Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Real time sequencer AUM?

Comments

• @[Deleted User] said:
    Did you have any update from AUM developer on the ability to have photon working from the effect node on AUM channels?

I am curious, how are you planning on using this feature if it makes it in?

• @CracklePot said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    Did you have any update from AUM developer on the ability to have photon working from the effect node on AUM channels?

Could be useful to keep projects organised. While tracks in AUM are audio tracks, so insering Photon after eg Rozeta wouldn't make midi connection between the two, it would help visually to see what belongs where, or stacking up several Photons on single track to reduce scrolling.

• @CracklePot said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Less channels in AUM. Easier more organised workflow.

• @recccp said:

@CracklePot said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Could be useful to keep projects organised. While tracks in AUM are audio tracks, so insering Photon after eg Rozeta wouldn't make midi connection between the two, it would help visually to see what belongs where, or stacking up several Photons on single track to reduce scrolling.

You could have say a drum machine in the instrument slot and Rozetta in the FX slot on the same channel and midi link them. Save a Channel every time you do this type of routing.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@recccp said:

@CracklePot said:

@[Deleted User] said:

You could have say a drum machine in the instrument slot and Rozetta in the FX slot on the same channel and midi link them. Save a Channel every time you do this type of routing.

AFAIK Rozeta is considered done. For Photon it could be useful for the time being, but sooner or later an AUM update will address this.

• @recccp said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@recccp said:

@CracklePot said:

@[Deleted User] said:

AFAIK Rozeta is considered done. For Photon it could be useful for the time being, but sooner or later an AUM update will address this.

Yes, exactly the Dev from AUM said he would introduce this feature.

• edited December 2018

@midiSequencer said:

@Carnbot said:
    @midiSequencer

This app is becoming a bit like a micro- Ableton session view for midi clips as far as I can see. Since you have follow actions in Quantum so have some code, are there any plans to add follow actions for the pads in the future? you could see the pads as clips, so this would be amazing for workflows.

Apologies if this has been asked before, but thread getting long now :)

Not sure how far the clips will go - atm it allows you to add midi you record or have saved (in a midi file in the app).
    I want to allow sync & chain actions on the pads but not necessarily the full set of Quantum follow actions (although it could be done). If the app is well received I'm happy to extend it, but pad playback (loading midi & control) is more difficult in an AU app as it needs to be heavily optimised compared to Quantum say.

momentary, toggle, running and start could be a good start?

• @crifytosp said:

momentary, toggle, running and start could be a good start?

yes thats for sure.

• btw Jonatan (dev of AUM) indicated he hasn't started coding the midi in the fx slots - so for now its audio only.

• @midiSequencer I looking forward to your new midi trickery sequencer more than NS2 and Christmas!

• ok. I've sent the 1st beta out to the external testers.
    When I've completed the manual in a couple of days will share with everyone.

Still looking to have a public release before xmas!

• @midiSequencer said:
    ok. I've sent the 1st beta out to the external testers.
    When I've completed the manual in a couple of days will share with everyone.

Still looking to have a public release before xmas!

Fab looking forward to this.

• Yay, we're getting there :)

• @[Deleted User] said:

@recccp said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@recccp said:

@CracklePot said:

@[Deleted User] said:

The plan is to make "midi-only" slots that take less screen space (stacked vertically) so one does not have to waste an audio channel just to host a midi plugin. It does not change anything regarding MIDI routing.

• @j_liljedahl said:

The plan is to make "midi-only" slots that take less screen space (stacked vertically) so one does not have to waste an audio channel just to host a midi plugin. It does not change anything regarding MIDI routing.

This sounds amazing.

• I've just skimmed through this thread (time machine). Looking great and a much needed tool on ios.

Q: is there a way to control loop length via midi CC? It would be good to be able to shorten the loop by a small amount so it creates a poly rhythm in respect to what the host is playing.
    I'm thinking of it for live use.

• @supadom said:
    I've just skimmed through this thread (time machine). Looking great and a much needed tool on ios.

Q: is there a way to control loop length via midi CC? It would be good to be able to shorten the loop by a small amount so it creates a poly rhythm in respect to what the host is playing.

+1

• @supadom said:
    I've just skimmed through this thread (time machine). Looking great and a much needed tool on ios.

I think the answer is yes.

"Pads will be controlled using AU Parameters (complete set per pad). AUM allows midi CC or note mapping to these, so this is the easiest way to control them."

"its basically 4 midi files being played together but you control the start position & duration so for example you could work with midi files consisting of many sections and control which section gets played. Then you have 4 of these - the pads."

• So read this thread like my teenage daughter... 😁. Is there a release date for this beautiful app yet?

• @supadom said:

each Pad has a start & length setting that will be exposed as an AU Parameter - hence you can automate this

• @Eye0sStudios said:
    So read this thread like my teenage daughter... 😁. Is there a release date for this beautiful app yet?

not soon enough! - It's been seen by the beta testers so I've some workflow improvements to make & some more bugs.....

• Oh, for crying out loud, just get on with it... ;) :*

• edited December 2018

@j_liljedahl said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@recccp said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@recccp said:

@CracklePot said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Could AUM not be programmed to allow for a specific Node or Channel to start on a certain Bar/Time/Beat after the Play button has been hit? And show a timeline at the top similar to this below?

Almost like placing the channel/node on a timeline telling it when to do its thing. Could it then also not be told when to stop playing as well?

I am meaning within the AUM program itself, not by a different app.

• Juuust to keep it here on front...

• Photon 01/19... I really hope for :*

• Latest beta brought much goodness! It's really coming along..

• This has got to be really close, no?

• @CracklePot said:
    This has got to be really close, no?

Yes. :)