Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Xequence Masterclass Continued

2»

Comments

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@SevenSystems said:
    @JonLewis @JohnnyGoodyear sorry, I must be missing something... launching a synth app takes just one tap on the home screen (per session!), why would an internal sound generator be required? :flushed:

I think what you are missing is the difference between a desire and a requirement :)

OK, no problem :) adding an audio engine of any kind would entail quite a bit of extra work and resource usage, so unless I wanted to convert Xequence into a full DAW, I currently would like to avoid it.

• @SevenSystems said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@SevenSystems said:
    @JonLewis @JohnnyGoodyear sorry, I must be missing something... launching a synth app takes just one tap on the home screen (per session!), why would an internal sound generator be required? :flushed:

I think what you are missing is the difference between a desire and a requirement :)

OK, no problem :) adding an audio engine of any kind would entail quite a bit of extra work and resource usage, so unless I wanted to convert Xequence into a full DAW, I currently would like to avoid it.

good good good :) :) :D

• Totally understand. Tbh I have not really settled on a ‘generic’ synth that I can just kind of have open waiting for Xequence. Maybe Alina string machine...

• @JonLewis I like Sunrizer for a generic synth. You can INT it really quickly plus its AUv3.

You could also just use BS-16i. Many different generic instruments available on several different midi channels. So you could easily setup several different tracks going to different sounds.

• Yeah I do use a nice piano font in BS-16i for this purpose sometimes. Piano being the ultimate ‘abstract composition’ instrument.

I’m mostly working on iPhone and I THINK iPhone version of sunrizer still has the background audio bug. Otherwise I agree that’s a great choice.

Maybe the Obbie preset in Poison though...

• I love that xequence is not bogged down with a sound engine!