Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Keyz is free!

Not sure how long it's been free but it is at the moment :) Maybe someone can post the App Store link.

Comments

• Thanks from me too

• And me , great little freebie !

• Well now! downloaded and tried, and I have to say I am glad I didn't pass money over for it.

• Hmm. I've been playing for a while and it makes a tidy beat improv tool. Some of those drum kit style apps require superfinger dexterity but just like my old MIDI keyboard days, banging out a beat mapped to keys works a treat. Compared to some things I've paid good money for and only used once or twice, having this for nowt is rather a nice surprise.

• Yeh, fair enough comment sickmoth. Maybe I was expecting too much. Didn't mean to rubbish it completely but I guess it came across like that. I will give it another go.

• Oh, in comparison to similarly priced apps like, well, you know, it isn't really in the same league, but sure - I agree with you. As a freebie and in context of the value one perceives in relative terms, blah blah blah, yeah I've happily passed over it a hundred times but now it's free, I'm happy to host it on my lap! I was pleasantly surprised. It's another app that supports the argument for trial downloads.

• Just been pondering my comments and it has occurred to me how blasé I have become and in such a short time. Only a few years ago technology/software like this was rare AND expensive. It is probably too easy to knock apps that do not meet our personal, and often unreasonable, expectations. Probably an opening here for a separate discussion. Anyway I have finished beating myself up now.