Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Thanks Apple

I love the iPad for recording, no noise, bought a great interface, an old rocker getting back in the groove! Then boom ios7.04, and I have to go back to my old system! Thanks Apple, you obsolete my old G 5, tell me the iPad is better, I buy all the best apps like audiobus, and then you tell me to upgrade to ios7, and you jerk the rug out from under me! Thanks Apple!

Comments

• edited March 2014

• I apologize let me be more specific. I updated to ios7 and i can record into cubasis with or without Audiobus, but playback is very bad. I get dropouts and stuttering. I use a presonus interface i bought with the ipad from sweetwater. This has worked very well untill i updated to ios7

• edited March 2014

• edited December 2013

@3timesacharm, I have a possibly similar experience with a Mackie ProFX12 mixer with USB audio interface support. No issues recording into Cubasis, but the playback through the USB interface has a very lo-fi almost bit reduced sound to it (I know the recording is fine, by listening through the built-in headphone output, and no USB).

But the important distinction I found was it only happens with Cubasis! All other apps (instruments, DAWs, etc) work fine for both recording or playback, until Cubasis runs, whereupon it gets screwy again. Have to unplug-replug interface to get back to normal.

So the question for you is, how is playback using apps other than Cubasis after freshly plugging in your interface? And again, always specify the exact model for everything you have (e.g. which presonus interface and iPad model) when looking for support around here.

My test case here is iPad mini retina, iOS 7.0.3.

• audiobox vsl22 is the interface and ipad 4. If I send the recording to dropbox, it seems to oerform ok, but I have not tried other application ie; garageband or daw.

• I have the ios 7.0.4 loaded, it worked fine before ios 7

• I just tried playing my recorded track in cubasis without the interface and listened from the headphone out, and it drops out and stutters. I will try exporting the track next and listen from Dropbox when I get a chance to do that

• Well exporting the track from cubasis to Dropbox resulted in a stuttering track in Dropbox as I played it from there, so the recording is affected as well during the recording. It sounds like a CPU problem I've heard this on my PC's before. I make sure I have nothing running and no effects are on as well. As I said before, I had no issues until I upgraded to iOS 7 , I also tried the Inter- Audio in cubasis, and that seems to be very troublesome.

• My Alesis io4 seems to be anti-ios7 as well. Works for a bit then crumbles. restart/replug dance until it comes back for a bit.

• I'm getting hugely frustrated by all the stuttering, and since the last update all my Cubasis tunes are skipping a millisecond between each bar. Now that is just odd. And bloody irritating. I hope it is just a memory issue and my Air, due to arrive tomorrow, doesn't suffer the same.

• Apple knows what they're doing. They release a new operating system: Result? They sell a lot of new hardware with people hoping that that will solve the problems with the new operating system.

• edited March 2014

• I recorded into DAW last night, used the vsl22 presonus directly into the ipad 4, and had no issues. It appears to be a problem with cubasis and ios 7.0.4

• Just did the cubasis updates, and still hangs, drops out and stutters? What's next?

• Try ditching Cubasis. Give BM2 or Auria a go round. I don't have Cubasis, however something inside has always said to steer clear of it.

• edited March 2014

• @CJ_Stout said:

Try ditching Cubasis. Give BM2 or Auria a go round. I don't have Cubasis, however something inside has always said to steer clear of it.

Yeah, because nobody ever has problems with Auria...

http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/2412/mega-stuttering-while-tracking-isem-auria-using-ab-on-an-ipad-4#Item_0

• @PaulB - he didn't say that no one had problems with it. It's pretty well known that there currently is no perfect DAW solution on iOS and sometimes people use them in different ways than you or I... Personally I think they all three have their strengths (as well as weaknesses) and all are being further developed

• edited December 2013

I agree. I just think it's a bit rich CJ_Stout suggesting that someone ditch a DAW they've already paid for (and that he hasn't tried) to buy one that he himself has had problems with...

• Wow.

I was just thinking last night about how this community is so positive and supportive. Such as my intent with the "try something new" post, not to antagonize.

The operative word provided in my previous post was "try", or maybe I should have said "consider". In an attempt to provide support on something that I (admittedly) had little experience with, I offered what I could, a simple idea.

Auria and I have worked out our woes, and feedback from supportive people have played a critical role in that process.

I say "try" new things, like a different DAW, because, well, why not? I'm sure I'll give Cubasis a go some time down the road when pursuing a new productive workflow.

• edited December 2013

I didn't find your post antagonistic, just unhelpful and a tad ironic. I'm sure 3timesacharm has already tried using other recording apps that he already owns.
    Don't take it too hard, my tongue was firmly in cheek.

• Roger dodger Paul. Don't be surprised when I myself am seeking help with Cubasis.

3times, how goes your troubleshooting?

• Lol, I won't. It's far from perfect.

• The last update I did for cubasis took care of this issue thanks everyone. I do have a new post on problems with the bias app in tips and tricks with apps

• @CJ_Stout said:

Wow.

I was just thinking last night about how this community is so positive and supportive. Such as my intent with the "try something new" post, not to antagonize.

The operative word provided in my previous post was "try", or maybe I should have said "consider". In an attempt to provide support on something that I (admittedly) had little experience with, I offered what I could, a simple idea.

Auria and I have worked out our woes, and feedback from supportive people have played a critical role in that process.

I say "try" new things, like a different DAW, because, well, why not? I'm sure I'll give Cubasis a go some time down the road when pursuing a new productive workflow.

Hey man. Folks around here can be a bit dry with their humour but that's only because you're green and because the average age here is about 60 :P I got some bashing too but hey, that's what good communities are all about try not to be too sensitive. Also sarcasm doesn't always translate well in text.
    As for your original question I have no advice, however as far as stability is concerned do all digital audio workstations multitrack daw and beatmaker 2 seem to be the ones that report less bugs of all. The former is a bit short in features and the latter can be a bit quirky at first and also is quite a large app if you're short of space. Hope this helps.