Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

RE-1 Virtual Tape Machine & Looper - Amazing for Dub

Comments

• edited August 2018

@yowza said:

@skiphunt said:
    The original poster must be isolated to that one user. I’m using in standalone mode right now on an iPad Pro 10.5 (same as the original poster) and it’s working perfectly. Running cool, smooth and no noticeable effect on battery. Perfect.

But if you’re concerned, just wait until more updates. Might miss that sweet 50% off launch sale though. :)

I appreciate it. I've seen you ask a million questions before you decide to buy a new app so I figured I could get away with asking one. Thanks for your input! Much appreciated.

No worries! Like many users here, I have a lot of apps and want to make sure an app will be a good fit for my needs before purchase. Gotta cut through new app hype to get to the relevant details to make an informed buying decision.

I’m particularly stoked about this app because it’s what I’ve been looking for. If you’ve got more questions, ask away!

It’s pretty solid at launch, but with more users jumping on the train, I’m sure some bugs will be discovered. My experience has been great so far. And, I can say this dev is very attentive to squashing said bugs as they’re revealed.

• edited August 2018

Having same issues as RockySmalls (9.7 ipad pro running EXTREMELY hot after only 4 minutes of AUM session containing Zeeon, XOX, and Ruismaker AUs alongside one instance of RE-1 on master. However, DSP it only adds around 7%)

Is there a way to run Tape wow/flutter/saturation/hiss without incorporating a delay effect? From what I saw a 10ms delay is the closest you could towards coloring a live signal.

• @jaymoreaya said:
    Having same issues as RockySmalls (9.7 ipad pro running EXTREMELY hot after only 4 minutes of AUM session containing Zeeon, XOX, and Ruismaker AUs alongside one instance of RE-1 on master. However, DSP it only adds around 7%)

Is there a way to run Tape wow/flutter/saturation/hiss without incorporating a delay effect? From what I saw a 10ms delay is the closest you could towards coloring a live signal.

aha! i feel less persecuted by the random universe now :)
    @yowsa i have contacted the dev with details of the probs, will report what or when he says.. @jaymoreaya , would be good if you also bunged the dev a note..

• ps. I’m running iOS 11.4.1 on iPad Pro 10.5 - Mostly use apeMatrix but also AUM sometimes. Have never had any battery or heat issues at all, but I also mostly use it as an AU. Rarely standalone or IAA. Only occasionally for testing, but my bread & butter use is primarily as an AU almost exclusively.

• @RockySmalls I know you are on iOS 11.3. What iOS are you on @jaymoreaya? I'm on 11.4.1, so I'm curious if iOS version might be part of the equation.

• Gave it a solid 5 minutes and I really dig it. I almost deleted my LoFionic Duplicat app a few months back but kept it around so I could modulate the tape speed in apeMatrix.

NO LONGER.

I loved you, Duplicat - you have me tons for the $0.99 I spent on you. But now it's time to move over for the new hotness in town....

• Also on 11.3, @yowza . I can run an update later today to see if it fixes. Fingers crossed no other apps get borked.

• edited August 2018

@jaymoreaya said:
    Also on 11.3, @yowza . I can run an update later today to see if it fixes. Fingers crossed no other apps get borked.

this is a vague possibility.. except i am on 11.2.6.. ie, before all the battery probs were reported ( 11.3 ) .. never had this before.. dev has been in touch already, but he hasn’t had any reports like it yet ... he thought it was hardware related.. but i have no accessories plugged in.. so .. not...
    will be interested if 11.4.1 solves it for jaymoreaya..
    onwards...

• @Daveypoo said:
    Gave it a solid 5 minutes and I really dig it. I almost deleted my LoFionic Duplicat app a few months back but kept it around so I could modulate the tape speed in apeMatrix.

NO LONGER.

I loved you, Duplicat - you have me tons for the $0.99 I spent on you. But now it's time to move over for the new hotness in town....

‘hotness’ being the operative word in my case :)

• I can’t get it to run my samples imported from AudioShare. It does run the samples that came with the app. Latest iOS on 10.5 pro. Samples are 16 bit 44hz. Rebooted but no luck. Samples show in the selection drop down but no sound when selected in standalone. Any ideas?

• I just ran a test on iOS11.4.1. iPad Pro 10.5. AUM as the host. Quanta AUv3 latched as the source.

First, loaded RE-1 as an IAA fx slot. Made adjustments and let run 15mins. Battery dropped 2% from 77% to 75%. cpu use at 23%. No heat change.

Then, ran same test for 15mins with same setup only using RE-1 as AUv3.

Battery dropped only 1%. cpu use at 17%. And again, no heat detected.

• edited August 2018

Any details about the looping/recording abilities? Does it work as a recorder/looper in each AUM channel?

• @gusgranite said:
    @kobamoto the panning is good in this one!

:) I'm on it!

