Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LumaFusion - Making Trippy Videos

edited August 2018 in App Tips and Tricks

(Looks better in Youtube app in HD of course)

Some Frax HD in LumaFusion

Comments

• Moar Collide-uh-scope!! JK... I should work w/ a dev on making a video feedback / slicer / synth mayhem app, that would probably be way more fun. Thanks for posting though, interesting how large the void is for video apps on iOS - glad someone is doing something.

• edited August 2018

@scottsunn said:
    Moar Collide-uh-scope!! JK... I should work w/ a dev on making a video feedback / slicer / synth mayhem app, that would probably be way more fun. Thanks for posting though, interesting how large the void is for video apps on iOS - glad someone is doing something.

I’m working on one to do this in realtime...

• Wow, that's beautiful! Insta-buy for me.

• @Clam said:
    Wow, that's beautiful! Insta-buy for me.

Cool thanks! The first copy will cost $50,000 and take six months to download. ;)

• Sold! Where do I send the money?

• @AudioGus said:

V.cool.

Which app has the main influence in this one...?

• @SpookyZoo said:

@AudioGus said:

V.cool.

That is mostly Photoshop with a touch of 3DS Max. The real prize will be if/when it is all Unreal or possibly Unity with parametric animated yadda yadda etc. Eh, a boy can dream.

• edited August 2018

@AudioGus said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@AudioGus said:

V.cool.

That is mostly Photoshop with a touch of 3DS Max. The real prize will be if/when it is all Unreal or possibly Unity with parametric animated yadda yadda etc. Eh, a boy can dream.

Cool. So are you TAFKA Richard Marchand? ;)

• edited August 2018

@SpookyZoo said:

@AudioGus said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@AudioGus said:

V.cool.

Unmasked! Heh/eww so weird seeing that name on the forum,

• @AudioGus said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@AudioGus said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@AudioGus said:

V.cool.

haha, cool! :)

Your work looks great!

• edited August 2018

@AudioGus said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@AudioGus said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@AudioGus said:

V.cool.

I have recently been playing with Procreate and Affinity Designer to get similar results. Fewer tools / automations but fun mental floss to figure it out with more limited tools.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@AudioGus said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@AudioGus said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@AudioGus said:

V.cool.

haha, cool! :)

Your work looks great!

Thanks SpookyZoo :)

• Wow Audiogus......I really like you're artwork...brilliant.
    I doodle myself in black and white, sometimes similar to your work.....but yours has far more detail......really nice.

• @JenaMu6 said:
    Wow Audiogus......I really like you're artwork...brilliant.
    I doodle myself in black and white, sometimes similar to your work.....but yours has far more detail......really nice.

Thanks JenaMu6 :)

• Thanks for the ideas! I’m so crap trying to make videos for my tunes.

• @waynerowand said:
    Thanks for the ideas! I’m so crap trying to make videos for my tunes.

I love your use of archival footage. Your choices really fit the music great.

• @AudioGus Thanks man! Glad you dig it.

• @AudioGus thats some cool artwork!

• Frax HD by Iter9, LLC https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/frax-hd/id529646208?mt=8

Is a cool source of fodder for this type of thing.

• @wim said:
    Frax HD by Iter9, LLC https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/frax-hd/id529646208?mt=8

Nice! Yah looks very useful.

Looks like ‘Flame Painter’ could work well too for some things.

• edited August 2018

@wim said:
    Frax HD by Iter9, LLC https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/frax-hd/id529646208?mt=8

Here is some Frax HD in Lumafusion

(Again, better in Youtube app in HD)

• Cool effects - but how did you achieve the 3d effect in the first seconds ?

It looks like the source pixels are replicated/zoomed outwards from a center and layered atop to generate an extruded, 3d version of the source image.

I tried to recreate this by using LumaFusions zoom blur fx, but of course this looks blurry and has no pixel sharp edges like in your video. Could you please debunk the magic trickery :)

• edited August 2018

@_ki said:
    Cool effects - but how did you achieve the 3d effect in the first seconds ?

It looks like the source pixels are replicated/zoomed outwards from a center and layered atop to generate an extruded, 3d version of the source image.

I tried to recreate this by using LumaFusions zoom blur fx, but of course this looks blurry and has no pixel sharp edges like in your video. Could you please debunk the magic trickery :)

“I live to serve...”

• Thanks a lot for the explanation !

Following your video instructions, i was able to create something similar :) Nice editing trick.

• @_ki said:
    Thanks a lot for the explanation !

Following your video instructions, i was able to create something similar :) Nice editing trick.

Cool, happy to help! :)

• Frax HD, now that is a very nice app. I will have to spend some more time getting to know it.

Thanks for posting all these videos. I had no idea Luma could do the kaleidoscope effects

• @Hmtx said:
    Frax HD, now that is a very nice app. I will have to spend some more time getting to know it.

Thanks for posting all these videos. I had no idea Luma could do the kaleidoscope effects

No prob, yah Luma is pretty neat to explore. I hope it gets blending modes like TouchViz, which I just started playing with today. Here is one with a Procreate timelapse painting, rotated around in Luma and then overlaid in ToucViz on top of itself. Clunky execution but as a sketch shows potential for maybe a thing one day.

• Oh cool, Lumafusion supports png files with transparency...

• Here is my Perplex On inspired lumafusion/frax/kalidascope offering.

The kalaidascope must have been around for at least 7 months. LumaFusion seems to go as deep as you need. Im at about 30% in the features list. Love it.