Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Flux:FX Alternative

I've been using Flux:FX for a long time for looping but the future doesn't look great for it.

Are there any apps that can do what it does? (standard loop, stutter, granular, reverse etc.)

It was/is so brilliant as a looper. I've got Looperverse, Quantiloop, Loopy hd etc. but that's not the kind of thing I want.

Comments

• Same question. Flux:FX is brilliant, original and so creative but never got evolution and support as it deserves. I use it a lot as a guitar effect and tried other fx apps such as DFX without finding a successor.

• edited August 2018

Maybe ElasticFX? Although I know it’s not the same.

Replicant might also be worth looking at for stuttering stuff.

Or Turnado?

• I tackled the subject many times before:
    Elastic FX is not performant enough for loop, stutter, beat repeat...

Turnado is what you need!

• I'll give Turnado a go. It doesn't look quite as good as Flux but maybe it functions better.

• @BroCoast said:
    I'll give Turnado a go. It doesn't look quite as good as Flux but maybe it functions better.

Just wait until you see the editing capabilities- they are deep. Turnado gets much more use from me than Flux ever did.

• @BroCoast said:
    I'll give Turnado a go. It doesn't look quite as good as Flux but maybe it functions better.

I second this.

• edited August 2018

Flux is much more ‘playable’ and immediate. I think Turnado is probably a logical choice though.

• Thank you! I'll wait for a Turnado's sale (it's a bit expensive isn't it?)

• @OscarSouth said:
    Flux is much more ‘playable’ and immediate. I think Turnado is probably a logical choice though.

I agree. But when you are using the Dictator in Turnado, it's about the closest you can get to modulating a wide variety of effects over time (like Flux sequences)

It REALLY bums me out they have not updated this app. It is by far one of my favorite ipad apps.

• Turnado is cool and I'm glad I bought it. But...

It does not come close to how I use Flux. I made some screen recordings this morning to show "my tricks."

• @BroCoast said:
    Turnado is cool and I'm glad I bought it. But...

It does not come close to how I use Flux. I made some screen recordings this morning to show "my tricks."

Have to agree — Flux was special.