Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fab Filter question?

Had trouble logging into the Auria forums so I’ll ask here.
Seems as though Wim puts the Fab Filter plug ins for Auria on sale for 50% around the Holliday season. I don’t have any of them yet but from the looks of it , there seems to be some overlap I.e. different types of eq and compressors, some “bigger” , some “smaller”. I’ve read a few people here claim to have them all . Come the next sale I might do just that . Is it a good idea? Thoughts?

Comments

• They are not cheap (except compared to desktop version prices) but definitely are quality. ProQ, Saturn, proC are my most used ones.

• I have quite a few of the Fab Filter plug-ins in Auria. I don't know what I'm doing with them, so I'll refrain from commenting on the overlap. But, I do know that Rim doesn't have any control/input on how much the FF's cost, and when and if they go on sale. That's all FF's, or PSP's choice.

• From a while ago.. Can anyone answer my overlap question?

• @Telstar5 said:
    From a while ago.. Can anyone answer my overlap question?

There is no overlap. There are older versions of pro q, pro l and another one then there is volcano which is a filter rather than a eq

• @Telstar5 said:
    From a while ago.. Can anyone answer my overlap question?

I don’t think the older versions of Pro Q, Pro L, and Pro C are for sale anymore. They were kept inside Auria for users who already had them.

If the legacy/original plugins are available, I see no reason to purchase them. You’re better off going with the updated versions.

• The only overlap is between the Micro and Volcano. Micro only has one filter (and is very cheap compared to the rest). Volcano can do that and much, much more, and I think Volcano has more filter types as well (I dunno, I havent purchased the Micro).

For the rest, what @supanorton said. Get the version 2s of anything that has it.

• edited August 2018

The whole nine yards of Fabfilter plugs are ProQ2, ProL2 and ProC2 in my opinion. I don't see myself mastering without those anymore. If you have some extra bucks, ProR is a masterpiece of a reverb.

• There's no overlap apart from Micro and Volcano - and Volcano is much better.

My favourites for polishing a mix would be Pro C2, Pro Q2, Pro L2 and Pro R

My favourite for effects is Timeless 2

• Thanks all! So @supanorton just to be clear the plug ins available today in Auria are the newer generation, correct?

• I have most of the iOS Fabfilter plugins but been thinking about getting desktop versions for a while. Anyone know what the steepest discount they ever offer on PC side? Would black friday be the best time to buy?

• ATheres a 25% sale now but only for the bundle. That’s as good as it gets. Not for individual

• @Telstar5 said:
    Thanks all! So @supanorton just to be clear the plug ins available today in Auria are the newer generation, correct?

Yes. When you look at the Fab Filter plugins in the Auria Store, what does it say?

It looks different in my Auria Store because I upgraded the plugins from the originals.

• It’s a long list of all the plug ins

• @Telstar5 said:
    It’s a long list of all the plug ins

As far as I know, the updated Fabfilters are Pro-Q, Pro-C, and Pro-L. They should be listed in alphabetical order by developer. If you only see one version of Pro-Q, Pro-C, and Pro-L, then those are the upgraded versions. If there are two versions of each plugin, get the ones with the number 2 at the end.

Because I bought the original plugins, I only see an upgrade path in my Auria Store. Yours probably looks different. That’s why I’m unsure what the list looks like on your end.