Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

CONGRATS: MARK WATT "Spacecraft Synth" Developer

1235»

Comments

• @lukesleepwalker thanks for this. I'm really glad you are enjoying the MPE. I presume you are using the linnstrument.
    @Matt_Fletcher_2000 not sure yet. It's working really well with hardware but still need to figure out integration with MPE apps with it before I release, otherwise I'll have loads of complaints and one star reviews.

Anybody who wants to try it is more than welcome to join the beta :) just send Apple id

• edited September 2018

@deltaVaudio said:
    @lukesleepwalker thanks for this. I'm really glad you are enjoying the MPE. I presume you are using the linnstrument.

Yes, using the "baby" Linnstrument. Very expressive controller... I'll post on the LS forum once this release goes out.

• @deltaVaudio mpe seems to be working in the Sensel morph. I’m not quite sure what I’m controlling. pitch i know, but what is cc#74( y axis) and after touch controlling. Also, what are these controls i. bottom left on mpe mode ?

• @eross channel pressure controls volume of each note. Left and right sliding usually would be pitch but in sc is set to controls grain position (like the lfo) for each note. Sliding up and down is not currently assigned . Aftertouch not assigned.

The sliders are global attack and decay envelope. These sliders will soon be replaced with a larger easier to use xy pad.

• @deltaVaudio said:
    @eross channel pressure controls volume of each note. Left and right sliding usually would be pitch but in sc is set to controls grain position (like the lfo) for each note. Sliding up and down is not currently assigned . Aftertouch not assigned.

The sliders are global attack and decay envelope. These sliders will soon be replaced with a larger easier to use xy pad.

aghhh ok.that makes sense. I thought i was missing something. in that case it is working perfectly with the morph. thanks. let me know if you need anything else tested i’m happy to help

• @deltaVaudio said:

These sliders will soon be replaced with a larger easier to use xy pad.

Excellent. Wish more music apps were designed with xy pads as the primary controllers. I mean we’re on a flat surface already

• edited September 2018

@deltaVaudio said:
    @eross channel pressure controls volume of each note. Left and right sliding usually would be pitch but in sc is set to controls grain position (like the lfo) for each note. Sliding up and down is not currently assigned . Aftertouch not assigned.

How are you distinguishing ‘channel pressure’ from ‘aftertouch’ in the above? On the Roli hardware it’s the same thing, surely? Ie how hard you push on the note after it’s initial strike?

Also, maybe you might consider assigning ‘slide’ (sliding up and down) to filter cutoff? That’s what it’s often assigned to.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@deltaVaudio said:

How are you distinguishing ‘channel pressure’ from ‘aftertouch’ in the above? On the Roli hardware it’s the same thing, surely? Ie how hard you push on the note after it’s initial strike?

Also, maybe you might consider assigning ‘slide’ (sliding up and down) to filter cutoff? That’s what it’s often assigned to.

it’s the same on the Sensel morph as well( in default) however i can assign it to anything. On the Morph you can assign parameters of individual keys as well. I might try assigning different parameters as well and see how it goes. it’s been fun so far.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 I'm no expert but there's poly aftertouch which is a distinct midi singal from channel pressure. Both are quite similar in function tho. I think poly aftertouch can all be on a single channel. Channel pressure is sometimes referred to as channel aftertouch. My seaboard outputs channel pressure so I used that instead of poly aftertouch in spacecraft. In case there are other instruments that use poly aftertouch instead of channel pressure I will add an option in sc to choose between the two. Actually once presets update drops (currently working on it) I will be free to add many more options to SC. That will be in a separate 'advanced settings ' panel in order to avoid cluttering the existing GUI. I will dedicate that panel to audiobus forum haha

• Channel pressure is global and not note specific, poly aftertouch is specific to the note being pressed and should be independant of any other notes. With MPE’s round robin midi channel allocation per note, channel pressure becomes note specific provided the receiving synth treats it as such.

• @TheOriginalPaulB exactly, I retain the channel pressure of a given note pressed for it's duration linked to that incoming channel. This in turn undergoes a concurrent round robin over the grain sequence (which is super confusing).

I think an advantage of poly aftertouch in more basic midi controllers is that only one channel is needed. However the other dimensions of MPE use the channel round robin mechanism so it makes sense that channel pressure is managed in the same way to give a common mechanism across the 5D of MPE.

• edited September 2018

Quite a few people out there using the xkey controllers that would love to see polyphonic aftertouch on the menu!!

• @deltaVaudio said:
    @TheOriginalPaulB exactly, I retain the channel pressure of a given note pressed for it's duration linked to that incoming channel. This in turn undergoes a concurrent round robin over the grain sequence (which is super confusing).

I think an advantage of poly aftertouch in more basic midi controllers is that only one channel is needed. However the other dimensions of MPE use the channel round robin mechanism so it makes sense that channel pressure is managed in the same way to give a common mechanism across the 5D of MPE.

Thanks both. That all makes perfect sense. I wasn’t initially sure that ‘Aftertouch’ = ‘Poly Aftertouch’ (sometimes also referred to as ‘Poly Key Pressure’ I believe). But makes sense now.

I was having a similar discussion with the dev of the Audio Evolution Mobile DAW @dwrae on this issue. You guys might want to converse because I think AEM is on the cusp of being iOS’s first fully MPE compliant DAW on iOS. Would be very cool to be able to record and edit the MPE midi controlling SC in AEM I think (at least that’s what I’m personally planning on doing!)

• @BlueGreenSpiral good point. I could include the option for poly aftertouch under the 'MIDI-ON' option. Also there may be some MPE controllers that use poly aftertouch somehow. I saw on the roli forum some option to choose between channel pressure and poly aftertouch although I couldn't find that option for my seaboard block.

Still getting my head round all this stuff TBH . Good fun hehe

• @deltaVaudio I should confess I have an xkey here but I'm not the only one. The new beta stuff is great, haven't tried the live sampling mode. Will give that a spin later.

• Hey @deltaVaudio hope all is well in SpaceCraft land, and looking forward to your next update. I hope state saving coming along ok. Been enjoying using SpaceCraft as a AU inside the new full screen Cubasis.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Haha, yes state saving has been working for a while now. Also have preset files loading / saving working. Taking a while to get the details smoothed out as it is closely coupled with all the other features in this (massive) update. Currently audio files are not automatically saved/ loaded with the state/preset. I think I'll do that as a follow up update (if feasible) to avoid holding up the update too much. The file names are saved in the preset however and displayed on screen or now.

• Still enjoying this one, used it on a track last night.

• Bought this last night following all the praise. Looking forward to playing around with it!

• @deltaVaudio said:
    Haha, yes state saving has been working for a while now. Also have preset files loading / saving working. Taking a while to get the details smoothed out as it is closely coupled with all the other features in this (massive) update. Currently audio files are not automatically saved/ loaded with the state/preset. I think I'll do that as a follow up update (if feasible) to avoid holding up the update too much. The file names are saved in the preset however and displayed on screen or not.

Sweet news to my ears looking forward to your next drop.