Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Rtpmidi network midi WiFi midi alternative windows

Hi

I am currently using Tobias Erichsen's rtpmidi to send midi from an iphone to windows 10 via WiFi/personal hotspot but half the time I cannot get rtpmidi to see the iphone over bonjour protocol- something seems to be super buggy, I have to restart, uninstall and re-install rtpmidi just to get it to register the iphone and this happens all the time on a totally clean system

can anyone recommend an alternative to rtpmidi for getting a midi signal from iphone to windows reliably? or tips for making this connection more reliable via rtpmidi?

Comments

• Does it have to be WiFi?

• I would prefer WiFi but I’m open to usb or Bluetooth if it’s reliable

• @annahahn said:
    Hi

I am currently using Tobias Erichsen's rtpmidi to send midi from an iphone to windows 10 via WiFi/personal hotspot but half the time I cannot get rtpmidi to see the iphone over bonjour protocol- something seems to be super buggy, I have to restart, uninstall and re-install rtpmidi just to get it to register the iphone and this happens all the time on a totally clean system

can anyone recommend an alternative to rtpmidi for getting a midi signal from iphone to windows reliably? or tips for making this connection more reliable via rtpmidi?

Had the same problems in the past, some days it works some days it doesn’t haven’t tried recently.

• @annahahn said:

CopperLan

You'd need a midi port in between iPAD and PC, I use an iCA4+ but anything that can talk with iOS will work. You point iOS apps to that midi port for i/O and then point CopperLan I/O to that midi port.

You might be able to hook it up via WiFi also, I haven't tried that, but the software is free, so you might have luck.

• I'm sure Windows 10 incorporates Bluetooth Midi, if you have the the Bluetooth hardware on your PC, haven't tried it though, Midi Bluetooth via the Yamaha Bluetooth Dongle on my synths to the iPad works great though, far better than the latency you get using rtpMidi.

• Apollo Midi over usb cable right into the PC has worked well for me. I haven’t exercised it real hard though.