Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM / ApeMatrix simple suggestions (Like a .1 or whatever :)

If you squished together the current functionality of both hosts into a single app, it would be nearly perfect for what I'm trying to do, which is make a really nice live playing setup... I'm getting there, but thought I'd ask for a couple relatively simple thing for the next updates if possible...

First off, I'm running a soundcard (with multi outs and stereo input) that has 3 powered usb slots, and naturally I'm using 3 midi controllers. I don't need to look at the mixer much at all, except for one key detail - launching AU control screens, and IAA slideovers...

In ApeM this isn't a big deal, because you can see enough channels (10) on a single screen to not have to scroll, and I actually like the hidden mixer panel, as they are all midi linked anyhow.

But it would be great if I could map midi buttons in both programs to launch the various AU windows / app slideovers. Bonus points if it toggles a closing command as well. This can't be that hard to toss in there, right?

In AUM, it really is a bummer to have to scroll WAY over to get to channels 5-??? and sometimes you mess up and hit a fader or a mute or something. This really needs to be fixed. I'd say, for starters just have a setting where you can make the faders etc super skinny, so you can see a decent amount of them on the screen. Maybe just a scale function, where as you add more channels, the faders get skinnier, up to 16 or something so they all fit on a single screen. It would be also nice to be able to midi map several of the often used stuff like midi routing and keyboard too...

ApeM should have the 3 mixers and midi matrix selectable by midi, and hopefully I can eventually use all the outs on my soundcard, and even the headphone port for an additional stereo pair. I don't know how large an ask that last one is though.

*Edit - I'm preferring the ApeM workflow, with the LFO's and condensed app matrix's, but it is crashing much more often than AUM... often when I have Patterning2 in there, maybe it isn't Apes fault... But I'm not seeing it happen in AUM much at all...

Cheers!