Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Elastically Delicious 2.2 Update!!!

Comments

• This is such an awesome app!

• Wha wha wha? I am video impaired right now. If there is a copy paste of update notes available i would be very appreciative! :)

• It's almost like having a 'Volca Sample' on roids, especially when loaded with the Volca Sample Factory samples.
    Only the pitch envelope is missing. Would also love to see ratcheting added at some point in a future update.

When automating the pitch with 'velocity' it's possible to see the pitch in semi-tones but for normal pitch automation it's a just an arbitrary number which makes precise tuning a bit tricky.

I always forget how crazy cool this app is! :)

• @AudioGus Nothing too crazy. It's just demonstrating the new 2.2 midi control features with a nanoKontrol2. Very fun, though. Now where's my controller hiding?

• @AudioGus said:
    Wha wha wha? I am video impaired right now. If there is a copy paste of update notes available i would be very appreciative! :)

here ya go Gus

• Improvement: Micro Recording for Sample Player got improved, showing input level, etc.
    • New (Midi): Mic record button can now be triggered via Midi and will show sample view
    • New (Midi): Autom & velocity buttons can now be triggered via Midi
    • New (Midi): Program Change via IAA should work now also
    • Improvement: „Record audio“ will not overwrite existing audio files anymore, but create new ones with a date ending
    • Improvement (Jam screen): Midi notes will always trigger an instrument, even with „trig“ > 0 and stopped sequencer
  • Ooh, great demo. I want this.

• @Samu said:
    It's almost like having a 'Volca Sample' on roids, especially when loaded with the Volca Sample Factory samples.
    Only the pitch envelope is missing.

True but you know what ED adds instead... sampling. :)

• edited August 2018

@syrupcore said:

@Samu said:
    It's almost like having a 'Volca Sample' on roids, especially when loaded with the Volca Sample Factory samples.

I find the little hits and stabs I dropped into it on day one have kept me going for quite a while, but yah, gotta try actually sampling with it one day, heh.

• While the sampling feature is nice I don't see any options for input selection when using audio devices with multiple inputs?! From what I see it's also mono at the moment but it's way too fun to use instead of nag about missing features :)

• I have a sudden urge to go and buy a nanokontrol 2.

• @AudioGus said:

@syrupcore said:

@Samu said:

I find the little hits and stabs I dropped into it on day one have kept me going for quite a while, but yah, gotta try actually sampling with it one day, heh.

Not dissimilar from the Volca Sample in that way—you can go for miles and miles without needing to add samples. Still, one says 'Sample' in the name and one doesn't but it's the one that doesn't that actually allows for sampling so I'll continue to take my little shots at the other. :)

• This reminded me to go back and play with Elastic drums. Brilliant app, need to spend more time with it.