Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pure Synth 2 Platinum by Gospel Musicians

Did I read somewhere this is coming to iOS? The design GUI colours looks like the new BASSalicious colours layout.

Comments

• Yepp, but I do wonder if it's one of those 3-4GB installs though...

• @Samu said:
    Yepp, but I do wonder if it's one of those 3-4GB installs though...

True MK Sensation was a big package for what it gave, sounds good on the UT though.

• Love watching him play.

• @gusgranite said:
    Love watching him play.

Yep, he enjoys playing and it doesn't seem just like schtick. I would probably get this, even though it isn't especially targeted to my musical interests which tend towards messier, noisier stuff. It just sounds nice to plunk around with and I imagine that I could hijack these sounds in different ways.

• A quote from GM on the last BASSalicious post said:

Let's just say you will be pleasantly surprised with the new updates and stuff we have planned.

On a different note

So you never know. Reading between the lines wouldn’t surprise me if this one or s version of it gets ported to iOS.

• Just for the Record and the Forum Newbie seeking App's:

This is a DESKTOP DAW plug-in and NOT an IOS App.

Don't let the Mac AU plug-in standard support confuse you with IOS AUv3 standards. They are not compatible. (I haven't watched the video because it's a $200 plug-in with 50% off at Intro).

• @McDtracy said:
    Just for the Record and the Forum Newbie seeking App's:

Don't let the Mac AU plug-in standard support confuse you with IOS AUv3 standards. They are not compatible. (I haven't watched the video because it's a $200 plug-in with 50% off at Intro).

But Jamal has ported most of his stuff to iOS already and a few months back posted iOS screenshots of the app that is demoed in the video, so in due time this too will come to iOS...

• @Samu said:

@McDtracy said:

But Jamal has ported most of his stuff to iOS already and a few months back posted iOS screenshots of the app that is demoed in the video, so in due time this too will come to iOS...

Thanks. Maybe I can watch the video since it's the future money at risk. Until then I'll keep importing free instruments to feed the beast.

• @Samu said:

@McDtracy said:

@samu yes I remember that post was looking for it but could not find it.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Did I read somewhere this is coming to iOS? The design GUI colours looks like the new BASSalicious colours layout.

NEW bassilicious? Separate or update? Just curious, always really liked the original but it has some MIDI problems.

• @oat_phipps I think GM are wiping the slate clean from their previous app BASSalicious or maybe all their apps and bringing out Pure Synth for iOS with what sounds like a cross grade offer and IAP for you to buy the sounds you want be it bass, piano, synth etc. This is what they said in a previous thread (see below). Just my 2 pennies worth nothing official said.

Link here.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/26367/bassalicious-on-sale/p1

Quoted by GM in thread.

“Here is what we are thinking out-loud. Why not have one synth for everything. Our new architecture is sample, analog waveforms, and wavetable synthesis. In theory, the only thing with a synth that ever really changes is the GUI and the waveforms. What about one synth and you choose between the different waveforms, or synthesis that you want. The question is if people are really that nostalgic about having a different GUI?

With that being said, we are finishing our Pure Synth "system" architecture where a user can choose from the samples, synthesis, or sounds they want from one synth. So we would offer a very generous crossgrade for people who owned BASSalicious to the new system. You will be able to load and unload the samples or sounds you don't want using the Download Content architecture of iOS.”

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @oat_phipps I think GM are wiping the slate clean from their previous app BASSalicious or maybe all their apps and bringing out Pure Synth for iOS with what sounds like a cross grade offer and IAP for you to buy the sounds you want be it bass, piano, synth etc. This is what they said in a previous thread (see below). Just my 2 pennies worth nothing official said.

Link here.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/26367/bassalicious-on-sale/p1

Quoted by GM in thread.

“Here is what we are thinking out-loud. Why not have one synth for everything. Our new architecture is sample, analog waveforms, and wavetable synthesis. In theory, the only thing with a synth that ever really changes is the GUI and the waveforms. What about one synth and you choose between the different waveforms, or synthesis that you want. The question is if people are really that nostalgic about having a different GUI?

With that being said, we are finishing our Pure Synth "system" architecture where a user can choose from the samples, synthesis, or sounds they want from one synth. So we would offer a very generous crossgrade for people who owned BASSalicious to the new system. You will be able to load and unload the samples or sounds you don't want using the Download Content architecture of iOS.”

Cool. If this has the over-the-top attention to detail like Neo-Soul Keys, instant buy. Even though the first Bassilicious and Neo-Soul Studio were good, they really stepped it up and outdid themselves with the second version of Keys.

• I wonder if @GospelMusicians can confirm this.

• Yes hope it comes as like some of the sounds coming out of the 3 videos they posted on U Tube yesterday showing Pure Synth 2

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I wonder if @GospelMusicians can confirm this.

If you read through that BASSalicious for sale thread link they more or less confirmed it’s coming showing the same screenshots etc.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I wonder if @GospelMusicians can confirm this.

If you read through that BASSalicious for sale thread link they more or less confirmed it’s coming showing the same screenshots etc.

Cool goodness! Thanks mate. :)

• This on iOS would be earth shattering

• Has anyone been able to modulate BASSalicious parameters using Apematrix LFOs? Trying to modulate pulse width and filter, but it crashes immediately on each.

Hoping it's fixed soon or there's a workaround in the meantime.

• OK. I watched the video and it reminded me that I need to practice my keyboards skills and dig deeper into extended chord harmonies (9's, 11's, 13's and full circle to the 15th).

I love that smooth soul sound that has become the core of modern Gospel playing. So, much pop music can be traced back to the African American churches as the training ground for Aretha, Stevie Wonder and hundreds more that defined Popular music. It continues to evolve and inspire great music.

• @gusgranite said:
    Love watching him play.

I also love hearing him play.

• @JeffChasteen said:

@gusgranite said:
    Love watching him play.

I also love hearing him play.

True dat

• @AnimalHeadSpirit said:
    Has anyone been able to modulate BASSalicious parameters using Apematrix LFOs? Trying to modulate pulse width and filter, but it crashes immediately on each.

Hoping it's fixed soon or there's a workaround in the meantime.

Those were the MIDI problems I spoke of earlier in the thread. It crashes in AUM too when modifying parameters. I've had it for well over a year and it's never been fixed.

• GM have just launched FM Tines 2.0 on desktop. Nice sounds.

• edited June 2019

Now Available
    -On Sale for $9.99 Introductory Offer
    -Sale Ends June 24, 2019

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pure-synth-platinum/id1459688500

• If that’s not an instabuy I don’t know what is.

• Damn it Jim, i didnt want to spend any more on synths. Luckily its on sale.

Now they mention IAP's here, does buying the app for $9.99 get you the whole sample lot? Or do those require additional costs through IAP?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @carbonchris The whole 6GB of samples + presets are included in the $9.99 price.

• edited June 2019

snap!

Im reading as well that the synth engine is powered by UVI's Falcon engine..wonder if this is also the case for the iOS version?

http://www.synthanatomy.com/2018/02/gospel-musicians-pure-synth-platinum-review-uvi-falcon-free-workstation.html

Nevertheless...the effects on this alone are dynamite.