Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OpenLabs Stagelight coming to iOS

Comments

• Currently having crashes trying to read plugins funny old thing like a desktop daw hangover ! Oh well hopefully a fix will come. Reported to the board!

• @Jumpercollins said:
    No we are talking AU support!

Wow.. That’s fast..

• Apparently there is a problem with the AU scanner and cloud saving and Apple released the beta update before they put notes in the release!

• For these that are testing.

Notes from the team.

Happy Friday Everyone,

Stagelight 4 Beta 2 is rolling out now for Windows, macOS, Android and iOS.

A few things to note!

This beta includes mostly bug fixes across all platforms.... While I hoped to include the some additional new features, we're pushing them off to betas 3 and 4 as they still need some work and one of our main developers was on vacation this week. I'm going to start posting more info and small videos showcasing them soon! Thank you all for being patient and baring with us!

Now for the good stuff!
    Due to overwhelming requests for AUv3 support we're pushing back our launch date into October and that feature will make the first release! With that said iOS testers can start testing AUv3 plugins ..... STARTING NOW!

Known iOS issues:
    Some third part AUs may not been seen by Stagelight until they have been launched in another host..... We're working on the fix now and it will be in a future beta.

iOS 12: I know the GM is out, but we still have a startup crash that persists on iOS 12. We'll be updating our mac tools in the next two weeks to tackle this. If you are on iOS 12, it can take a few attempts to launch Stagelight.

We're also still working on our file management, this should be in beta 3 as well. In the meantime, if you want to make a mix down, you'll have to use the SoundCloud option for now.

• These guys are amazing, aren't they!? :smiley:

• @david_2017 said:
    These guys are amazing, aren't they!? :smiley:

Yep!

• Weird. I didn’t receive my iOS TestFlight but I’ve been in the group for about a week now.

• Scanning plugins is a drag. I got 204 and it’s taken half a hour to reach 100 ! We back with desktop problems on iOS ! You need to open GarageBand first before doing this to make it work.

• The devs couldn’t believe I had 204 plugins on iOS told them that there is probably a few people on this forum with that many music apps! Got to 100 this time on scanning before the damm app crashed ! Time for bed I think try again tomorrow anyone else having major problems due to the amount of apps they have ?

• Got my phone version working. Kauldrum in Stagelight!

• @Jumpercollins said:
    The devs couldn’t believe I had 204 plugins on iOS told them that there is probably a few people on this forum with that many music apps! Got to 100 this time on scanning before the damm app crashed ! Time for bed I think try again tomorrow anyone else having major problems due to the amount of apps they have ?

I only have 61 and scanned pretty fast. Works well so far

• @hansjbs said:
    Weird. I didn’t receive my iOS TestFlight but I’ve been in the group for about a week now.

There is a post there where most people have this problem. You send the dev an email with the Apple ID mail so he can add you to TestFlight (can’t post the mail in public)

The weird think is that the desktop app wants access to many things including files on Google drive . I hope it’s safe ,for uploading projects or files only ....

• wimwim
    edited September 2018

Does the Stagelight beta program allow all this disclousure on public forums?! Highly unusual.

• We seems to go AU for initial release!!! Great. Now some deep beta testing and debugging! Those guys listen to users :smile:

• edited September 2018

And crash
    Edit - still downloading in the background

• wimwim
    edited September 2018

Looks like a developer assuming VST practices apply to iOS. It’s typical of Windows VST hosts to try to load each plugin while scanning. I never heard of iOS apps doing such a thing.

But seriously? You guys are free to discuss beta test results and features publicy? Could be ... but if not I’d hate to see y’all booted from the beta program. I hope you know what you’re doing.

• Wow 200 😮
    I got 100. which ones did I miss :wink:

• edited September 2018

Talking freely features is ok. But talking bugs not so. It’s a beta and there are bugs. Normal thing, it’s all about software development. We shouldn’t talk here about that, it’s for Google+ private group. Come on guys, it’s common sense!! ;)

• iOS 12 has fixed the scanning issues which is great hopefully smooth times ahead.

• Nice. Looks like good news for iOS 12 so far

• edited September 2018

Its a beta release, first one with AU support. It will for sure load as fast as it should with iOS 11/12 on final release. Again I think such information shouln't be discussed here, as this can give bad impression to AB forum readers concerning the app. Just my opinion. All beta versions at very earlier stage have lot of issues, and it's their first attempt on iOS. I think that if they do the job, THIS WILL BE THE GAME CHANGER in iOS music production. Period. I'm very happy to report bugs and make suggestions to Stagelight devs, I've got big hopes on that one to be the killer app I want on my iPhone since I started making music on iOS :smiley:

• Open labs have just dropped the RC1 beta version so this new DAW should be released pretty soon unless they hit some show stoppers get your pennies ready !

• edited November 2018

Had fun trying this out.

• @Littlewoodg said:

For them not familiar:
    http://us.openlabs.com

Discuss...

"full MPE support"
    Any beta testers who can confirm that?

• edited November 2018

@tiantong said:

@Littlewoodg said:

For them not familiar:

Discuss...

"full MPE support"

I’m beta testing the new instrument states it has it, haven’t got a seaboard block to test so can’t confirm. They are still refining the editing of MPE.

SFZ import with some of the instruments is possible so that will please a lot.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@tiantong said:

@Littlewoodg said:

For them not familiar:

Discuss...

"full MPE support"

I’m beta testing the new instrument states it has it, haven’t got a seaboard block to test so can’t confirm. They are still refining the editing of MPE.

SFZ import with some of the instruments is possible so that will please a lot.

👍

I may purchase in due time if there comes "decent" MPE support. The Linnstrument is my instrument :O

• Quick video from Open Labs showing off the new Sampleverse instrument inside StageLight 4.

• But does it have Ableton Link?

• edited November 2018

StageLight Is due to be released next week so have these pennies ready. No it doesn’t have Ableton Link as yet. But the new sampler instrument is pretty unique is MPE has SFZ import and its own multi synth engine.