Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Live Animoog improv over some Gadget beats

I got creative with a custom Animoog patch (assigning the accelerometer to the filter) over some Gadget beats... Recorded in one take on my iPhone 6S Plus...

https://choon.co/tracks/0haylci95ef/function55

Let me know what you think.

Anyone else using the accelerometer for added expressiveness in Animoog? I find it works so well!

Comments

• Nice one! I've never messed with the accelerometer function inside Animoog, but definitely a lot of fun. I set it up to have a few parameters controlled by TC-Orbiter. heaps of fun to play Animoog that way.

• @Hmtx said:
    Nice one! I've never messed with the accelerometer function inside Animoog, but definitely a lot of fun. I set it up to have a few parameters controlled by TC-Orbiter. heaps of fun to play Animoog that way.

Thanks very much.

Yes, TC Orbiter is something i've been meaning to try for that. Would allow me to use the accelerometer with an MPE synth like Volt for even more expressiveness!

• right, and you can assign so many different parameters in TC-orbiter, it can get outta control quick... in a good way.

• @Hmtx said:
    right, and you can assign so many different parameters in TC-orbiter, it can get outta control quick... in a good way.

Cool. I’ll give it a go

• I’m liking the song alot. Caught myself with my hand pounding my chest to the beat while listening!!
    Any FX used or just straight Animoog and gadget? ( which gadget )?

• edited August 2018

@J_B1GS said:
    I’m liking the song alot. Caught myself with my hand pounding my chest to the beat while listening!!
    Any FX used or just straight Animoog and gadget? ( which gadget )?

Thanks very much. Glad you liked it. Careful of your chest.

So here’s the full Gadget recipe:

Two instances of Recife. One just has the repeating kick and snare on it. The other I used Future Drummer to record in 16 bars of varying midi beats/percussion with fills every 4 bars etc. I think this works rather well and is responsible for all the variety in other drum hits and percussion etc. Gotta love Future Drummer!

Then there’s a single Dublin bass note that gets repeated for half a bar every bar (while the bass is up).

Then I’ve got a Sunrizer bass sample and a Z3ta sample that has the looping distorted pad phrase you hear - both in their own instances of Vancouver. They are both used looped over 8 bars. And finally there’s the riser thing that is Brussels (it’s good for that) happens at the end of every 4 bars.

I didn’t arrange the whole track traditionally in Gadget. I just had one 16 bar loop repeating in Gadget with all this stuff on it, and used the Gadget clip mute function to bring parts in and out... while I wasn’t in Animoog getting down with my live improv over the top.

It sounds a lot to manage just on one iPhone plus screen, but actually it’s fairly easy just to use the home button to switch between...

Hope that’s helpful! Probably way more info than you needed!

• Oh, and sorry - no external FX or processing.

I’ve just used Gadget insert FX for compression and the decimator on the Recife percussion. And a some delay on the Z3ta distorted pad. And the standard global Gagdet reverb a little bit. On both these too.

Nothing else.

• Thanx for the info and no its not tmi. I learn from attempting to reverse engineer a project so that is why I asked what you used.
    Like the other tracks you have up on choon as well ! Keep making music

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @J_B1GS said:
    Thanx for the info and no its not tmi. I learn from attempting to reverse engineer a project so that is why I asked what you used.
    Like the other tracks you have up on choon as well ! Keep making music

Cool. Well good luck! And do share the results.

• @mAxjUlien said:
    That’s lit.

Is that good? :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mAxjUlien said:
    Yeah I dug it. Hip hop head so I’d chop it up and add vocals but it’s dope. Impressive it was done completely on phone with just Gadgets and internal effects.

Curious as to if you used midi controllers or just the phone. I use iPad Pro but rarely use controllers now.

Ah, thanks.

I have some midi controllers gathering dust, but I never use them. I do almost everything ‘on the go’ or ‘on the sofa’ on my phone these days.

• Hi Matt, I enjoyed listening on Choon to several of your pieces. I like the consistency and focus you give to them. Would like to hear a strictly ambient piece from you. Keep on with it!

• @LinearLineman said:
    Hi Matt, I enjoyed listening on Choon to several of your pieces. I like the consistency and focus you give to them. Would like to hear a strictly ambient piece from you. Keep on with it!

Wow, thanks. Glad you enjoyed.

I’ll post up a slower tempo ambient track tonight then.