Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cool Machine Learning Sampler Experiment

Picked up the link from Brian Eno's feed on twitter. Quite fun and entertaining:

The Infinite Drum Machine
May 2017 | By Manny Tan & Kyle McDonald
Thousands of everyday sounds, organized using machine learning.

https://experiments.withgoogle.com/drum-machine

Comments

• Cool now I can organise my sample library.

• How can you sample this?

• Very cool. This is basically what Algonaut’s Atlas aims to do, but I find that the AI in that one isn’t that accurate. Can’t wait to check this out.

• @gusgranite said:
    How can you sample this?

I haven't found a way on iOS. Would love to figure it out but for now I'm using my laptop.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@gusgranite said:
    How can you sample this?

I haven't found a way on iOS. Would love to figure it out but for now I'm using my laptop.

We need an AB3 browser!

• @gusgranite said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@gusgranite said:
    How can you sample this?

We need an AB3 browser!

I'm actually surprised that nobody has figured out how to pipe audio out of Chrome into AudioBus or as an AUV3.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    I'm actually surprised that nobody has figured out how to pipe audio out of Chrome into AudioBus or as an AUV3.

I think Apple polices Application behavior and would reject an App that allowed recording audio in such a simple manner. We're actually very lucky to have most of the capabilities we have thanks to some pioneers that think sound and images are just forms of data and not intellectual property in any form.