• @YannisHatzi said:
    Any details about the looping/recording abilities? Does it work as a recorder/looper in each AUM channel?

• edited August 2018

@kobamoto said:

@YannisHatzi said:

Yes. There’s also a new function for transport sync so you can start them all at once. Should be in an update later today. Works great in AUM but haven’t figured it out in apeMatrix yet.

• sweet, thanks skip, and for the heads up Gus

• @skiphunt said:

@kobamoto said:

@YannisHatzi said:

Yes. There’s also a new function for transport sync so you can start them all at once. Should be in an update later today. Works great in AUM but haven’t figured it out in apeMatrix yet.

Thank you! Buying now!

• edited August 2018

@YannisHatzi said:

@skiphunt said:

@kobamoto said:

@YannisHatzi said:

Thank you! Buying now!

If you look in the screenshots I posted a few posts back, you’ll see 2 buttons called
    Link Transport and Time Stretch. Those aren’t in the launched version, but the dev says they’ll show up in an update later today.

• edited August 2018

@skiphunt said:

If you look in the screenshots I posted a few posts back, you’ll see 2 buttons called
    Link Transport and Time Stretch. Those aren’t in the launched version, but the dev says they’ll show up in an update later today.

is it capable of resampling into itself while tweaking, and I know it's not possible but it would be so cool to be able to touch a waveform and scrub /trigger from different points while recording into the looper?

• @skiphunt said:

@YannisHatzi said:

@skiphunt said:

@kobamoto said:

@YannisHatzi said:

Thank you! Buying now!

Can you compare it (as a looper/recorder) with Kosmonaut? (if you have both)

• edited August 2018

@kobamoto said:

@skiphunt said:

is it capable of resampling into itself while tweaking, and I know it's not possible but it would be so cool to be able to touch a waveform and scrub /trigger from different points while recording into the looper?

You can keep overdubbing. Start with a one source, overdub/record... then swap out the source and continue overdubbing.

You can also “open in” a sample from AudioShare then overdub onto that too.

No on the scrubbing points but you can scrub the reels for speed changes

• nice, thanks again.

• @YannisHatzi said:

@skiphunt said:

@YannisHatzi said:

@skiphunt said:

@kobamoto said:

@YannisHatzi said:

Thank you! Buying now!

Not the same. Considerably more control of the looping stuff in RE-1. Humbletune’s Nils gets close, but nowhere near the options and control of RE-1

• @ka010 it would be great if the reverse button was bigger. It is fun hitting it on the fly during recording and then releasing it again. It is a little small for my fat fingers at the moment.

• @MonzoPro said:

@thesoundtestroom said:
    Yes, Yes, A great new App from Kai Aras called the RE-1 Virtual Tape Machine and it's also a Looper, very very Cool Beans

You can get the RE-1 Virtual Tape Echo here at the App Store
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/re-1/id1407764053?mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

Haven’t bought it yet, but love where you’re slowing the tape with your fingers...I used to do that with my old WEM Copycat...

On the other hand, playing the tape fast forward or backward against the playhead would also be a nice possibility. Never came across an app or a AU/ VST that could do this simple effect. We used this regulary on performances back in the 80s.

• Ya know, i've wanted the Roland Space Echo ever since I was listening to the Home Recording Show (rip, sigh) and co-host Jon Tidy got one. This will get me close to "there"?

I'd likely buy it even with any issues, knowing how Volt is taken care of by the dev.

• @skiphunt said:

@YannisHatzi said:

@skiphunt said:

@YannisHatzi said:

@skiphunt said:

@kobamoto said:

@YannisHatzi said:

Thank you! Buying now!

Not the same. Considerably more control of the looping stuff in RE-1. Humbletune’s Nils gets close, but nowhere near the options and control of RE-1

Thanks a lot! You covered me! Cheers!

• @skiphunt said:

@YannisHatzi said:

@skiphunt said:

@YannisHatzi said:

@skiphunt said:

@kobamoto said:

@YannisHatzi said:

Thank you! Buying now!

Can someone post a screenshot of the proper setup to use this solely as a looper? Can you use it as a looper without adding delay to your signal?

• @bcrichards said:

@skiphunt said:

@YannisHatzi said:

@skiphunt said:

@YannisHatzi said:

@skiphunt said:

@kobamoto said:

@YannisHatzi said:

Thank you! Buying now!

Can someone post a screenshot of the proper setup to use this solely as a looper? Can you use it as a looper without adding delay to your signal?

+1! (or video) :smile:

• edited August 2018

I just did a test using just one head and everything including the delay turned all the way down. Then a/b’d between source and recorded loop. Didn’t hear any delay. Sounded pretty much the same. If you don’t turn off the source you’ll be hear source AND recording that sounds like delay. But playing back individually, they sound the same as pure looper to me.

I used a percussion sound so that any possible delay would be easier to detect/hear.