Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Touchable pro this fall (2018)

Comments

• Holy moly! Looks incredible.

Not exactly sure what in that video was new, because for some reason (which now seems inexplicable) I have not yet bought touchAble. I was just about to buy the current iOS version to give it a try, but stopped because I’m not sure if the Pro version coming in the fall will be a separate purchase/paid upgrade deal. I’d completely understand if that were the case. (Just don’t feel like paying for it twice! :D ) Anyone perhaps know if the Pro version will be free for existing owners?

Nonetheless, just mind blowing stuff. So am I understanding correctly? With the touchAble Pro one could do multi-touch ala Bitwig on a compatible touchscreen monitor?

• edited August 2018

Plus, you can customize exactly the layout you need, which means touchAble shines for live performance. Years ago, I caught the early live show by Glitch Mob, all on original JazzMutant Lemur hardware (that is, before the iPad was released). They were able to make giant buttons so they could trigger stuff in Live without distracting from a live drum routine. You can do that with this if you want – or any number of other layouts. **Need specific clip triggers, huge? Want a particular mixer or clip launch layout? Draw it right on the device.

Trying to understand what does this mean?
    Anyway, a touchscreen running this and an iPad running studiomux into Live, with all of your favorite apps synced.... I think that is the ultimate setup..

• @RajahP said:

Plus, you can customize exactly the layout you need, which means touchAble shines for live performance. Years ago, I caught the early live show by Glitch Mob, all on original JazzMutant Lemur hardware (that is, before the iPad was released). They were able to make giant buttons so they could trigger stuff in Live without distracting from a live drum routine. You can do that with this if you want – or any number of other layouts. **Need specific clip triggers, huge? Want a particular mixer or clip launch layout? Draw it right on the device.

Anyway, a touchscreen running this and an iPad running studiomux into Live, with all of your favorite apps synced.... I think that is the ultimate setup..

Peter is talking about the layout creator. It’s showed in the video in some moment and it cames from soda dj/d(- -)b app... it let user create the control layout and pages from zero.

• @Dubbylabby said:

@RajahP said:

Peter is talking about the layout creator. It’s showed in the video in some moment and it cames from soda dj/d(- -)b app... it let user create the control layout and pages from zero.

Ok.. any chance of snapshots.. ALA, Kapture Pad?

• @RajahP said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@RajahP said:

Ok.. any chance of snapshots.. ALA, Kapture Pad?

I have no idea but it could be perfectly doable automation recording and snapshotting them. There is a lot more difficult things implemented requiring bidirectional comunication based on the video so... ask devs to implement it if it isn’t at release.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    New vid.

Dham... multiple devices.. I think this just killed hardware controllers ...well, for me...

• Truly love this app...great to see it get all this attention with the new update :)

• I have a launch key 49 and I plan on picking this up. With that combo is Push redundant? Seems like people will always love the Push for the tactile approach but for usability and functionality between these two it seems like push might not add anything to the table.

• The beta just dropped.

• edited September 2018

I AM **FURIOUS ** AT THE TOUCHABLE TEAM!!!!!!

Here's why:

I've been trying to come up with a workable system for Jazz composition. To that end, I have Abelton, but I find it difficult to use for multiple sections of compositions. I find this with ALL DAWS, etc. Sibelius gets it right, with it's ability to mimic scores, repeats, codas, etc. But it sounds mechanical....

So I've been buying some iPad apps in hopes of creating a workable system. To that end, TODAY I bought Touch-able (or whatever it's called....).

Apparently, one doesn't just plug the iPad into the computer (Windows Lenovo Yoga 720 in my case), or use Blue tooth. No, apparently some network / server connection is required. I'm not sure if one is restricted to being online or not when using Touch-able....

There's no documentation explaining their set up procedure other than the in-app drivel, which is pretty cursory.

A disclaimer says one MUST install iTunes and something called "Bonjour."

I HATE iTunes!!!

