Is there a bass note playing app following the played chord which plays a low bass note.

To be more specific is there an app that can produce a bass note that matches the played chord? I often use my hands for playing 2 controllers with 2 chords which have no deep bass or without playing the bass. Hope you will understand my question. So a low bass note generator with follows the played chords. I don't need a full bass sequence like iBassist, i own it already, but just a chord following bass note.

«1

Comments

  • You could use a midi program to split out the bottom note in your keyboard voicing, and send it to a bass synth. Maybe through an arpeggiator--like Rozeta or Step Polyarp, or Perforator--to get some extra rhythm.

  • @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    You could use a midi program to split out the bottom note in your keyboard voicing, and send it to a bass synth. Maybe through an arpeggiator--like Rozeta or Step Polyarp, or Perforator--to get some extra rhythm.

    Very interesting!
    Which App could split the lowest MIDI note to separate it?

  • @tja said:

    @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    You could use a midi program to split out the bottom note in your keyboard voicing, and send it to a bass synth. Maybe through an arpeggiator--like Rozeta or Step Polyarp, or Perforator--to get some extra rhythm.

    Very interesting!
    Which App could split the lowest MIDI note to separate it?

    One of the Midiflow apps ..

  • AUM + StepPolyArp and send the AUM keyboard to multiple AU instruments simultaneously will do what you want.

  • tjatja
    edited August 10

    @Dawdles said:
    AUM + StepPolyArp and send the AUM keyboard to multiple AU instruments simultaneously will do what you want.

    How would you do this?
    No split App needed, just StepPolyArp?
    As generator or instrument in AUM?

    You would also normally go down by one or two octaves...

  • I got AUM to send MIDI to one Synth and to StepPolyArp and StepPolyArp send MIDI to another Synth:

    So, that works.

    But how to select the lowest note only in StepPolyArp to be shifted down an octave before send to the second Synth?

  • edited August 10

    @tja said:
    I got AUM to send MIDI to one Synth and to StepPolyArp and StepPolyArp send MIDI to another Synth:

    So, that works.

    But how to select the lowest note only in StepPolyArp to be shifted down an octave before send to the second Synth?

    Yeah might be tricky to do real precise assignments/rules... I wasn’t massively paying attention to how it all translated to note assignment individually during playing, just whether it sounded cool/interesting overall and tweaking everything without much thinking. Maybe not a solution for what Op is after if looking for something more ‘controlled’.

    But i was messing with this kind of setup the other day using 2 x Model D, Zeeon, Dixie and Infinite Pro (+ aufx), with different stepppolyarp on each, all triggered from same AUM keyboard and randomly found myself sounding like full Daft Punk track arrangements just by jamming live on one AUM keyboard :) The bass track seemed to do its job instinctively? Might have just been a fluke tho! A few tweaks later it was less Daft Punk and full ambient bliss. Fun setup to mess with :)
    That jam was actually what prompted my thread wishing for more live performance features in AUM..I couldn’t hit the mutes/solos I wanted to. Might not be precise enough for some requirements for the Op though. But fun to jam on and gives some unexpected results.

  • Ah, OK. Thanks!

  • @tja said:
    I got AUM to send MIDI to one Synth and to StepPolyArp and StepPolyArp send MIDI to another Synth:

    So, that works.

    But how to select the lowest note only in StepPolyArp to be shifted down an octave before send to the second Synth?

    Also, Maybe stating the obvious but if the second synth’s oscs are lower (a bass patch vs a lead patch), the keyboard note doesn’t need to shift down ;) And you can also transpose down in StepPolyArp per instance.

  • I would like to use this, to get the MIDI into it's own track, also transposed down.
    So, the MidiFlow Apps may be better for this trick.
    Will try around with that :)

  • @Frenq said:
    To be more specific is there an app that can produce a bass note that matches the played chord? I often use my hands for playing 2 controllers with 2 chords which have no deep bass or without playing the bass. Hope you will understand my question. So a low bass note generator with follows the played chords. I don't need a full bass sequence like iBassist, i own it already, but just a chord following bass note.

    Check SoundPrism and Chordion apps :smile:

  • tjatja
    edited August 10

    Anyway, I need to dig into StepPolyArp more!

    Sadly, I cannot find the PDF manual for download.
    Only for the AU version. And this does not mention a version, which is the worst thing for a manual at all.

    EDIT: I contacted the developer for both a download of the PDF manual and also a fix of the AU PDF to include the App version it is referring to and the document version.

  • @Frenq said:
    To be more specific is there an app that can produce a bass note that matches the played chord? I often use my hands for playing 2 controllers with 2 chords which have no deep bass or without playing the bass. Hope you will understand my question. So a low bass note generator with follows the played chords. I don't need a full bass sequence like iBassist, i own it already, but just a chord following bass note.

