Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How can you tell an EDM genre's dead?

Right, it's when an artist releases a lame-arsed track called "(Insert dead genre here) never dies/isn't dead".

Sorry Smeagol, it's dead like Sauron.

Sorry Hardhead and Blasterjackass, it already died 2-3 years ago around the time Skrillex moved on from brostep and went Trap.

Sorry for being a crab. I mean, I sometimes like cheese, but this cheese is molded over tenfold. "(This genre) isn't dead/never dies" is the worst EDM cliche invented, as if to be "defiant". It's dead! Move on for bloody sake! Just don't produce Future Bass. 🤣

Comments

• “Punx not dead” for the kids of today

• edited August 2018

@jrjulius said:
    “Punx not dead” for the kids of today

:lol: Pretty much. I mean, there are some cliches I like, some that are guilty pleasures, some that are annoying, but very rarely does a cliche grate on my nerves like "(Genre) isn't dead/never dies" in an EDM track with "let's touch the sky cause we're all getting high" lyrics so lame they make Post Malone's lyrics look like Leonard Cohen.

And you wonder why the term "EDM" is a "three-letter abbreviation".

• You know it’s dead when I hear that it existed in the !st place.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    You know it’s dead when I hear that it existed in the !st place.

Lol, behind the times are you? Ah well, nothing wrong with that. :smiley:

• @BiancaNeve said:

Bingo

People singing songs on the radio about the underground.

LULZ

My life and years in NYC Philly Baltimore clubs were the darkest seediest and non what I would anyone to know existed. They were not something that any festivals had to do with........

It was underground club music.

EDM is promoter gold to make up for lack of record sales.

• @BiancaNeve said:

This actually made me spit a little coffee when I read it. Same here!

• I don’t know how anyone tells EDM apart anyway. And why do they make so many genres that I’m convinced aren’t real in the first place? I suppose making things up that no one can legitimately categorize is a good way for them to “die”

• edited August 2018

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Hehe, I wager this is the wrong forum for contemporary EDM subgenre awareness. I doubt these EDM bigfloor handpups know any of the legacy of 90s dance sub genres that polluted peoples vocabulary/psche. Even if they do, didn't matter then, doesn't matter now.

• cork niffer B)

• edited August 2018

@mrcanister said:
    cork niffer B)

bloody drongo ;)

@AudioGus said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Hehe, I wager this is the wrong forum for contemporary EDM subgenre awareness. I doubt these EDM bigfloor handpups know any of the legacy of 90s dance sub genres that polluted peoples vocabulary/psche. Even if they do, didn't matter then, doesn't matter now.

Only genre of modern EDM that I consider legit is Bass House, probably because it plays upon 90s nostalgia while allowing for creativity in sound design (namely the basses).

• @DMan said:
    I don’t know how anyone tells EDM apart anyway. And why do they make so many genres that I’m convinced aren’t real in the first place? I suppose making things up that no one can legitimately categorize is a good way for them to “die”

I guess it is the perception of safety in numbers for people deciding what to listen to in order to form ones sense of identity. Things are best when vetted by large groups of people, particularly when they are going along with something so that they are properly percieved as, I believe the term is 'cool'. Used to be anyway. Kids probably have a new term for it like 'sick' or 'puke' or 'totaly santa hat' and 'thats monkey balls, primate'. Anyway, music is vast and scarey and you dont want to make the mistake of listening to the wrong thing and being seen as squaresville daddy-o etc troll troll :trollface: :trollface:

• How can you tell when you're old?
    When you no longer care that you still enjoy listening to dead EDM genres! o:)

It all evolved from Disco anyway, right? Did that die? I'm pretty sure I had a little gold notebook when I was about 8 and the cover read: "Disco is not dead." Apparently that was true and it is still mutating to this day!

• How can you tell an EDM genre's dead?

When you don´t remember how to dance to it.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

:lol: Pretty much. I mean, there are some cliches I like, some that are guilty pleasures, some that are annoying, but very rarely does a cliche grate on my nerves like "(Genre) isn't dead/never dies" in an EDM track with "let's touch the sky cause we're all getting high" lyrics so lame they make Post Malone's lyrics look like Leonard Cohen.

That lyric dates back to at least 1967:

• Flapper forever...

• @AudioGus said:
    Flapper forever...

My crush. :love: I love Josephine.

• (applause)

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@AudioGus said:
    Flapper forever...

My crush. :love: I love Josephine.

A breadth of plum, yet effervescent with a tinge of oak.

• @OscarSouth said:

oh, so true.

Mexican Grand Prix... back on my skateboard.
    wheee. love that tune

• There’s a lot of right in here, like the orignal joke, but also a lot of “I don’t like it/understand it so I’m gonna bash it”.
    So in a good spirited defence of what was once simply called ‘dance music’ I give you a 2 second google search.....

Rock Genres
    * Adult Alternative Rock.
    * American Trad Rock.
    * Arena Rock.
    * Blues-Rock.
    * British Invasion.
    * Death Metal/Black Metal.
    * Glam Rock.
    * Hair Metal.
    More items...

;)

• edited August 2018

@EDB said:
    There’s a lot of right in here, like the orignal joke, but also a lot of “I don’t like it/understand it so I’m gonna bash it”.
    So in a good spirited defence of what was once simply called ‘dance music’ I give you a 2 second google search.....

Rock Genres
    * Adult Alternative Rock.
    * American Trad Rock.
    * Arena Rock.
    * Blues-Rock.
    * British Invasion.
    * Death Metal/Black Metal.
    * Glam Rock.
    * Hair Metal.
    More items...

;)

Right, all completely distinct and worthy genres (coincidentally a big part of my preteen-teen years). Also, you forgot Grunge. Don't forget Nu Metal, New Metal, Knew Metal and Gnu Metal (coincidentally my late 20s to 30s when i started to die inside etc).

• @AudioGus
    “More items...”
    ;)
    I’m sure your faves will be in there somewhere. Everythin’s gotta have a label lol

• @EDB said:
    @AudioGus
    “More items...”

Oh I thought that was a genre.

• Neolithic Rock never died! \m/

• I think any EDM genre can be considered on life support if I have heard of it and recognise the name (I probably wouldn’t be able to recognise the actual music as belonging to that genre though!).

• @PhilW said:
    I think any EDM genre can be considered on life support if I have heard of it and recognise the name (I probably wouldn’t be able to recognise the actual music as belonging to that genre though!).

“A music genre by any other name is still a pidgin hole...”?
    And imagine the amount of dead genres you’ve never heard of...Choon has an ‘Australian Pub Rock’ genre :#
    Choon has tons of potential genres for this thread.

• Music never dies.

You’re welcome...

• And is the o'pposite also true. If people is is style is dead it mean it's more alive than ever?

James Brown is Dead 1991