Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LumaFusion - Making Trippy Videos

2»

Comments

• edited August 2018

@Richtowns said:
    Here is my Perplex On inspired lumafusion/frax/kalidascope offering.

Nice, I really dig that vibe, it has a great texture. more!

• Thanks @AudioGus Very cool artwork and some neat tricks to try when I get Lumafusion.

I do like Frax HD and the Pro upgrade (£6.99) let's you save videos up to 1080p 30fps (or 720p 60fps) which look better than when using Apple screen recording imho. I am still getting to grips with it but here's one of my examples --> It would be useful to jazz them up a bit with the kaleidoscope effect in Lumafusion though.

Another PC based freebie which I like for generating 3D visualisations is Plane9 Studio --> http://www.plane9.com/ It's fairly easy to use and has a lot of cool presets (and a few cheesy ones). Another example using Plane9 -->

I also use Wizibel sometimes.

Any other recommendations for these kind of visualization apps?

• edited August 2018

@receder said:
    Thanks @AudioGus Very cool artwork and some neat tricks to try when I get Lumafusion.

Wow, beautiful stuff, thanks for sharing!

I do like Frax HD and the Pro upgrade (£6.99) let's you save videos up to 1080p 30fps (or 720p 60fps) which look better than when using Apple screen recording imho. I am still getting to grips with it but here's one of my examples

I do have the Pro Upgrade now. Things do degrade quite quickly when you have to reprocess videos (particularly from TouchViz which compresses a ton) and there is no 'uncompressed' option in these apps (for obvious reasons I suppose). I find the three layer limit in Luma a bit restrictive so end up bouncing out a bunch and then reprocessing them. I guess I am looking at this as a long term, 'keep tabs on the evolution' sort of project. It is neat to just see things evolve. I think I will play more with making pngs with transparency in procreate / affinity designer (grrr, psds from affinity don't load in procreate yet) and edit them in luma. But yah, just noodeling phase right now for sure.

Another PC based freebie which I like for generating 3D visualisations is Plane9 Studio --> http://www.plane9.com/ It's fairly easy to use and has a lot of cool presets (and a few cheesy ones). Another example using Plane9 -->

If I do end up in desktop land with this rabbit hole I may do some 3DSMax and AfterFX but for now I am just playing the couch/bed/train/ipad/app store game. To throw the desktop curveball in... would probably get me too ambitious. :)

• @AudioGus said:

@receder said:
    Thanks @AudioGus Very cool artwork and some neat tricks to try when I get Lumafusion.

Wow, beautiful stuff, thanks for sharing!

Cheers @AudioGus

I do like Frax HD and the Pro upgrade (£6.99) let's you save videos up to 1080p 30fps (or 720p 60fps) which look better than when using Apple screen recording imho. I am still getting to grips with it but here's one of my examples

I do have the Pro Upgrade now. Things do degrade quite quickly when you have to reprocess videos (particularly from TouchViz which compresses a ton) and there is no 'uncompressed' option in these apps (for obvious reasons I suppose). I find the three layer limit in Luma a bit restrictive so end up bouncing out a bunch and then reprocessing them. I guess I am looking at this as a long term, 'keep tabs on the evolution' sort of project. It is neat to just see things evolve. I think I will play more with making pngs with transparency in procreate / affinity designer (grrr, psds from affinity don't load in procreate yet) and edit them in luma. But yah, just noodeling phase right now for sure.

Some pretty impressive "noodling" right there that's for sure :o I guess the three layer limit in Luma may be something the devs will look into.

If I do end up in desktop land with this rabbit hole I may do some 3DSMax and AfterFX but for now I am just playing the couch/bed/train/ipad/app store game. To throw the desktop curveball in... would probably get me too ambitious. :)

Fair enough. That is the beauty of these iPad apps; being able to do them anywhere. I will keep a lookout for your further musings on the subject.

• This thread is excellent, thanks a lot !!

• @Turntablist said:
    This thread is excellent, thanks a lot !!

Cool, glad you like!

• @receder said:

Your plane9 clip reminded me of what you can easily get out of K Machine by Dominique Baillot which is an amazing visual and audio app on iOS. I’ve not seen so much ambient stuff for it but it gives great and unexpected results.

