Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

(OT) Any maschine/komplete users?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• You will get the NI haters here soon....
    I have Maschine III, and have been using the platform since Mk I days, I also know a few Push players that have moved over.
    The pads are really great.
    The ease of working with my own samples, and access to my Kontakt libraries, and being on Reaper too makes it all seamless.
    (Although I have rarely ever sequenced within the Maschine software - I like to do all that on DAW- Reaper)

It works :) - and with IOS hanging off the front end (midi and IDAM) it is an endless pallet.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited August 2018

My friend had maschine mki for years and i got to know it decently, even borrowed it for a while once. I think maschine is great platform, but i personally prefer ableton and push, because ableton is more complete daw and i really dig the scale mod on push. Ableton can also worknas a nice extension to maschine, especially if you want to record vocals or real instruments to beats made on maschine. Its really easy to get your maschine loops as audio to ableton or other daws. Maschine also works as a vst/au, which is great if you want to incorporste maschine as a drum machine/sample player inside ableton or other daw.

I also tested mapping the maschine to bm3 and i think it makes a very nice controller for it(midi mode on NI hardware is really nice), actually preferred that over maschine. However that naturally requires routing midi through computer, which i dont like

• edited August 2018

Get it before they sell it for a monthly subscription... it’s on its way :'(

• edited August 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Dawdles said:
    Toying with grabbing this bundle -
    https://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/product/native_instruments_maschine_mk3_and_komplete_11_ultimate_bundle/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-cv3jYfs3AIVzuJ3Ch1IXAN3EAQYBSABEgJ4MvD_BwE

Seems like a good deal considering how much content there is + hardware/interface.

I’m normally a push2/ableton guy but also use Reaper and would be cool to have a fully integrated hardware/software hands on workflow in there too for sequencing beats/vst fx and instruments (tho would be using keys instead of maschine pads to play all non samples/drum instruments). The sheer hugeness/intergration of the Komplete Ultimate software bundle is really attractive. A lot of bases covered and fully intergrated in Maschine..I have some of the software and Kontakt instruments already but it’s still really appealing... any ex Push2 users on here jumped ship for maschine or using both?

I’m asking here as I also heard a lot of comparisons between BM3’s workflow concepts and Maschine. But I’ve never touched a Maschine unit before so I’m wondering how close they are and pros/cons. Maybe surface pro + maschine might be good portable combo comparable to iPad + controller + interface? Is maschine usb powered?

Thanks

I’d get it, it’s a good deal.

I’ve got Komplete, and a Maschine Mikro controller, and thinking of upgrading to a mk3 controller (2nd hand).

Maschine is a great DAW (not sure if that’s included in the package), but doesn’t do audio tracks across the timeline, so I run Maschine and the Komplete VST’s in Reason.

Haven’t heard subscription rumours - NI have been brilliant for me - my Mikro is 8 years old, but still supported by the software.

Good company, great software and decent hardware.

• This combo is good value. Machine software is excellent konplete ultimate has so many synths and sound you’ll probably never use them all in your lifetime. They are of the highest quality. Bm3 ‘borrowed’ heavily from maschine. Because I like portability, I transferred my samples from komplete battery etc to bm3. Bm3 excels as it has audio tracks. Maschine does not. But you can use it as a plug-in within a daw. Though for some that can be a bit clunky for certain reasons.
    On the whole it is an incredible piece of software. Once you learn all the shortcuts the work flow is SO fast.
    Personally though bm3 inspires me so much more, and I’m still unsure why.

• @Dawdles said:
    To be fair Native Instruments (alongside ableton) are among the only handful of companies I’d ever consider subscription. They have huge resources and constantly adding significant instruments/fx etc.. I’m anti subscription but could deal with just one or two (NI + Ableton) of the top players if push came to shove...

But feels a little murkier for NI seeing as they’re partly selling this stuff based on integration between hardware and software. Like if you stop subscription then the hardware you bought from them becomes way less useful. Not as straight forward as purely software subscriptions. Maybe that’ll make them avoid the subscription thing? Or it’ll be rent to own, then no updates if you bail, which I’m fine with..

