KDJ-One app for iOS, free

app version of version of the portable hardware

Too new for their AppStore link
Here’s their website http://www.kdj-one.com/home

Self contained, except for syncing with laptop/desktop

«13

Comments

  • It’s free, it’s fun, it’s not for everyone but it is quite good.

  • Ooh this is fun.....

  • Thanks. Loading now. Checking later ;)

  • Curious as to why this exists. But thanks to the devs for the freebie

  • edited August 13

    @Littlewoodg said:
    app version of version of the portable hardware

    I so wanted the hardware version that they have been teasing for years when it first came out. Do you see any info if they are still going to make the hardware version? I can see they changed the chasis quite a bit.

  • They have an Android version too! Nice. After poking around, I noticed this...

    It's allegedly a mobile beta. :) Cool.

  • edited August 13

    Found the kickstarter showing the hardware version was supposed to ship July 15th 2015:

    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/709332004/kdj-one-the-next-generation-portable-music-studio

  • To the OP Cheers for this - looks interesting and seems you can load samples - not checked that out as yet

  • edited August 13

    This is worth watching as most of this applies to the iOS version. DJ FX in song mode are awesome :)

  • edited August 13

    For some reason, the stock sounds remind me of the Turok soundtrack (a GOOD thing as I LOVE that lofi aesthetic). The sounds you make in voice can be carried over to other patterns, but even cooler is the voices are PER PATTERN, not per song. You can even stack the patterns. I think I may try to produce some manner of bass house in this later on.

    My only complaint? How the f*** do I port my exported wavs over to Audioshare? No "Open In" sharing features as far as I know. :lol:

  • edited August 13

    This could be interesting as I have an Android phone (although I almost exclusively use my iPad Pro for music). I noticed that it can export both midi and an audio mix file, so could be useful as a little sketchpad to then load into other apps.

  • Am very much enjoying this. It seems that every time I think of something it needs (hello pitch bend) I find it a few moments later, already implemented.

  • I like this for some reason...wtf

  • edited August 13

    I am going to recommend a few things in case the developer is reading:

    I would like to have a better menu system all the way round for using sounds as the app is missing the little awesome jog wheel.

    Better use of the GUI...I mean we can have better UI experience if you remove things like the faux speakers etc.

    Chords and scales would be great on both hardware and app

    That is all ty

  • edited August 13

    @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    For some reason, the stock sounds remind me of the Turok soundtrack (a GOOD thing as I LOVE that lofi aesthetic). The sounds you make in voice can be carried over to other patterns, but even cooler is the voices are PER PATTERN, not per song. You can even stack the patterns. I think I may try to produce some manner of bass house in this later on.

    My only complaint? How the f*** do I port my exported wavs over to Audioshare? No "Open In" sharing features as far as I know. :lol:

    Yep Audioshare- Iam trying to work out how you import samples Any idea?

  • edited August 13

    Anyone know how to delete the stock patterns that come with the app?
    Also can sampes be imported or just recorded?
    Is the anyway to change the default UI colour?
    Thanks in advance

  • edited August 13

    @MrSmileZ said:
    I am going to recommend a few things in case the developer is reading:

    I would like to have a better menu system all the way round for using sounds as the app is missing the little awesome jog wheel.

    Better use of the GUI...I mean we can have better UI experience if you remove things like the faux speakers etc.

    Chords and scales would be great on both hardware and app

    That is all ty

    Jog wheel is the “roller” on the right.

    Also has cursor arrows and joystick on the left. Oh and pinch zoom on seq timeline :)

  • @stormbeats said:
    Anyone know how to delete the stock patterns that come with the app?
    Also can sampes be imported or just recorded?
    Is the anyway to change the default UI colour?
    Thanks in advance

    Patterns - delete in song tab
    Packs - slide to left(delete)

  • edited August 13

    @RUST( i )K said:

    @stormbeats said:
    Anyone know how to delete the stock patterns that come with the app?
    Also can sampes be imported or just recorded?
    Is the anyway to change the default UI colour?
    Thanks in advance

    Patterns - delete in song tab
    Packs - slide to left(delete)

    Ok cheers do you know how and if i can import samples? I can see a sample folder in iFunbox so maybe can do importing that way Will try

  • Anyone know where the “load sample” button is Thanks in advance

  • Thanks all for the research and links @BiancaNeve @Telengard @Trueyorky @RUST( i )K @jwmmakerofmusic
    Found it this morning 6am but haven’t had a chance to dig in, first day back to the classroom...
    But yes @MrSmileZ I like it wtf?
    Hope they cozy up to iOS more and more feature wise.

  • Has anyone found a way to start playback from a point other than the first beat?

  • edited August 13

    Iam about to go djing but damn i prefer to be at home making tunes with this it seems a cool app so far

  • @stormbeats said:

    @RUST( i )K said:

    @stormbeats said:
    Anyone know how to delete the stock patterns that come with the app?
    Also can sampes be imported or just recorded?
    Is the anyway to change the default UI colour?
    Thanks in advance

    Patterns - delete in song tab
    Packs - slide to left(delete)

    Ok cheers do you know how and if i can import samples? I can see a sample folder in iFunbox so maybe can do importing that way Will try

    Dude, have you watched the Sound Test Room video on this?

  • @RUST( i )K said:

    @stormbeats said:

    @RUST( i )K said:

    @stormbeats said:
    Anyone know how to delete the stock patterns that come with the app?
    Also can sampes be imported or just recorded?
    Is the anyway to change the default UI colour?
    Thanks in advance

    Patterns - delete in song tab
    Packs - slide to left(delete)

    Ok cheers do you know how and if i can import samples? I can see a sample folder in iFunbox so maybe can do importing that way Will try

    Dude, have you watched the Sound Test Room video on this?

    Dude no - was not aware there was one but dude cheers for letting me know

  • @stormbeats said:
    Anyone know where the “load sample” button is Thanks in advance

    Tracks have three types - synth, drum and clip. Choose clip then voice settings for that track show audio editing and import button. Here I imported audio I made earlier using the export option.

  • OK, pattern - song - sampler. Choose sampler and record audio then “register” as a clip. Now this will be listed for use in a clip track :)

  • edited August 14

    @purpan2 said:
    Has anyone found a way to start playback from a point other than the first beat?

    Tap above the timeline in the blue band area

Sign In or Register to comment.