@audiogus Thanks for kind words. And you have motivated me to generate some more multimedia.

• @Richtowns said:

@receder said:

Your plane9 clip reminded me of what you can easily get out of K Machine by Dominique Baillot which is an amazing visual and audio app on iOS. I’ve not seen so much ambient stuff for it but it gives great and unexpected results.

@audiogus Thanks for kind words. And you have motivated me to generate some more multimedia.

Thanks @Richtowns I will check it out.

• @AudioGus That Manhattan vídeo reminds me of the @RedSkyLullaby video. It looks rough but slowed down and the resolution upped it would be pretty neat. I’m off to try a bit of Manhattan.

• edited August 2018

@Richtowns said:
    @AudioGus That Manhattan vídeo reminds me of the @RedSkyLullaby video. It looks rough but slowed down and the resolution upped it would be pretty neat. I’m off to try a bit of Manhattan.

Yah the raw, noncompressed looks a lot crisper but I guess there is too much detail for the youtube codec. (Also be sure to pick 1080 in youtube app to view, embedded is brutal) Maybe if I filtered it first. but yah, not too concerned with production values on these, just spittin ideas out while I still have fibre. Havent seen the RedSkyLullaby video, will check it out.

• This is RSL's excellent music and video

but I’ve just read in his comments that the
    the video is from the 3D fractals king Julius Horsthuis
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPYiwZRSN8w5ZodY4MvflJQ

This video is obviously excellent, bleeding edge stuff but I think with a little imagination (and a lot of hard work) it could be done with LumaFusion.

• edited August 2018

@Richtowns said:
    This is RSL's excellent music and video
    but I’ve just read in his comments that the
    the video is from the 3D fractals king Julius Horsthuis

This video is obviously excellent, bleeding edge stuff but I think with a little imagination (and a lot of hard work) it could be done with LumaFusion.

Ahh very cool, I do dig the 3D fractals.

I was playing around with modeling some fractalish stuff in 3DS Max a while ago. Was brutal for render times but maybe now with the new machine I will try again.

• edited August 2018

• edited August 2018

@Turntablist said:
    This thread is excellent, thanks a lot !!

:)

• @AudioGus everything's a filter if you want it to be :)

• @1nsomniak said:
    @AudioGus everything's a filter if you want it to be :)

Hah! Too cool! Is that some sort of deep dream thingy?

• @AudioGus said:

@1nsomniak said:

Yes, its an app called pikazo that uses that type of AI to do it.
    Ive been using it to make thumbnails variations for my soundcloud tracks:
    https://soundcloud.com/manphibian

• @1nsomniak said:

@AudioGus said:

@1nsomniak said:

Yes, its an app called pikazo that uses that type of AI to do it.
    Ive been using it to make thumbnails variations for my soundcloud tracks:
    https://soundcloud.com/manphibian

Cool, I haven't seen ones that let you specify an, err 'modulator'.

Really sweet tracks! I love the lush atmosphere / groovey stuff a lot!

• Just stumbled over this thread in the dark... Just gotta say “wow!” Good stuffs...
    @AudioGus anything recently you’re working on that you want to unleash?🙂

• edited December 2019

@haulin_notes said:
    Just stumbled over this thread in the dark... Just gotta say “wow!” Good stuffs...
    @AudioGus anything recently you’re working on that you want to unleash?🙂

These days mostly just practicing straight up drawing and painting... and I need the practice. ;)

• @AudioGus

Some pretty impressive stuff.

I've got a lot to learn.

• I’m very much an enthusiast of this app:
    https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/vosc-visual-particle-synth/id592599278

I used it a lot in a pop video of mine several years ago, and also some not so popular videos.

• edited December 2019

Here are more examples of combining apps with LumaFusion

This is Wizibel masked in LumaFusion:
    (music by VWAM)

This is an Unsplash background with some Ellipsis and fluidity doodles composed in LumaFusion:
    (music by Bugs in the Basement)

This is K-machine with titles in LumaFusion:
    The music was created with Patterning2. I like the noisy rotoscope look of this one.

Is anyone using Magic Music Visuals (MMV) or Tagtool?