‘If’ they do the subscription thing, you can decide not to update to it, and you’ll still be free to use your version of Komplete as long as you like.

With the amount of synths, samples, fx, etc. you get it’s unlikely you’d need anything else for years to come. I’ve still yet to download some of the package I bought, as I’m still working through it a couple of years later.

Also worth noting you Get Reaktor - which is a powerful modular platform. As well as the included instruments and FX, there are thousands of free ensembles ready to download from the community section - and some of these are very good indeed.

• Maschine is great, especially the new controller which really made things a lot easier to navigate than the previous studio version I was using. I use mine all the time for coming up with song ideas and performing live sets.

Here’s a quick review I did if you want more info:

I wouldn’t hold my breath on a new one coming out that soon, the mk3 isn’t that old and NI have been pretty slow the last few years doing updates.

• edited August 2018

I'm curios, is anybody here who use the Maschine MK III or the Push 2 for controlling the iPad?

• @chandroji said:
    I'm curios, is anybody here who use the Maschine MK III or the Push 2 for controlling the iPad?

I was using both to mess with the new Nave update the other day. Really no different from any other midi controller except you need to be tethered to the computer still to make it work.

• I've got the mk1 maschine and komplete 11u, year and a half later I'm still going through the software, it's a pretty mind blowing selection, integration between the hardware and software just keeps improving. With that said I'd wait, komplete 12 looks like it's about to land, out of the maschines, studio will probably be upgraded next, if they don't drop it.

I'd buy maschine mk3 in a sale or second hand after komplete 12 lands, n.i might do a deal on bundles when it drops. If you get maschine on it's own, it comes with komplete select, n.i usually have a 50% off sale in june to early july, good time to upgrade to a bigger bundle. There's a list on the various forums of what might be in komplete 12, looks like it will get bundled with quite a few maschine expansions, here's the list on n.i forums.

https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/free-expansions-coming-in-komplete-12.328679/

• Wish NI would update iMaschine 2... The new audio plugin should be implemented and midi input... Can only imagine working on project on iMaschine with a a simple export/transfer to desktop..

Wish this is the ‘game-changer’ Doug is hinting at...

• @Tarekith said:
    Maschine is great, especially the new controller which really made things a lot easier to navigate than the previous studio version I was using. I use mine all the time for coming up with song ideas and performing live sets.

Here’s a quick review I did if you want more info:

I wouldn’t hold my breath on a new one coming out that soon, the mk3 isn’t that old and NI have been pretty slow the last few years doing updates.

Ah cool, I watched that vid a couple of nights ago when chewing over a mk3 upgrade.

• I use Maschine as well as Komplete Ultimate (ver 10 I never updated). I basically use Maschine as a plug-in inside Live 10 and control/sequence it with an Ableton drum rack, and have all the sounds from Maschine going into individual audio tracks inside Ableton (grouped together) for mixing and effecting each sound. I also use a NI Kontorl S25 as my keyboard and it allows me to use the Komplete Kontrol software and browsing capabilities inside Ableton seamlessly. NI makes great sounds and VST’s...you won’t be disappointed!

• @Dawdles said:
    Toying with grabbing this bundle -
    https://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/product/native_instruments_maschine_mk3_and_komplete_11_ultimate_bundle/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-cv3jYfs3AIVzuJ3Ch1IXAN3EAQYBSABEgJ4MvD_BwE

Seems like a good deal considering how much content there is + hardware/interface.

I’m normally a push2/ableton guy but also use Reaper and would be cool to have a fully integrated hardware/software hands on workflow in there too for sequencing beats/vst fx and instruments (tho would be using keys instead of maschine pads to play all non samples/drum instruments). The sheer hugeness/intergration of the Komplete Ultimate software bundle is really attractive. A lot of bases covered and fully intergrated in Maschine..I have some of the software and Kontakt instruments already but it’s still really appealing... any ex Push2 users on here jumped ship for maschine or using both?