    I understand what you are asking for, unfortunately I don’t have the answer but a real bright spark will probably know eventually . For now you can use chordion, you can play chords with one finger and play the bass notes/scale to that chord with the other finger at any octave above or below. Might be useful to you maybe. The midi channels from the chords and the bass notes can be different so you can route to different synths.

  • edited August 10

    @Frenq said:
    To be more specific is there an app that can produce a bass note that matches the played chord? I often use my hands for playing 2 controllers with 2 chords which have no deep bass or without playing the bass. Hope you will understand my question. So a low bass note generator with follows the played chords. I don't need a full bass sequence like iBassist, i own it already, but just a chord following bass note.

    Guitarism can do this. You can send chords on one midi channel and bass on another midi channel. When you tap the chord buttons, the bass note will be triggered with the chord.

    Details: http://www.rhism.com/guitarismQuadroplay.html

  • @Trueyorky said:

    @Frenq said:
    To be more specific is there an app that can produce a bass note that matches the played chord? I often use my hands for playing 2 controllers with 2 chords which have no deep bass or without playing the bass. Hope you will understand my question. So a low bass note generator with follows the played chords. I don't need a full bass sequence like iBassist, i own it already, but just a chord following bass note.

    Check SoundPrism and Chordion apps :smile:

    SoundPrism Pro cannot do this, as far as I understand, but Link Edition and Electro have some similar feature. Did forget about them.

    And Chordion can do the same? Interesting.

    Still, some way to split the lowest note away and handle it separately by an App would be the mist generic way, as you can use any instrument then or just MIDI tracks.

    So, MidiFlow still seems to be the best bet. Going to check this.

  • @TrevorLlewellyn said:

    @Frenq said:
    To be more specific is there an app that can produce a bass note that matches the played chord? I often use my hands for playing 2 controllers with 2 chords which have no deep bass or without playing the bass. Hope you will understand my question. So a low bass note generator with follows the played chords. I don't need a full bass sequence like iBassist, i own it already, but just a chord following bass note.

    I understand what you are asking for, unfortunately I don’t have the answer but a real bright spark will probably know eventually . For now you can use chordion, you can play chords with one finger and play the bass notes/scale to that chord with the other finger at any octave above or below. Might be useful to you maybe. The midi channels from the chords and the bass notes can be different so you can route to different synths.

    Then YOU would play the bass.
    It was asked that the app can do this, from the lowest chord note played.

    Two of the SoundPrism Apps can do this!

    But as I said, MidiFlow would be way better.

  • @tja said:

    @TrevorLlewellyn said:

    @Frenq said:
    To be more specific is there an app that can produce a bass note that matches the played chord? I often use my hands for playing 2 controllers with 2 chords which have no deep bass or without playing the bass. Hope you will understand my question. So a low bass note generator with follows the played chords. I don't need a full bass sequence like iBassist, i own it already, but just a chord following bass note.

    I understand what you are asking for, unfortunately I don’t have the answer but a real bright spark will probably know eventually . For now you can use chordion, you can play chords with one finger and play the bass notes/scale to that chord with the other finger at any octave above or below. Might be useful to you maybe. The midi channels from the chords and the bass notes can be different so you can route to different synths.

    Then YOU would play the bass.
    It was asked that the app can do this, from the lowest chord note played.

    Two of the SoundPrism Apps can do this!

    But as I said, MidiFlow would be way better.

    Yep, you are correct, bass needs to be played.

  • @Moloch75 said:

    @Frenq said:
    To be more specific is there an app that can produce a bass note that matches the played chord? I often use my hands for playing 2 controllers with 2 chords which have no deep bass or without playing the bass. Hope you will understand my question. So a low bass note generator with follows the played chords. I don't need a full bass sequence like iBassist, i own it already, but just a chord following bass note.

    Guitarism can do this. You can send chords on one midi channel and bass on another midi channel. When you tap the chord buttons, the bass note will be triggered with the chord.

    Details: http://www.rhism.com/guitarismQuadroplay.html

    Awesome!

  • You seemed to dismiss iBassist but it seems ideal for this, it has chord detection and if you don’t want a pattern, you could just program a simple long note. This could either be played by one of the in-app basses, or potentially could be sent out to the synth of your choice.

  • @tja said:.

    But how to select the lowest note only in StepPolyArp to be shifted down an octave before send to the second Synth?

    If you can't get the midi filter working, a cruder way would be to do it in audio with a low pass filter, either in the synth or after it.

