Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Another (pure) Space Craft track

edited August 2018 in Creations

Full disclosure - also posted in the SC thread.

Loving this app so much.

Just 3 layers of spacecraft - nothing else.

All three are using quite varied ‘concatenated’ groups of samples put together into sub-120sec wavs.

I recorded the ‘big’ pad one (which you hear to start with) first. Then had this playing in the AUM file player while I jammed over the top with both pink and blue panels playing the ‘arp’ and random rhythmic stuff live as a Spacecraft AU.

All on an iPhone6plus (turned to portrait) so you get both the blue and pink SC panels show up in AUM.

Thoughts most appreciated!

https://choon.co/tracks/1t58cdtwtg/300-seconds

Comments

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 Great to see people finding their machine of choice or an instrument that suits them. Also firmly jealous making. I find this kind of music leaves enough room for me to add emotions to it. I would also believe you if you told me you'd spent three months scoring this out with incredibly deliberate precision and that there was meaning everywhere. If someone makes an unnecessary remake of The Warriors with some more introspective bits (maybe some of the chasing in slow motion) or the whole thing set in space rather than Coney Island, this deserves inclusion. Good stuff.

• Absolut brilliant spacecraft performance! Really enjoyed listened! This is part of an upcoming album, isn’t it :)

• edited August 2018

Love your atmospheric track and that you made it with just your iPhone!
    It’s motivates me to go deeper into Space Craft...

Great work @Matt_Fletcher_2000 ! 🎶👍

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @Matt_Fletcher_2000 Great to see people finding their machine of choice or an instrument that suits them. Also firmly jealous making. I find this kind of music leaves enough room for me to add emotions to it. I would also believe you if you told me you'd spent three months scoring this out with incredibly deliberate precision and that there was meaning everywhere. If someone makes an unnecessary remake of The Warriors with some more introspective bits (maybe some of the chasing in slow motion) or the whole thing set in space rather than Coney Island, this deserves inclusion. Good stuff.

Thanks Johnny! You should have a go yourself.

Top tip: put all the samples you want to string together into one folder in audioshare. Audioshare with then through them like a play list one after the other. Record audioshare into AUM. Voila, you have your master wave to throw into Space Craft. Whoever it was who shared that tip on the very long Space Craft thread - thanks!

• @david_2017 said:
    Absolut brilliant spacecraft performance! Really enjoyed listened! This is part of an upcoming album, isn’t it :)

Thank you. That’s very kind. And, yes, hopefully, maybe :).

• edited August 2018

@chandroji said:
    Love your atmospheric track and that you made it with just your iPhone!
    It’s motivates me to go deeper into Space Craft...

Great work @Matt_Fletcher_2000 ! 🎶👍

Thanks.

I have two iPads too, but rarely use them. I’m all about the iPhone plus in bed or on the commute.

@Dawdles said:
    Nice vibes :)

Thanks man. Looking forward to hearing some of yours.

• Inspiring performance Matt. Your track showcases how flexible and fleshed out an iDevice and Space Craft can be.

• @Kandavu said:
    Inspiring performance Matt. Your track showcases how flexible and fleshed out an iDevice and Space Craft can be.

Thanks. Much appreciated.

• Awesome work, and well played! Have you sent it to Mark Watt yet? He wants Spacecraft tracks for his website, I believe. Love the atmosphere of this. Well done, sir!

• @Spidericemidas said:
    Awesome work, and well played! Have you sent it to Mark Watt yet? He wants Spacecraft tracks for his website, I believe. Love the atmosphere of this. Well done, sir!

@universe - thanks so much :)

Thanks @Spidericemidas - you're very kind, and good idea.

@deltaVaudio please do feature my track on your website if you'd like to. I'd be very honoured. It's 100% pure SpaceCraft :).

• Nice Jam Matt

• Very nice production, got to love Spacecraft

• Very good, reminiscent of Tangerine Dream for me.

• I can’t describe why but I really liked the sound mix (maybe harmony was spot on?).
    Would love some percussion to come in.
    Great work mate

• Thank very much @RedSkyLullaby (I’m a big fan), @1nsomniak @PhilW and @EDB

Harmony might have been helped from all samples being strictly a C note. And then the Arp in Spacecraft doing its thing.

Percussion might well come in, if I ever get any time to work more on this jam and develop it into something more finished. (The nice thing with the AUM workflow is I recorded some of it to separate stems).

• This track has definitely convinced my to get this app. Excellent work! A truly enjoyable experience.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 dude this is totally going on the website ! Just need to find some time to update the artists page. It's cool that you can use it in portrait mode on an iPhone screen. Didn't expect it to be used that way but totally makes sense. Was that just one take ?

• edited August 2018

@deltaVaudio said:
    @Matt_Fletcher_2000 dude this is totally going on the website ! Just need to find some time to update the artists page. It's cool that you can use it in portrait mode on an iPhone screen. Didn't expect it to be used that way but totally makes sense. Was that just one take ?

Brilliant. Thanks.

It was just one recorded take, yes. I’d previously noodled around to see what worked.

The ‘pad’ i’d recorded a few days previously in SC standalone. And then I put that recording into AUMs file player and then played the other two SC layers over the top.