Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How to connect iPad and PC?

So far the best solution I found for interfacing a PC with an iPad is in hardware as in iconnect Midi 4. Supposedly Studiomux can do this but I’ve read that the results are less than optimal.. Any thoughts or ideas?

Comments

• @Telstar5 said:
    So far the best solution I found for interfacing a PC with an iPad is in hardware as in iconnect Midi 4. Supposedly Studiomux can do this but I’ve read that the results are less than optimal.. Any thoughts or ideas?

When Studiomux works it is magic. It did not work well on my Air1 but when I tried it again on the 2017 iPad it was fantastic. Getting the initial connection though could be flakey, even if it seems like everything is set up the exact same way as before which can be super frustrating on short commutes, which is pretty much the vast majority of time I have for music, so I rarely use it. Sure, could be an issue on my latptop end. If I were hunkered down for hours without a couple audio interfaces I could see using it but since I have the hardware I don’t bother with the setup frustrations.

• @AudioGus : Ahh thanks.. music to my ears.. In terms of video tutorials, there isn’t much...But there are several on both audiomux and midimux...Do you suggest learning these as a path to understanding Studiomux?

• Studiomux works well but like already mentioned can be frustrating to start up. There is one guy on the forum who is really helpful when you get stuck. The developers can be difficult to get hold of.

My tip is always make sure that itunes on windows recognises your ipad before you start setting up studiomux.

Here is their youtube brief instructions for set up -

• @[Deleted User] : Thanks.. Do you think a prior knowledge of midimux and/or audiomux would help as there are more tutorials on these?

• @Telstar5 said:
    @[Deleted User] : Thanks.. Do you think a prior knowledge of midimux and/or audiomux would help as there are more tutorials on these?

yep, pretty much the same app, I believe they just combined midi/audiomux together to form studiomux. I could be wrong but that is my impression.

• Check out midimttr: works great
    http://www.s-r-n.de/midile/

• @echopera.. no windows version yet but he’s working on it. Does it really run better than Studiomux?

• edited August 2018

@Telstar5 said:
    @echopera.. no windows version yet but he’s working on it. Does it really run better than Studiomux?

Hrmmm it shows a windows version on his site:

It works differently and worth a try to see if it suits your workflow needs.