Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Egoist AUV3 has landed!

It landed ...... OMG - that is an update that needs playing with!. As with other Sugarbytes, be aware this zaps the IAA version, so don’t update with projects which need that on the go :)

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm so excited
    And I just can't hide it

• Does the drum sequencer have MIDI out into the host?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited August 2018

BUG ALERT

Looks like the sample list is chopped off. I can only see half my samples now in standalone or AU. This is not a GUI issue but the file list itself is incomplete.

• sweet, can’t wait to try on my ipad. now if we can just get it on iphone.... priceless

• Looks like the sound import option is gone in AU. So will probably have to quit the host, run standalone, import, re-run host... :(

• Looks like the weekend just got busier.

• amazing news :)

• Any midi out of the AU can anyone confirm?

• @Carnbot said:
    Any midi out of the AU can anyone confirm?

• edited August 2018

great :)
    That's means Thesys hopefully isn't too far off as well.

• @Carnbot said:

That would be awesome

• edited August 2018

Damn, looks like both the sample list and project list are now chopped off at a certain number of files. Hope they can fix this easily.

Huh, just checked Effectrix and it looks like it has this problem too. Must be a Sugar Bytes library thingy mangingy.

• @AudioGus said:
    Looks like the sound import option is gone in AU. So will probably have to quit the host, run standalone, import, re-run host... :(

This is unwelcome news...

• @Carnbot said:

Oh right, nice!

• Gooooooaaaaaaallllllll!

• @AudioGus said:
    Damn, looks like both the sample list and project list are now chopped off at a certain number of files. Hope they can fix this easily.

Huh, just checked Effectrix and it looks like it has this problem too. Must be a Sugar Bytes library thingy mangingy.

So... am I the only one in this boat? Considering doing a wipe and reinstall if that is the case.

• edited August 2018

I haven't really used Egoist much at all yet, so maybe I'm missing something obvious? .. just now updated and the factory drum kits aren't loading at all -- stuck on empty .. The list of kits shows up, everything from analog to waste kit but nothing loads.

[edit] deleted app, rebooted iPad Pro , reinstalled, still no luck.. Seems bugged/broke.

[edit 2] .. Just updated to 11.4.3 .. Works now. Was on 11.3 when it didn't work.

• I'm getting a lot of crashing when using my old presets, thinking of clearing them out anyway. But stock presets are playing well without crashing.

• Yah this weekend I will currate my sample mess, do a wipe from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure. ;)

So far LOVING it. I can safely get three instances on my 2017 until I get a Pro or Apple lifts the silly memory restriction, which is likely the issue.

• Oh yes, apematrix LFO on pretty much everything. Sugar Bytes delivers :)

• wowowowowow! Awesome!
    Thank you Sugarbytes!!!!

Unfortunately I don't have any sound in the beats section.
    I tried AU, I tried Standalone, I tried reinstall, I tried reboot.
    What am I missing? you guys have sound in the drums part?

• @david_2017 said:
    wowowowowow! Awesome!
    Thank you Sugarbytes!!!!

I had that too until I loaded a kit.

• edited August 2018

yes have beat sounds here :)
    This is definitely a good candidate for another AU out port for the drums, not sure if that's hidden away in there to be discovered by a host.

• @AudioGus said:

@david_2017 said:
    wowowowowow! Awesome!
    Thank you Sugarbytes!!!!

yeah, I cannot do that

• Am in the middle of some songs. So don’t want to update if there are any major issues. It seems that the beats may not be working ? And some presets are missing. Is this for everyone ? Should I wait it out ?

• Is there a way of recording the beats, the bass and the samples to separate banks in bm3. I’m guessing not ?

• @david_2017 said:

@AudioGus said:

@david_2017 said:
    wowowowowow! Awesome!
    Thank you Sugarbytes!!!!

yeah, I cannot do that

Same here in standalone. Quit and restarted and kits load now.

• No major issues as far as I can see, apart from crashing on some of my presets, but that seems to have settled down now quite a lot..