Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OpenLabs Stagelight coming to iOS

1234568»

Comments

• @Jumpercollins said:
    StageLight Is due to be released next week so have these pennies ready. No it doesn’t have Ableton Link as yet. But the new sampler instrument is pretty unique is MPE has SFZ import and its own multi synth engine.

How much will it cost?
    What does MPE and SFZ mean?
    Will it come with a manual ? 😺

• edited November 2018

Don’t know what it will cost for sure, but on Android it’s free with iaps to unlock features and buy sound packs. I guess it will be the same on iOS.

MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE). MPE is a method of using MIDI which enables multidimensional controllers to control multiple parameters of every note within MPE-compatible software. Think ROLI blocks etc.

SFZ is a type of sound font - ie you can download lots of instruments off the net.

• Hope they crack AU midi on this

• It has midi learn and great automation which is neat.

Yes my number 1 request after launch will be AU midi and midi cross track which it desperately needs with all the new midi AU apps that are out there now. Been told it’s on their features list to add after launch.

Hopefully IAA hosting will come aswell so we can use all the IAA only apps.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE). MPE is a method of using MIDI which enables multidimensional controllers to control multiple parameters of every note within MPE-compatible software. Think ROLI blocks etc.

SFZ is a type of sound font - ie you can download lots of instruments off the net.

Well that sounds impressive.......multidimensional and multiple parameters.... though it also sounds like being lost inside a bowl of spaghetti already for me.... I think I will definitely be needing a manual 🤔

• @robosardine said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Well that sounds impressive.......multidimensional and multiple parameters.... though it also sounds like being lost inside a bowl of spaghetti already for me.... I think I will definitely be needing a manual 🤔

It comes with built in lessons.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    It has midi learn and great automation which is neat.

Yes my number 1 request after launch will be AU midi and midi cross track which it desperately needs with all the new midi AU apps that are out there now. Been told it’s on their features list to add after launch.

Hope it doesn’t give us the hint that AU midi is an after thought. Look at Cubasis, Auria Pro and BM3 - all have AU midi, but none of them are well baked in IMO

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Hope it doesn’t give us the hint that AU midi is an after thought. Look at Cubasis, Auria Pro and BM3 - all have AU midi, but none of them are well baked in IMO

Au midi didn’t even exist on iOS when Cubasis and Auria were released.

• edited November 2018

@BiancaNeve said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Au midi didn’t even exist on iOS when Cubasis and Auria were released.

That’s true. So is that lots of things didn’t exist on windows and Mac when Cubase or Logic when they were first released lol

• edited November 2018

MPE!!!!!!! Nomnomnomnomnom :# :# :#

I’m truly excited about this release. Do we have any sense of what the cost will be like? Is there an option for preorder discount?

• edited November 2018

Preorder discounts have ended, but perhaps there will be more later I don’t know. Price will certainly be in 20/30 dollars range, but they’ve said it will be for StageLight 4 updates and features unlock. When StageLight 5 will come it will be needed to buy SL5 unlock, but you will still be able to use version 4. If they do one version per year that is more than acceptable, supposing they fix bugs, add features, listen to users etc. It’s better than subscription and more like Bitwig marketing scheme. If you don’t want to buy new versions anymore you will not loose all your work like with subscriptions apps. Development needs to be paid on iOS, this will lead to better quality music apps.

• That sounds reasonable to me, especially if the workflow is great on phones. I also agree on the upsides of the pay per year of updates, keep access to that over pure subscription. Sounds like they have a solid plan for growth and their own longevity - matters a lot for us users given how quickly this platform is evolving!

• That’s why I believe in Stagelight. The main app will always work and survive iOS updates and a user can stay forever in the current version if new versions don’t bring interesting features .
    It’s the best market plan I’ve seen in an iOS app . (Not recommended for toy-just-for-fun-hyped music apps)

• @Korakios said:
    That’s why I believe in Stagelight. The main app will always work and survive iOS updates and a user can stay forever in the current version if new versions don’t bring interesting features .
    It’s the best market plan I’ve seen in an iOS app . (Not recommended for toy-just-for-fun-hyped music apps)

+1

• Did anyone beta testing for StageLight actually get the latest build notification on TestFlight since the update yesterday ?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Did anyone beta testing for StageLight actually get the latest build notification on TestFlight since the update yesterday ?

Nothing yet

• How does the midi clock work? Trying to sync with beatstep pro cant get it to work

• Hi! How do you delete a track in stagelight. Can’t figure out how to do that. Thanks

• @fattigman said:
    Hi! How do you delete a track in stagelight. Can’t figure out how to do that. Thanks

Press the arrow on the lower left—on the panel that opens up tap the cog wheel and there’s a drop down menu where you can delete the track.

• @Hansson said:
    How does the midi clock work? Trying to sync with beatstep pro cant get it to work

Perhaps here?

• @hightunnels said:

@fattigman said:
    Hi! How do you delete a track in stagelight. Can’t figure out how to do that. Thanks

Press the arrow on the lower left—on the panel that opens up tap the cog wheel and there’s a drop down menu where you can delete the track.

Thanks a lot @hightunnels