Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Scythe wavetable synth updated with IAPs (now v1.6)

Comments

• Not into sound packs, but I bought the wave table creator and filter delay. Good stuff!

• Thanx for the heads-up Gus. Instahbuy! Cheers, Elektrik Diva

• Wait, I read a bit of a thread from awhile back that was not very favorable to this app. Am I confused?

• @kinkujin said:
    Wait, I read a bit of a thread from awhile back that was not very favorable to this app. Am I confused?

Wait what? This app has been awsome!

• Bought the ambient pack. There are some amazing drone tables coming with this 1,09€ ;)
    This AUv3 = woopwoop

Awesome synth! Thanks for the update!!!

• @david_2017 said:
    Bought the ambient pack. There are some amazing drone tables coming with this 1,09€ ;)
    This AUv3 = woopwoop

+1

• @david_2017 said:
    Bought the ambient pack. There are some amazing drone tables coming with this 1,09€ ;)
    This AUv3 = woopwoop

Hang on... it’s not AUv3 yet is it??

Awesome sounding synth though and happy to pick up a few IAP packs.

• @gusgranite said:

@david_2017 said:
    This AUv3 = woopwoop

IAA
    MIDI
    COREMIDI
    AUDIOBUS3 ( <-- not the same as AU3)

• edited August 2018

@gusgranite said:

@david_2017 said:
    This AUv3 = woopwoop

I've been using it stand-alone IAA in studiomux into Ableton. Just checked & no AU here, but sounds great going through Valhalla Shimmer.........New ambient pack isn't harsh like the old tables, so much more usable for me now.........

• I picked up the sound packs which are great but I haven’t picked up the wavetable editor or delay yet. Worth it?

• Sweet !!!!

• @gusgranite said:
    I picked up the sound packs which are great but I haven’t picked up the wavetable editor or delay yet. Worth it?

I am on a very strict app diet, so have not bought them yet.......(almost doesn't count tho not actually being an app ;) )
    Will probably crumble if reports are good......... :#

• edited August 2018

Here is the thread I had read. Bad info or did I just read it wrong? Happy to be wrong ...

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/22070/scythe-a-new-wavetable-synth-with-duplicate-name-in-app-store/p1

• @kinkujin said:
    Here is the thread I had read. Bad info or did I just read it wrong? Happy to be wrong ...

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/22070/scythe-a-new-wavetable-synth-with-duplicate-name-in-app-store/p1

Maybe Doug's vid can help you out........

• @kinkujin said:

I think that thread is now irrelevant and a bit unfair to the current version of this synth. I’m getting some great sounds out of it and it has been updated to cover a lot of the original concerns.

• edited August 2018

Can you still import audio to make your own wavetables after the update? I can’t see how.

[Edit: I’m being a total numpty. I was hitting the Audioshare icon top right and nothing was happening. That’s for exporting recordings to Audioshare. It’s the speaker icon next to the wavetables that imports. Doh...].

• Is anywhere written, how the wavetable creator works?

• @Satie said:
    Is anywhere written, how the wavetable creator works?

No but here’s a screenshot that gives you an idea.

• @gusgranite said:

@Satie said:

THANKS!👌🏼👍🏽

• edited August 2018

I purchased the new editor but find it a bit buggy. Not sure if this is again a 10.3.3 issue, but the editor isn't working as smoothly. The sinewave and sawtooth buttons and also the frequency slider in the 'Create a basic waveform' are not doing anything. The other buttons in that section work fine however. Same thing with the buttons 'mean' and 'highest peak' don't seem to do anythign no matter what i try.

Anyone else having the same issues, or all working fine? Like i said it might be a 10.3.3 issue, but i can't test since i can't run 11. Can anyone please confirm?

• @Dutchee said:
    I purchased the new editor but find it a bit buggy. Not sure if this is again a 10.3.3 issue, but the editor isn't working as smoothly. The sinewave and sawtooth buttons and also the frequency slider in the 'Create a basic waveform' are not doing anything. The other buttons in that section work fine however. Same thing with the buttons 'mean' and 'highest peak' don't seem to do anythign no matter what i try.

Anyone else having the same issues, or all working fine? Like i said it might be a 10.3.3 issue, but i can't test since i can't run 11. Can anyone please confirm?

All buttons working for me on iOS 11. The mean and highest peak don’t do anything until you have created some ranges to sort in your wavetable though.

• I have emailed the developer asking to be able to hear the wavetable you are editing while you are editing it. I don’t know how what I’m editing sounds otherwise. Really hope this gets updated.

• edited August 2018

@gusgranite said:

@Satie said:

Pretty cool and deep control of sculpting the waveform? Or, kinda basic?

Looks like you can manually draw in your own waveform edits? That seems kinda cool on paper. In practice?

• Looks like a wavetable kitchen or more like a crazy wavetable laboratory 🔬 🤪

• Kind of a first on iOS, ja?

• The developer - @jarryd - has more waveform editing and tweaking planned as well. He’s also reviewing the AUv3 documentation but finding it a little sparse.

Things are looking good for Scythe!

• @gusgranite said:
    The developer - @jarryd - has more waveform editing and tweaking planned as well. He’s also reviewing the AUv3 documentation but finding it a little sparse.

Things are looking good for Scythe!

He is really after his synth! Passionate and engaged in developing it further and stuff. It’s the best and accessible wavetable synth we have imho

• I remember a browser based waveform editor that you could draw your own waveforms and edit them from samples that was cool, but I don’t know of anything on iOS that lets you do that. Is that true? Is the waveform editor in Scythe pretty much unique on iOS?

• @skiphunt said:
    I remember a browser based waveform editor that you could draw your own waveforms and edit them from samples that was cool, but I don’t know of anything on iOS that lets you do that. Is that true? Is the waveform editor in Scythe pretty much unique on iOS?

Wavegenerator from PPG and Infinete on bis own hidden ways....

• @Satie said:

@skiphunt said:
    I remember a browser based waveform editor that you could draw your own waveforms and edit them from samples that was cool, but I don’t know of anything on iOS that lets you do that. Is that true? Is the waveform editor in Scythe pretty much unique on iOS?

Wavegenerator from PPG and Infinete on bis own hidden ways....

Infinite only lets you edit PPG files though right? Unless I’m mistaken, you can’t literally “draw” in your own waveform edits. I only have Infinite, you can only edit parameters of a given PPG file, not an imported sample. And I don’t think you can create by drawing, waveforms from scratch.