Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I got the 64-bit blues

I've still got my trusty old 32-bit iPad 4. It works great mostly for what I need it for, though it sure would be nice to get Patterning 2 eventually. Alas Patterning 2 is 64-bit only and not a universal app, so I can't use it on my iPhone. I'd like to get a shiny new one, but can't justify spending that much to get the latest versions of a few apps. Anyone else in the same situation as me?

Comments

• edited August 2018

I use an ipad4. Bought used as I wasn't sure iOS was for me. Well, I found out it is. I will upgrade at the very least to a 2018 9.3 128gb for the increase in RAM and the bigger storage (32 gb on my 4- just not nearly enough!) if the new Pro looks awesome I will get that for the 4gb RAM and 256 ROM. You could pick up a used PRO2 for a good price after the intro of the new model purportedly in Sept. I imagine.

I produced a symphony with the 4. Check out the thread on page three, First iOS Symphony Ever... I was able to do it, but there were technical problems I think would have been avoided with some more RAM. So a newer iPad will be of service to you, IMO, beyond running new apps. Good luck.

• Stay strong! Original MiniMoog doesn't even have MIDI. You can live, and live strong, without Patterning 2, etc.

When the next iPad comes out, maybe you'll be able to find and Air 1 or 2 for a price you can justify.

• Well, maybe @syrupcore is right if it is only about apps, but I am waiting to see if my latest mix will take. Difficult cpu usage all the way thru. Struggling with latency issues. If you don't have these issues for what you do then I guess my needs are different from yours. I need more RAM but maybe you don't.

• Don’t worry theere’s a new plug in thats in Beta that emulates that authentic vintage 32bit sound

• @RedSkyLullaby said:
    Don’t worry theere’s a new plug in thats in Beta that emulates that authentic vintage 32bit sound

Oh man! Is there a pre-order link?!