Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Moog Model D, MPE and Roli Seaboard ...

1) Is there a way to control modulation on Model D using the slide (up and down) movement on Seaboard? It seems not.

2) GeoShred has a preset to do this, and I got it to work, BUT, I only got it to work using the GeoShred app itself, and not using the Seaboard connected to GeoShred (again, to control Model D) — how do I do this?!

Comments

• edited August 2018

I’d like to know this too.

• I believe the Roli transmits cc74 for slide. I think being able to remap that may be coming to dashboard soon, but not there yet. So for now you would probably have to use midi learn in the Moog app.....

• Basically, unlike Volt and Roli Noise, I don’t think the Moog apps are ‘properly MPE’.

They do per note pitch bend. But not, AFAIK, per note slide or per note pressure.

I’d be keen to know if I’m wrong though

• Hey, so on this topic...

I was fairly-successfully doing this via the MIDI Modifier in Mainstage (using my iPad and Model D as an External Instrument). I converted CC74 to Mod Wheel, and with enough tweaking of the scale and add sliders, I could get Slide to add vibrato.

But since what I think is the most recent update (or something I changed without realizing it last week), when I try to use my Seaboard with Model D, I always get full-on modulation, regardless of mod wheel position or Modifier plugin settings. Playing the built-in keyboard responds as expected, but as soon as I hit a key on the Seaboard, it's madness.

Any idea what's going on there?

• Samuelblupowitz - did you ever find a solution? I’m having the same issue with modulation.

• edited November 2022

SOLVED

Sorry that all of you had to wait years for this.
    To map the Slide (Up/Down dimension) of the Seaboard to the mod wheel you must use Roli Dashboard on your computer.
    Once in Roli Dashboard:

• Set Slide CC to #1 (that’s the mod wheel)
    • Set Slide mode to Relative Unipolar
    • Adjust Sensitivity to taste (default works great)
    • Disconnect!!

Open Model D or any app with a mod wheel that supports MPE.
    Set channel to MPE or OMNI
    It should work now.

Every time I connect to Roli dashboard, it resets my settings, so watch carefully.