And I sure as hell couldn't do it!

• edited August 2018

@LinearLineman ; I agree , I even thought the drumming was lackluster . Just a big indulgent wash of sound . Genesis was a vocal band. Who wants to hear it w no singing ? Three thumbs down.πŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘Ž
    I liked the camera visuals though on the intro .
    I’m such a hater though.. The fact that I even took the time to write that ...
    Something wrong..

• I try not to judge when I am playing as it gets in the way of the spontaneous creation. But when I listen to my own stuff and others I let my feelings judge. It is personal of course. Just like for you @Telstar5. Expressing ourselves is fun as long as no one gets hurt.

• edited August 2018

Hello @LinearLineman !

Your feedback is very welcome, of course! I think it's good to hear critical voices.

You think this is all just technique without fun and soul?

I don't know if you love the music of the early Genesis yourself. I myself grew up with Genesis and know almost every note of their works until the LP "The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway". Musically, in my opinion, their music is at the highest level in Rock.

What Tony Banks (keyboards), Mike Rutherford (guitar, bass), Steve Hacket (guitar), Phil Collins (drums) and Peter Gabriel have musically achieved was groundbreaking for large parts of rock music. There are many musicians who have been influenced by Genesis, including Antonie Baril.

Every single musician of Genesis was a virtuoso and musical genius in his own right. Everyone mastered his instrument perfectly with his very own technique. As a band they were unmistakable and had a decisive influence on the rock music of the 70s.

What strikes me about Antonie’s medley, that he reproduces the musicians and their music of that time extremely well on every instrument. Be it the runs of Toni Banks, the virtuoso guitar playing of Rutherford and Hacket or the outstanding drumming of Phil Collins. Antonie nailed them all!

Antonie Baril played and arranged the Genesis themes perfectly and I think with great passion.

His video has received 3,585 comments from critical Genesis fans and (pro) musicians from all over the world. The general tenor also of professional musicians: exceptional! 😎

But the tastes are known to be different.

The video has so far received 13,451 thumbs up and 254 thumb down. Maybe 3 of the dislikes came from @Telstar5 ... 😎

But who knows, if antonie had also sung like Peter Gabriel... 🎢😊

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hi @chandroji, what you say makes perfect sense. I reread your post and realized the strong connection you have with the nostalgic part of Genesis. I actually love the music and personalities of Phil Collins and Peter Gabriel. I find their music and videos, together and individually, amazing and original.

That so many people loved it means not very much to me. Millions of Americans love American cheese. To me it is tasteless, rubbery and phony. ( tho I do like it as a grilled cheese sandwich) Who is right? No one. It doesn't matter. Having a good time matters and we have it here. Sometimes you and I agree and often not! Still I think you are a great, compassionate and loving man ( and probably a terrific musician, but you don't post). I think everyone on the forum would agree with my assessment of you. Hopefully we are in agreement on this!

• edited August 2018

@Dawdles
    Yes, it was not a live concert and no playing together like in a band. It was a one man show performed in different takes in a studio. I really don't know how he could have done this better. That was difficult enough, a brilliant performance for a single musician in my opinion.

Sure, the original Genesis played it even better. But we do not really need to discuss that here.
    Nobody can outperform the original Genesis! 😊

• @LinearLineman Said:
    Hopefully we are in agreement on this!

Everything is fine my friend! 😊

• I can’t play even one of those instruments as well as he plays all of them.

• Man, if only I had that much time on my hands....

• edited August 2018

Every cover of successful music has to accept critical voices. Even if the majority is enthusiastic, there are some who do not like it at all.

Here is another example that I personally love.
    What if an extremely successful piece of music history is covered by 3 talented children?

This video was watched 4.874.355 times!
    It got 42,375 Likes and 2380 Dislikes. Personally, I don't understand the dislikes...

This piece is not from Genesis but from Led Zeppelin!
    Stairway To Heaven

And because it is Sunday and you may like Rock Music, here is another outstanding cover from Sina, the drumming girl from the video above.

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida (Iron Butterfly); Cover by Sina

I really love the outstanding talent and of course the amazing performances of these kids!
    May you enjoy this music as I do! πŸŽΆπŸ‘πŸ˜Š

If not, no problem! 😎

• Yes, agreeably great performances this time. Quite the contrast.

• Glad you like it @LinearLineman ! 😊

• @LinearLineman said:
    I try not to judge when I am playing... but when I listen to my own stuff and others I let my feelings judge.

Judge these for some millennial "feeling" and "happy looks".

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ogNxN4WUMF8

And get some sleep... you're cranky. B)

• I want all the toys this guy has! Of course, playing them well is another matter. (Looking happy in front of cameras is impossible).