Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Showing $2.99 on the US App Store.

• edited December 2013

Sure?
    Bought it right now from Spain for free. Posted the US link because most of you are americans.
    Maybe I posted it seconds after the app went on sale...

• Free in Sweden!

• It's showing up as free in the US now.

• dunno, even for free it doesn't tempt me...

• edited March 2014

• Ok, you've convinced me - I won't download it and so save myself the cost of all the other session apps!

• They go on sale quite regularly...but their biggest cost is in MB...understandable, but if you're on one of the smaller (in GB) iPads, certainly a consideration.

• Got it (and also Acoustic and Rock) for 0.89 EUR each....last week. Good to have if you have lots of GB.

• edited March 2014

• I have them all, bought each at 99c.

Their major benefits that I see are:
    1. For performers who aren't able to make complex chords (like those used in jazz scales) so they can practice without a real-life backing group.
    2. For composers because they can quickly try various chords in their composition.
    3. For the muso who plays solo but would like a band to back their playing (think dinner music gigs).
    4. Great while travelling to accompany playing on an instrumental app.

They have many uses that only intensive development on synths could equal or better.

I highly recommend them at the price (free of less than a buck).

ps the playing is first class by the performers.

• edited March 2014

• edited December 2013

The drum tracks alone are worth ten times the amount charged. The way the app is layed out is highly codusive to the music making process. I downloaded and then axed the original session band app because of size constraints, but I have the piano and rock editions and they are very good.
    If only they would do this stuff with midi, I and others would be happier because of the memory usage as wav. files is quite large for the Ipad. Not to mention the ability to swap out instruments would be great as well. I thought that they were considering a similar midi app but until then I will keep them until I can no longer spare the room on my Ipad, which at the present rate will not be long unfortunately.
    In the long run the failure of Apple to develop affordable file storage will be it's demise if Windows continues to develop touch as you and I both know they will. Almost cutting off their nose to spite their face if they stay on the present course!

• Simon said:

After all those Auria plug-ins you bought you deserve a freebie!

touché :)

it's not for me though - I never use the drum loops that come with various apps, or the pre-programmed arpeggios that come with all the soft synths. I have Chordbot which also does something similar to Session Band, but again I don't use it.

I don't like the lack of control over what is being played, and also the lack of satisfaction from using someone else's work. I appreciate the value these things have for others though, but they're not my cup of tea.

• I've snagged all the sessionband apps by now. I never use pre-made stuff either (except for the occasional perc/drum loop I just can't do on my own). But I can see myself probably grabbing some piano progressions or whatever that I just can't do on a 9,7" glass screen, to fill out a song idea, until I can do it myself in front of a real keyboard and daw.

• I regard it as a collaboration with the musician who recorded the samples/loops. I just get to take them to places they didn't think of when they recorded them. It's a bit like exchanging very short recordings over the internet. Ok, it's limited, but that kind of collaboration often is.

• I agree @PaulB. One man bands are not the normal.