  • edited August 11

    I don't own the app, but isn't this possible with https://audeonic.com/streambyter/ ?

    Looking at this thread, I'd say you can basically do anything...

    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/26949/streambyter-auv3-out-now-all-the-midi-control-you-could-ask-for/

  • Anything you’re clever enough to program anyway :wink:

  • tjatja
    edited August 11

    @rthr said:
    I don't own the app, but isn't this possible with https://audeonic.com/streambyter/ ?

    Looking at this thread, I'd say you can basically do anything...

    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/26949/streambyter-auv3-out-now-all-the-midi-control-you-could-ask-for/

    Yes, seems like a good idea.

    I would like to do both things:

    1) Change single notes into chords
    This is possible with ChordPolyPad and a selected sequence of chords.
    Sadly, again and again, I run into problems with MIDI from this App.

    2) Separate the lowest note from chords
    I am trying to set this up with MidiFlow.

    I also like how 1) could be handled in StepPolyArp, but for this to work, you need the Scale within this App.
    Sadly StepPolyArp does not support the White-Keys Scale, for example, to get CM, Dm, Em, FM, GM, Am, Bdim - At least, I cannot get this to work :(

    And if I had the AU version, 2) could also be done by StepPolyArp.
    Just with one line of -12 and a single long pattern, I think.

    The goal would be, to just write melody lines, that get changed into chords in one MIDI track and a bass line in another MIDI track. Instant song :)

    Orrrrr, @SevenSystems adds an IAP that can do this ;) ;) ;)

  • Have a look at the changeling app. For changing single keys to chords

  • tjatja
    edited August 11

    @BiancaNeve said:
    Have a look at the changeling app. For changing single keys to chords

    @BiancaNeve said:
    Have a look at the changeling app. For changing single keys to chords

    The description really sound interesting.
    Will check YouTube for some examples, thanks!

    But I will also try to get this running with the Apps I already have.

  • @hisdudeness said:

    @tja said:

    @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    You could use a midi program to split out the bottom note in your keyboard voicing, and send it to a bass synth. Maybe through an arpeggiator--like Rozeta or Step Polyarp, or Perforator--to get some extra rhythm.

    Very interesting!
    Which App could split the lowest MIDI note to separate it?

    One of the Midiflow apps ..

    I checked all MidiFlow Apps I have and cannot find one who seems to be able to split the lowest note to a new channel or something similar.

    Are you sure that this is possible?

  • @tja said:

    @hisdudeness said:

    @tja said:

    @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    You could use a midi program to split out the bottom note in your keyboard voicing, and send it to a bass synth. Maybe through an arpeggiator--like Rozeta or Step Polyarp, or Perforator--to get some extra rhythm.

    Very interesting!
    Which App could split the lowest MIDI note to separate it?

    One of the Midiflow apps ..

    I checked all MidiFlow Apps I have and cannot find one who seems to be able to split the lowest note to a new channel or something similar.

    Are you sure that this is possible?

    With Midiflow splitter you can restrict the range .. with midiflow channels to get to define which channels the note go to ..and yes you can use multiple instances in Audiobus...with note remapper you can map only for single bass note .....e.g CDEF .. map all to only C

    I myself have the main Midiflow app which can do both of the above and even create multiple virtual ports

  • @hisdudeness said:

    @tja said:

    @hisdudeness said:

    @tja said:

    @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    You could use a midi program to split out the bottom note in your keyboard voicing, and send it to a bass synth. Maybe through an arpeggiator--like Rozeta or Step Polyarp, or Perforator--to get some extra rhythm.

    Very interesting!
    Which App could split the lowest MIDI note to separate it?

    One of the Midiflow apps ..

    I checked all MidiFlow Apps I have and cannot find one who seems to be able to split the lowest note to a new channel or something similar.

    Are you sure that this is possible?

    With Midiflow splitter you can restrict the range .. with midiflow channels to get to define which channels the note go to ..and yes you can use multiple instances in Audiobus...with note remapper you can map only for single bass note .....e.g CDEF .. map all to only C

    I myself have the main Midiflow app which can do both of the above and even create multiple virtual ports

    I have the main MidiFlow App, as seen above.

    You refer to the Controller Remapping IAP?
    Don't have that, will get it!

  • I think I noticed that already earlier:

    Some stuff referred to by the App just does not exist anymore / yet.

    https://www.midiflow.com/inapppurchases/controllerSends

    Not good, @JohannesD (right nick?)
    Better check all of that links...

  • Thanks all for thinking with me but wouldn't it be better to have a little app that does this. Just a base line chord following note app. No iBassist, no rhythm, just a simple low bass note follower. I would be so handy and extend the (my) music.

Sign In or Register to comment.