It ruined music on many levels (I'll explain why if anyone is interested...).

But that's not the REAL problem(s). There are two:

1. The downloads for the installer DO NOT WORK. Period. So, the app is USELESS.
    2. While looking for the email address to send to Germany to inquire / complain (hello, how about a USA service center???) (and what's with the "AT" - afraid of posting your actual email???), I noticed a Facebook link, so I followed it.....

ONLY TO LEARN OF THE IMPEDING "PRO" I (read: advertising business "weasel word" for "paid update") --- and it's THIRTY BUCKS, with NO RELIEF OR DISCOUNT FOR "EXISTING" USERS!!!!

BOO!!!

I JUST BOUGHT THIS APP TODAY - I'm not an "existing" user....

NO NOTICE OF THE FORTHCOMING "PRO" (paid update).

I would have held off on my purchase had I known this....

So, Touch-able reveals itself as a greedy company who doesn't care about its customers.

Their excuse of "free updates for 8 years" is all well and good, but NOT FOR NEW USERS LIKE ME.

BOO!!!!

Needless to say, I'm asking for a refund (apparently this is possible for any app, I Googled it...).

I'll try the free Beta of "Pro" (but I don't expect the downloads to work...).

Lame city.....

UPDATE: The alleged beta is nowhere to be found. Anybody got it?

• @shiftsynth1 said:
    I have a launch key 49 and I plan on picking this up. With that combo is Push redundant? Seems like people will always love the Push for the tactile approach but for usability and functionality between these two it seems like push might not add anything to the table.

There would be a lot of overlap. I think Push is loved so much because it integrates so well with Live and all of its native devices. It’s really a thing of beauty I enjoy looking at it as silly as that sounds.

• @Skyscrapersax @cblomert is your man. Don’t be so mad due he probably will find a clever solution, he’s a great developer and better person.

Just breath and calm down.

• Just get a refund from Apple, with report a problem and then wait for the Pro to be released.

• edited September 2018

@Dubbylabby said:
    @Skyscrapersax @cblomert is your man. Don’t be so mad due he probably will find a clever solution, he’s a great developer and better person.

1. Well OK maybe you are knowledgeable of the cat, but seriously, they need to get their act together there. No way to run a business.
    2. When is this "Pro" out? Soon, I assume, since the needed software for the soon to be "legacy" version is apparently disabled...
    3. Just to be sure that the problem wasn't on "my end," I made sure my downloads folder's drive wasn't full (plenty of space left), and tried a different browser. It started to download on MS Edge, but failed there too.
    4. I also tried downloading on my iPad; I emailed the result but no email! Weird...
  • @Carnbot said:

Just get a refund from Apple, with report a problem and then wait for the Pro to be released.

1. I'm doing that - I didn't know it was possible until the nonworking Touch-Able issue reared its ugly head....
  • @Skyscrapersax said:

@Dubbylabby said:
    @Skyscrapersax @cblomert is your man. Don’t be so mad due he probably will find a clever solution, he’s a great developer and better person.

1. Well OK maybe you are knowledgeable of the cat, but seriously, they need to get their act together there. No way to run a business.
    2. When is this "Pro" out? Soon, I assume, since the needed software for the soon to be "legacy" version is apparently disabled...

A bit slow answering sometimes but total gentleman without doubt. Try the refund and if you got trouble send him a PM or ask me for mail. :wink:

• @Dubbylabby said:

@Skyscrapersax said:

@Dubbylabby said:

A bit slow answering sometimes but total gentleman without doubt. Try the refund and if you got trouble send him a PM or ask me for mail. :wink:

I'll post my results... You appear to be "in the know..." Any idea when the update (aka "Pro") is available? Thanks....

• @Skyscrapersax said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@Skyscrapersax said:

@Dubbylabby said:

I'll post my results... You appear to be "in the know..." Any idea when the update (aka "Pro") is available? Thanks....