I’m asking here as I also heard a lot of comparisons between BM3’s workflow concepts and Maschine. But I’ve never touched a Maschine unit before so I’m wondering how close they are and pros/cons. Maybe surface pro + maschine might be good portable combo comparable to iPad + controller + interface? Is maschine usb powered?

Thanks

I’ve got a loan of a Maschine mk3 here today, and I have to say it’s an amazing thing - and with a copy of Komplete Ultimate you’re going to be in synth heaven.

Probably going to make an offer on this one, very powerful tool.

• I've been rockin my new MK3 for a week and a half now, absolutely loving it. I also have Push 2 / Ableton Suite but actually prefer Maschine, the pad size is a more comfortable fit to me for finger drumming, plus the environment is more intuitive and fluid, loving the much tighter integration with the majority of my plugins.

I think the Push still has a slight edge on melody input, but I was surprised at how much I could get done just with MK3 alone. It's certainly helped me get away from relying on mouse+kb , finding that I'm treating it more like it's a standalone hw, where I could never really get comfortable solely relying on Push 2 like that.

I've also owned a Komplete Kontrol s61 and Komplete 11 ultimate for going on a year now and Maschine breathed new life into it for me. It's definitely a winner.

• consider me a hater, as someone who thinks applying the word seamless to a production unit that needs to be augmented by so many other daws to complete music. I can understand the iPad being primarily a sketchpad, but when you have a maschine mk3+ a maschine jam, and a maschine studio and you still call it a sketchpad cause you'd still rather use Ableton, logic, or reaper, or cubase, or studio one to arrange your song then I do not think the word seamless applies.

• now subjectively speaking the only thing that makes sense is going with what does it for you creatively, if that Is the maschine then that really is all that matters.

• edited August 2018

@kobamoto said:
    consider me a hater, as someone who thinks applying the word seamless to a production unit that needs to be augmented by so many other daws to complete music. I can understand the iPad being primarily a sketchpad, but when you have a maschine mk3+ a maschine jam, and a maschine studio and you still call it a sketchpad cause you'd still rather use Ableton, logic, or reaper, or cubase, or studio one to arrange your song then I do not think the word seamless applies.

I’ve only worked out the basics - will learn more this week - but for me the mk3 is proving to be a welcome bit of hardware, in an increasingly software dominated studio here.

I’ve had Maschine Mikro for about 8 years and while a great bit of kit and DAW, the lack of audio tracks meant I needed something else to finish the job, and as a very basic controller it got left on the shelf when the iPad turned up.

Then I bought Komplete, and Reason, and these coupled with the iPad gave me a proper music making environment. Problem is though Reason is great as a VST host and audio recorder, but for me I find rhythmic stuff is better in Maschine.

So...if I buy the mk3, my workflow will be to use the iPad, mk3 controller and Maschine for rhythmic and soundscapey backing tracks and loops, and then arrange these along with audio tracks (guitar, vocals etc.) in Reason. Like the iPad, the mk3 gives me a hands-on, more spontaneous approach to making music, which can then be refined via mouse in Reason.

I guess for me it ticks another box, a nice hardware controller for making rhythmic tracks in Maschine, and potential live performance tool.

• ^^ that was the best route for me too Monzo, but the potential for maschine to be a complete solution is/was so high it just grated on my nerves .... I do hope the mk3 works out for you though.

• @kobamoto said:
    ^^ that was the best route for me too Monzo, but the potential for maschine to be a complete solution is/was so high it just grated on my nerves .... I do hope the mk3 works out for you though.

Just to update this: I got the Mk3 a couple of months back, and absolutely love it. Still learning, but aside from full audio tracks, you can pretty much do everything from this thing, from sampling, to arranging and mixing.

Favourite things:

Love the built in audio interface, which means I can just plug a mic or guitar in the back and play or sample straight away. Plus I use it instead of my laptop audio for zero latency. I use the stereo ins to capture the iPad.

Sample editing is fast and accurate, and the manual mode for chopping and assigning slices to pads very quick.

Pattern editing - I find it quicker, and more accurate via the controller than using the laptop, which was a surprise.

