Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Swahali - sufi music tribute track

edited August 2018 in Creations

This is an old track from 2001 or 2002, can’t remember exactly... Swahali!!

I was really a beginner with software computer music making. First desktop with AMD Duron 800 (lol), Cubase VST 5.1, Hoontech audio interface...

This track took me 60 hours to be done!! + one hour today many years later for quick remastering with DDMF plugs in AUM :D

It’s a sufi music tribute. Always liked their voices and flutes!!!!

I play moroccan flute, indian pungi (snake charming!), western flute, my sax sampled in HALion played by keyboard... and egg shaker. And there are lot of samples from compilation album « Sufi Soul ».

Hope you’ll enjoy, it’s a meditative piece :)

Comments

• Brilliant. The age of the original recording & gear used doesn't register one iota, if you said you created it all in iOS over 2 days I'd know no different. Shows you got good sounds from jumpstreet.

I'm doing a few similar projects using submixes from my old 8 track PortaStudio, the Tascam 488mkII. The original tracks are all rhythm tracks (drums, bass, rhythm guitar, keys, etc) so a stereo rhythm track is mixed from those & imported into Auria Pro for overdubs.

I like the DDMF NoLimits limiter a lot, if that's what you used it sounds great.

• Very evocative, great work.

• edited August 2018

@JRSIV said:
    Brilliant. The age of the original recording & gear used doesn't register one iota, if you said you created it all in iOS over 2 days I'd know no different. Shows you got good sounds from jumpstreet.

I'm doing a few similar projects using submixes from my old 8 track PortaStudio, the Tascam 488mkII. The original tracks are all rhythm tracks (drums, bass, rhythm guitar, keys, etc) so a stereo rhythm track is mixed from those & imported into Auria Pro for overdubs.

I like the DDMF NoLimits limiter a lot, if that's what you used it sounds great.

Thanks you very much John!!

I think it’s interesting to see all our creations as a whole and give older ones a fresh touch sometimes, or just share them. I had too a Tascam 424mkII I used two years before getting my first desktop. I liked it a lot but it sounded thin IMO, and EQing with it was difficult. Remastering tracks made with it can certainly be interesting.

I used on Swahali and use on all my tracks for master DDMF 6144 and NOLimit, they really adds warmth and can improve tracks a lot.

• @PhilW said:
    Very evocative, great work.

Thanks you Phil :)

• I know you are very interested in Sufism. I would love to see a whirling video with this. Mesmerizing. Great ending!

• @LinearLineman said:
    I know you are very interested in Sufism. I would love to see a whirling video with this. Mesmerizing. Great ending!

First man voice is from a senegalese murid, there is also sampled turkish ney and dervishes voices. Darbuka is a moroccan sample. Nice to read you liked ending, always had some doubts with it. It’s made from my sax sampled in HALion VST-i and played by keyboard, I wanted to add a synthetic feel in contrast with those traditional sounds.

• Yes, exactly, it was a fascinating departure melodically as well.