Not really, just another forum member but very passionated over a lot of time about the other project @cblomert has called d(—)b aka soda dj so I know they listen but are slow sometimes...
    I sent a mail after suggest you the option so maybe we have luck and Christian appears to chat himself :smiley:

• @Dubbylabby said:

I sent a mail after suggest you the option so maybe we have luck and Christian appears to chat himself :smiley:

Thank you! It may have worked, as the download magically worked!

Maybe they could offer a discount on the update / "Pro" version for "new" users who bought right before the launch?

• Maybe they drop a bundle or similar, they did it with Soda dj app... try yourself to send him a mail and ask for!

• I posted on FB with my request..... I'll send an email as well....

• edited September 2018

Also don't forget that they do the utterly amazing Studiomux. AppBC is only a three person team, with, i think, only one main coder. In my eyes these apps are as close to being works of genius as it's possible to get on ios, & the team deserve far more praise & plaudits than they receive. I regularly see people slagging off Studiomux on this forum, more often than not because of user error. Also as @Dubbylabby said, they are really nice people...........but may sometimes be a little slow responding due to being such a small team.............

Anyway it seems the issue is resolved now, so good luck with it & happy music making! :)

• Anyone hear anything about this?

• UPDATE: The alleged beta is nowhere to be found. Anybody got it?

Just be patient. They took a week to send me the test flight invite. Also.... You have created a test flight account right ?

• @Skyscrapersax said:
    I AM **FURIOUS ** AT THE TOUCHABLE TEAM!!!!!!

Here's why:

I've been trying to come up with a workable system for Jazz composition. To that end, I have Abelton, but I find it difficult to use for multiple sections of compositions. I find this with ALL DAWS, etc. Sibelius gets it right, with it's ability to mimic scores, repeats, codas, etc. But it sounds mechanical....

So I've been buying some iPad apps in hopes of creating a workable system. To that end, TODAY I bought Touch-able (or whatever it's called....).

Apparently, one doesn't just plug the iPad into the computer (Windows Lenovo Yoga 720 in my case), or use Blue tooth. No, apparently some network / server connection is required. I'm not sure if one is restricted to being online or not when using Touch-able....

There's no documentation explaining their set up procedure other than the in-app drivel, which is pretty cursory.

A disclaimer says one MUST install iTunes and something called "Bonjour."

I HATE iTunes!!!

It ruined music on many levels (I'll explain why if anyone is interested...).

But that's not the REAL problem(s). There are two:

1. The downloads for the installer DO NOT WORK. Period. So, the app is USELESS.
    2. While looking for the email address to send to Germany to inquire / complain (hello, how about a USA service center???) (and what's with the "AT" - afraid of posting your actual email???), I noticed a Facebook link, so I followed it.....

ONLY TO LEARN OF THE IMPEDING "PRO" I (read: advertising business "weasel word" for "paid update") --- and it's THIRTY BUCKS, with NO RELIEF OR DISCOUNT FOR "EXISTING" USERS!!!!

BOO!!!

I JUST BOUGHT THIS APP TODAY - I'm not an "existing" user....

NO NOTICE OF THE FORTHCOMING "PRO" (paid update).

I would have held off on my purchase had I known this....

So, Touch-able reveals itself as a greedy company who doesn't care about its customers.

Their excuse of "free updates for 8 years" is all well and good, but NOT FOR NEW USERS LIKE ME.

BOO!!!!

Needless to say, I'm asking for a refund (apparently this is possible for any app, I Googled it...).

I'll try the free Beta of "Pro" (but I don't expect the downloads to work...).

Lame city.....

UPDATE: The alleged beta is nowhere to be found. Anybody got it?

Ive been beta testing the Pro version for a while, never had to update the server software from the original I have on my Windows laptop from using the standard version. It’s from the same team that given us Modstep, Studiomux, Soda DJ, and the guy who does Elastic Drums, FX is connected to them. The Studiomux severs the one that most people have had problems with in the past, always found Touchable to be solid build than Studiomux.