Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

apeMatrix audio input

edited August 2018 in App Tips and Tricks

Hello,

I‘m new to apeMatrix and I‘ve been trying to get audio input into the matrix. I want to plug my guitar into my interface and use that as an input. Can this be done in apeMatrix or do I need to take a detour through AB/AUM

Thank you and have a wonderful day,
David

Comments

• well, that's tough for the app to handle - is the guitar AU ? does it receive parameters ? ;)
    Add an amp simulation or effects app into the matrix and you'll hear your guitar.
    You may modulate the guitar app's parameters then.

• This depends on the used Audio-Interface.
    apeMatrix can NOT select individual Hardware-Inputs like AUM.
    So without more information about your used hardware one can only speculate.

Is "aufioninput" a misspelling or some kind of hardware/shortcut I don't know?

• I wanted to do the same, a simple audio input in apematrix and then process the signal, but it seems it is not possible directly. But good idea about inserting an app inside apematrix, this might work. Will try this out next time.

• edited August 2018

It’s very easy to use apeMatrix with audio input, at least with basic audio interface.

Just route RCA plugs icon to speaker icon to hear dry signal, like on first screenshot. Or use some effects like on second screenshot where RCA plugs icon go to Filterstation2 which go to eos2 which go to speaker.

• Thank you so much, works like a charm now :)

• edited August 2018

@dniede24 said:
    Thank you so much, works like a charm now :)

You’re welcome!! :) What is nice with apeMatrix when using audio input for your instrument is that you can do several routings and enable/disable some effects quickly in one and only view. It’s even possible to trigger AU on/off buttons by midi with a pedalboard.

• thanks @Janosax, didn't see that input icon.

• Too cool. I was just wondering about this the other day. So I assume this will only work for 1 Stereo Channel of Audio In correct?