Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Can a dev please make -

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Maybe if Grooverider could sample right in and had some funkier fx. I’d like the same thing, but if we’re going for that workflow, I don’t think you can skimp on the interface, needs to feel like all one page/panel

• edited August 2018
  • edited August 2018
  • As an OP-1 owner/operator, I’d say Cubasis has it covered.
    Honestly though, after embracing the AU and IAA ecosystem, Group The Loop with a few synth apps and a couple effects is my preferred setup. It’s an awesome companion to the OP-1 too, so you may want to try them together before ditching the hardware.

• edited August 2018
  • edited August 2018

Solved with midi controllers and program change...
    Fun part is that you also get physical knobs and you can choose exactly what synths you want.
    It just needs a proper midi implementation in those synths...

• @Dawdles
    I’m not sure what you mean by slow auditioning, there’s no real lag for me...using iPad Pro 12.9 though.
    If you have FX on a channel you can swap the synth easily. Cubasis has a decent built-in synth, and the sampler isn’t all that different from the OP-1 drum sampler in functionality.
    The media browser in Cubasis is pretty straightforward and allows for sound auditioning.
    Cubasis is much easier if your dealing with sequences, the OP-1 sequencers don’t have state saving so you really can’t store any patterns on it except for what you’re actively editing. You can even route the same pattern to control multiple synths at the same time in Cubasis, nothing like that on OP-1.

I guess i’m just not understanding where the waiting is a factor. I haven’t encountered a scenario with Cubasis where loading a synth or effect has taken more than a couple seconds (NeoSoulKeys is usually the slowest to load in my experience). I love the OP-1 but really the only feature I can’t satisfactorily replace with iOS is the tape tricks...FlyTape and the SpinFX in Cubasis are pretty close, but not perfect.

NanoStudio on the iPod Touch used to be my favorite portable rig before the OP-1 came along, before that it was the Korg MicroSampler and Nintendo DS, before that the Boss SP-505 and Casio SK5.
    Same stories, different actors filling the roles ;-)

• edited August 2018

@Dawdles Have you looked at Caustic? it has pretty much everything, including one of the best samplers ever, a Vocoder, a Modular Synth, Seperate sampling Drum Machine, an Organ, a Subtractive Synth, a TB 303 Style Synth, a Physical String Modelling synth, a PCM Synth (the sampler) a Super Saw Synth, an 8 bit Synth, loads of effects, it’s own Sequencer and just tons more stuff, whole thing is £9.99

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Good luck, dude. You want all that and AU too?

• One word...

Gadget!

• @Dawdles I can see what you’re saying about the difference in immediacy of synth and effect pairs, I guess it just doesn’t disrupt my workflow significantly. You can definitely save project files as templates in Cubasis, leaving your favorite synth and effect combinations in tact. AUM, ApeMatrix, and Audiobus3 can save project files as well, and each of those apps can be used as as IAA sources for Cubasis or Group The Loop.
    I see what you’re looking for though and could definitely appreciate an OP-1 emulation app. The closest prospect I see on the horizon is NanoStudio2. In the meantime I think there are several combinations of apps that can provide a similarly enjoyable and intuitive, if not exactly as immediate, musical creation experience.

• @Dawdles I’ve always thought Retronyms Tabletop fits the bill your after shame the team never put more time and effort into updating it. Shame it never got AU support and stability fixes as the layout is top dog.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @Dawdles I’ve always thought Retronyms Tabletop fits the bill your after shame the team never put more time and effort into updating it. Shame it never got AU support and stability fixes as the layout is top dog.

So true :pensive:

• I would love an AUv3 Shimmer Reverb Like Crystalline

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    I would love an AUv3 Shimmer Reverb Like Crystalline

THIS!!!!!! (Discord4 isn't doing the trick)

Drop [email protected] a mail. They just released luminance on MacOS. I contacted them to request an iOS Port. They have some good stuff in their lineup!

• A drum synth based on physical modeling that can do acoustic drums too and is deeply tweakable. Something like Reason's "Kong", just with enhanced drum models.
    Also, AAS Chromaphone for iOS.
    And I agree with the OP-1, maybe even an iPhone app that can be controlled with a cheap bluetooth QWERTY keyboard so you can make the set as compact as you prefer.