Instrument browser - excellent visual browser for checking through presets, with my VST’s also supported.

Ten out of ten for this thing, never thought I’d like it as much as I do, but it’s now at the heart of my music making workflow.

• @MonzoPro said:

@kobamoto said:
    ^^ that was the best route for me too Monzo, but the potential for maschine to be a complete solution is/was so high it just grated on my nerves .... I do hope the mk3 works out for you though.

Just to update this: I got the Mk3 a couple of months back, and absolutely love it. Still learning, but aside from full audio tracks, you can pretty much do everything from this thing, from sampling, to arranging and mixing.

Favourite things:

Love the built in audio interface, which means I can just plug a mic or guitar in the back and play or sample straight away. Plus I use it instead of my laptop audio for zero latency. I use the stereo ins to capture the iPad.

Sample editing is fast and accurate, and the manual mode for chopping and assigning slices to pads very quick.

Pattern editing - I find it quicker, and more accurate via the controller than using the laptop, which was a surprise.

Instrument browser - excellent visual browser for checking through presets, with my VST’s also supported.

Ten out of ten for this thing, never thought I’d like it as much as I do, but it’s now at the heart of my music making workflow.

Good review, especially knowing that you are a hard/thoughtful bear to fool etc. One remaining area of uncertainty for me would be the fact that I don't (as of today) use any pc/mac based DAW. I have FL on my desktop but just haven't bothered with it. Is it fun/practical to use the MK3 on its own/just with iPad or am I completely missing the point here...?

• edited October 2018

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@kobamoto said:

Favourite things:

Good review, especially knowing that you are a hard/thoughtful bear to fool etc. One remaining area of uncertainty for me would be the fact that I don't (as of today) use any pc/mac based DAW. I have FL on my desktop but just haven't bothered with it. Is it fun/practical to use the MK3 on its own/just with iPad or am I completely missing the point here...?

It really comes into its own when used with the Maschine DAW software, but I equally use it to play Komplete and other VST’s live into Reason, and record them that way.

It is a MIDI controller though, so theoretically should be mappable to desktop and iPad software. I’ve only just got the psu though, so haven’t tested out iPad control yet. I’ll try and remember to test it out tomorrow and report my findings.

Bear in mind though it comes with a lot of software to play with, even the basic version, so you’ll have lots to install on your laptop/desktop.

I’ve had the Mikro since it came out, and used the Maschine DAW for years until I discovered the iPad, so I guess it wasn’t such a big learning curve for me.

I’ll try and get a SOTM track up from it in Nov.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@kobamoto said:

Favourite things:

Agree. I not really into hardware controllers, but knowning the vast range of software NI produces and some of the stuff well integrated with their Maschine hardware I can imagine that it works fast and well.
    btw I know a few people using Ableton and had a Push 1/2 but they all sold it after a while, because they were completely used to Abelton on computer/ laptop and saw the Push as a slugish and slow tool.
    Question to @MonzoPro is Maschine 3 really intuitive and fast aspecially when going through the menu's, editing samples and fxs?

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@kobamoto said:

Favourite things:

It really comes into its own when used with the Maschine DAW software, but I equally use it to play Komplete and other VST’s live into Reason, and record them that way.

It is a MIDI controller though, so theoretically should be mappable to desktop and iPad software. I’ve only just got the psu though, so haven’t tested out iPad control yet. I’ll try and remember to test it out tomorrow and report my findings.

Bear in mind though it comes with a lot of software to play with, even the basic version, so you’ll have lots to install on your laptop/desktop.

I’ve had the Mikro since it came out, and used the Maschine DAW for years until I discovered the iPad, so I guess it wasn’t such a big learning curve for me.

I’ll try and get a SOTM track up from it in Nov.

I get you. Was actually just watching Tarekith's overview and it became obvious viz the laptop/desktop. I was imagining/picturing a Circuit, but OF COURSE there's a fucktron more functionality via the software etc. No worries, have a pretty powerful extra desktop here I only run video on so I could absolutely hook it up as required....more than anything it sounds like creative fun which is what I want more than anything else....