Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioBus Features on Top Page of AppStore Japan

Not sure if AppStore content is the same accross regions, but Audiobus was featured heavily in the Japan AppStore top page yesterday. There was a feature article called “iOSデバイスが音楽スタジオに” (iOS devices as a music studio). The tag of the article roughly translates to “Joining music apps with Audiobus 3 to make music.”

The article also featured Garage Band, iKaossilator, Kronecker, FM essential, GliderVerb, Groovebox, iMachine 2, and StepPolyArp, but only Audiobus had a purchase link at the bottom of the article.

Congrats to Audiobus for being featured!
I hope this brings greater exposure to the app. Maybe I should start making Japanese tutorials ;)

Comments

• Nice find!

• edited August 2018

@DYMS said:
    Not sure if AppStore content is the same accross regions, but Audiobus was featured heavily in the Japan AppStore top page yesterday. There was a feature article called “iOSデバイスが音楽スタジオに” (iOS devices as a music studio). The tag of the article roughly translates to “Joining music apps with Audiobus 3 to make music.”

The article also featured Garage Band, iKaossilator, Kronecker, FM essential, GliderVerb, Groovebox, iMachine 2, and StepPolyArp, but only Audiobus had a purchase link at the bottom of the article.

Congrats to Audiobus for being featured!
    I hope this brings greater exposure to the app. Maybe I should start making Japanese tutorials ;)

And English tutorials also...

The state saving/Ableton Link V3 shines... Learning and Loving it...

• edited August 2018

Woohoo, very cool!

This popped up in my Google Alerts. Can't tell if this is from Japan...

@DYMS do you speak Japanese? Would you like to proof-read the AudioKit Synth One Japanese translation here in a few days when it is ready?

• Awesome!
    Well deserved, @Michael

• Speaking of Japan, does anyone have any idea what this article is about?

• edited August 2018

@analog_matt I do speak Japanese and have helped some app developers with keyword optimization for Japan. I would be happy to help out.

That article you posted is from the Mac Music Club. It talks about what they did at their meeting in August. Sounds like they did some podcast stuff, looked at AudioKit Synth, Korg Gadget, visited Yairi Guitars, etc...

In reading further, it looks like they did a realtime demo of Synth One at the meeting. In the article they mention it is a free, open source app. Being open source they hope it will see continued development. They mention some of the features like the ability to change the top screen to real time waveform display, tone edit, efx, matrix display, arpeggiator etc. It closes by mentioning that is plays well with others and has features common in apps that cost 1,000 yen or more. They recommend getting the app.

• Congrats again to @Michael as Audiobus 3 is featured on top page of Japan App Store again today. Seems to be the same feature as last time.