Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

This is what electronic music is all about…

Spending a good 20 minutes tweaking a control, convinced you’re too high or too low for ages, until you finally get it sounding absolutely perfect.

Then you realise you’ve been moving a knob that isn’t attached to anything whatsoever to do with what you’ve been hearing.

Comments

• can't relate... cough

• I've done exactly the same thing with a guitar tuner, only to realize that I've been adjusting the wrong string and actually putting the instrument more out of tune.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    I've done exactly the same thing with a guitar tuner, only to realize that I've been adjusting the wrong string and actually putting the instrument more out of tune.

THIS

• @u0421793 said:
    Spending a good 20 minutes tweaking a control, convinced you’re too high or too low for ages, until you finally get it sounding absolutely perfect.

Then you realise you’ve been moving a knob that isn’t attached to anything whatsoever to do with what you’ve been hearing.

😂😂

• edited August 2018

delete

• For real. I've done this, maybe not 20 minutes but yeah. If you've never done this you might not be having enough fun.

• edited August 2018

@JeffChasteen said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    I've done exactly the same thing with a guitar tuner, only to realize that I've been adjusting the wrong string and actually putting the instrument more out of tune.

THIS

broke my high e-string :D
    but I plead guilty on the original case, too

• @JeffChasteen said:

THIS

Yup, THIS! Glad to know it’s not just me.

• Or sitar strings and then you snap one. Not the quickest replacement.

• @Crawlingwind said:
    Or sitar strings and then you snap one. Not the quickest replacement.

Indian instruments are the worst for that. My dilruba is a nightmare to consistently pluck the same drone string and find the right tuning gear. There are a couple of strings in the middle that I've never actually tuned at all because they are so difficult to reach.

• @u0421793 said:

20 minutes? That all? Try two months on and off, trying to remember which slider did what. :lol:

• @u0421793 said:

definitely too high.. B)

• Apparently I have been doing it all wrong. Now my tracks should sound good, finally.
    Thanks for the expert tip. B)

• Brilliant!

• edited August 2018

It’s when you have drum samples in the hundreds or thousands and you’re still downloading and sampling new ones :(

• Me? Never! 😅🎛🎚🤔🤯

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:
    if this hasn't happened to you you must be a nooby :D

Or you’re a noob like me and every knob does something but not what you thought it did.

• edited August 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited August 2018

@LucidMusicInc said:
    It’s when you have drum samples in the hundreds or thousands and you’re still downloading and sampling new ones :(

Or in my case - being picky. For me, the samples I like for modern electronic dance music production in Gadget are all contained in Gadget's Recife gadget. In Auxy, I use Sounds of KSHMR Vol 1 and 2, and also Black Octopus Leviathan 1 and 2 and Ultimate Bangers (Lev 2 already provided in the Auxy subsc....er ahem, the "payment method which must not be named" :smirk: ).

For other genres of electronic music and even outside of electronic, I love https://samples.kb6.de/downloads.php for every drum machine imaginable. (No shitting - donating €10 gets you all the free machine packs in a lump download plus ones you can't get free. I've donated a couple times before. Now that he has over 5gb worth (which is 1.5gb more than when I last donated), yeah I'll be sending another €10 over to him. :lol: Worth it! Works great in BM3.)

• edited August 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited August 2018

@Max23 said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said: For other genres of electronic music and even outside of electronic, I love https://samples.kb6.de/downloads.php for every drum machine imaginable. (No shitting - donating €10 gets you all the free machine packs in a lump download plus ones you can't get free. I've donated a couple times before. Now that he has over 5gb worth (which is 1.5gb more than when I last donated), yeah I'll be sending another €10 over to him. :lol: Worth it! Works great in BM3.)

I like them too, but those samples need a lot of editing
    not cut right, noisy, weak sounding ...

Which is why I love those samples. Already polished samples like from the KSHMR and Black Octopus packs are great for easily dropping in, hence why they're perfect for "EDM" stuff. When I go experimental however, I don't want polished stuff. Unprocessed samples to me are lumps of clay. I want to mold the sounds to how I see fit, whether through heavy processing, layer stacking, etc.

As I said, works great in BM3, which lends itself perfectly to stacking up your layers, great internal fx plugins, quick editing, AU compatibility, etc. ;) (BM3 only until Nanostudio 2 with its Obsidian synth is released, which Blip said should be this year at long last, lol.)

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

Or in my case - being picky. For me, the samples I like for modern electronic dance music production in Gadget are all contained in Gadget's Recife gadget. In Auxy, I use Sounds of KSHMR Vol 1 and 2, and also Black Octopus Leviathan 1 and 2 and Ultimate Bangers (Lev 2 already provided in the Auxy subsc....er ahem, the "payment method which must not be named" :smirk: ).

For other genres of electronic music and even outside of electronic, I love https://samples.kb6.de/downloads.php for every drum machine imaginable. (No shitting - donating €10 gets you all the free machine packs in a lump download plus ones you can't get free. I've donated a couple times before. Now that he has over 5gb worth (which is 1.5gb more than when I last donated), yeah I'll be sending another €10 over to him. :lol: Worth it! Works great in BM3.)

More samples... :o

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@Crawlingwind said:

Indian instruments are the worst for that. My dilruba is a nightmare to consistently pluck the same drone string and find the right tuning gear. There are a couple of strings in the middle that I've never actually tuned at all because they are so difficult to reach.

A friend of mine picked up an instructional video for sitar when he bought his sitar. He was telling me about the tuning tutorial at the beginning - dude is tightening the string slowly when all the sudden it breaks. Off camera you can hear a very Indian sounding "Holy cow!" at which point my buddy had to stop the tape he was laughing so hard.

Guess it's just part of the learning curve....

• @Daveypoo said:

@Crawlingwind said:

A friend of mine picked up an instructional video for sitar when he bought his sitar. He was telling me about the tuning tutorial at the beginning - dude is tightening the string slowly when all the sudden it breaks. Off camera you can hear a very Indian sounding "Holy cow!" at which point my buddy had to stop the tape he was laughing so hard.

Guess it's just part of the learning curve....

Even funnier given that their cows actually are holy.