Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Notion and improvement suggestions

edited August 2018 in Feature Wishlists

I just sent this feedback to PreSonus on their Notion app:

“Hi,

I wanted to suggest a feature that would be very handy for me at least (but I also believe it would also be very welcome to many others):

Would it be possible to make transposing much faster by incorporating into the tool bar, or at least the popup menu once a selection has been made, arrows for instant transposing? I do a lot of experimenting by copying and pasting the same notes across all the instruments of the orchestra, and transposing to get the notes into the ranges of the instruments takes a lot of time without such a feature, since currently it takes many steps. It would be truly wonderful and super useful if it were possible to quickly transpose e.g. in half steps and perfect octaves via controls that would always be visible.

Another comment I wanted to make is that I seem to be unable to get the screen not to scroll away in an unwanted fashion when I start playback from a zoomed-in view (for example on a full orchestral score). It always jumps away and I need to scroll back, and this takes a lot of time and causes distraction. No combination of the settings options seems to make this behavior go away, unless I missed something.

Thank you very much for your time and this great app!

Best regards,
Simo Sakari Aaltonen”

I’m really enjoying coming up with new phrases and orchestral colors using this method, but I hope they may consider adding a quicker way to transpose. I would guess I’m not alone in wishing for this? I feel it would really make a huge difference.

Edit: I think I may have posted this in the wrong category.