Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OpenLabs Stagelight coming to iOS

Comments

• The best tutorial video I found.

• Those sound packs though.. All “Chill beats”, and KORG Electribe Wave sounding things.

• @Korakios said:

@tja said:
    I tried to apply to the beta, but am not willing to connect my Google account with my Apple ID.

They should have written that before i answered all the questions.

Badly done.

How is it possible to connect the Google account with the Apple ID ?

BTW the app looks good :)

Quite easy, in giving someone both email adresses.

• @tja said:

@Korakios said:

@tja said:
    I tried to apply to the beta, but am not willing to connect my Google account with my Apple ID.

Badly done.

Not false. Google+ thing is useless for us but not for them.

• edited September 2018

@Jumpercollins said:
    Nice drum automation

Anyone got the midi export file generated by this? Stage light don’t show up in iTunes... no file support... or will the ‘ios Unlock’ help gain access to the content?

• @Littlewoodg said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Telstar5 said:
    T @Littlewoodg : Do you use it on desktop? Obviously we couldn’t use VST on iOS..

Ja I use it on a Surface Pro 3
    Mentioned the VST there, along with user samples because I was trying to disclose fully that I’m enjoying the app using those 2 IAP (VST access and user sample loading)

@Janosax said:
    Is there a way to play loops in session view and record performance in arrangement view like Live or GB? Or not yet?

Beta installed here, interesting... on iPhone I find writings a bit hard to read.

You can record the loop performance to timeline view, I think since 2.4...

@eross the AUv3 is mentioned up thread, Open Labs expressed a plan to move on that, coming up. Not sure about IAA. Files app suppprt and AUv3 are the main wishlist items for me.

I don’t find how to record loop performance on iPhone. There is not hold rec button list.

• @Jumpercollins said:

Loads of automation options !

@Jumpercollins said:

@Jumpercollins said:

No tempo..??!!!

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Automation works on built in instruments tightly but no so on vst on the windows version so suspect the same will be for external AU.

Nice work on helping them get up to speed with iOS music making. I am able to automate VST parameters on Windows, testing with the SoundToys Decapitator. I've always liked how it exposes the parameters of 3rd party VSTs in a touch friendly way with the "Show Parameters" switch, and hope that makes it to this version.

• A few things I found out today if you long press the record button in the transport bar it gives you all the record options ie how to record in clip and session view at once or just automation or straight record.

Also if you long press a audio track bar it opens up at least on Android and Windows to the internal file system. They are still trying to sort out iOS.

If you press the key symbol in the transport that gives you key lock (hit the right arrow first, it’s hidden away) and you can change the keyboard style.

Tempo is under the BPM.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    A few things I found out today if you long press the record button in the transport bar it gives you all the record options ie how to record in clip and session view at once or just automation or straight record.

Also if you long press a audio track bar it opens up at least on Android and Windows to the internal file system. They are still trying to sort out iOS.

If you press the key symbol in the transport that gives you key lock (hit the right arrow first, it’s hidden away) and you can change the keyboard style.

Tempo is under the BPM.

I meant tempo automation above.

• @Multicellular said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    A few things I found out today if you long press the record button in the transport bar it gives you all the record options ie how to record in clip and session view at once or just automation or straight record.

Tempo is under the BPM.

I meant tempo automation above.

Oh I see what you ask now. I’m pretty sure it doesn’t have global tempo automation, I’m still picking my way through it.

• @Janosax said:

@tja said:

@Korakios said:

@tja said:

Badly done.

Not false. Google+ thing is useless for us but not for them.

Not true ... I find it impossible to connect the 2 accounts. Even if using google servers to store my Apple email/password or using iOS mail app for my google mail there is technically no way to connect G+ with the Apple ID .
    Won’t further comment, but needed to clarify this .

• edited September 2018

I haven’t gone deep at all in it yet, but this thing seems to have the potential to be an equivalent of Ableton Live on iOS!! Very promising. If they add AU Files and Link support we’re there. There is already nice session/arrangement modes, automations even on clips, freezing, etc...

As being said writings are hard to read but there are settings for scaling GUI and change buttons size.

Sounds are not thick as I’d like but AU will be the answer to that. Haven’t test yet their internal effects.

Link and IAA or at least AU input is necessary for using apps like apeMatrix, AUM or Blocswave for a full featured iOS DAW.

Files is of course absolutely necessary.

I have to test it more deeply to see if the workflow fit me well or not, but it seems pretty classic so it should be ok.

Desktop version is very interesting to have.

Also we need to see how is their marketing and if it’s not too closed and fully IAP oriented. A bit is cool but too much is invasive.

I’d like to know also how is midi and especially audio editing on parts. It’s important to have something convenient and powerful here.

• edited September 2018

@Janosax : Yes the sounds don’t seem to be very meaty at all. None of them. It just doesn’t sound good. For all it’s flaws at least Reason compact sounds great .

• edited September 2018

@Telstar5 said:
    @Janosax : Yes the sounds don’t seem to be very meaty at all. None of them. It just doesn’t sound good. For all it’s flaws at least Reason compact sounds great .

I’m not having that experience myself - getting fatness with both sample based and synth sounds.
    Also am using the full package of synths and goodies...

• @Littlewoodg said:

@Telstar5 said:

I’m not having that experience myself - getting fatness with both sample based and synth sounds.

You mean IAPs?

• wimwim
    edited September 2018

Downloaded the desktop version (3.1, not the beta). Wtf? You have to log in to save a project?

Deleted.

• @Janosax said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Telstar5 said:

You mean IAPs?

Yep. I bought in when I started using it again on a Windows tablet a few weeks ago (when I heard 4 was coming)

• @Janosax said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Telstar5 said:

You mean IAPs?

@Littlewoodg : Did you get the whole storepass thing for $149.95 (I think they were Have I g a special for $99.95). All I see are “dub/chill/beat box” EDM type packs. No acoustic guitars, jazz or horn section or orchestral music sound packs .

• @Telstar5 said:

@Janosax said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Telstar5 said:

You mean IAPs?

@Littlewoodg : Did you get the whole storepass thing for $149.95 (I think they were Have I g a special for $99.95). All I see are “dub/chill/beat box” EDM type packs. No acoustic guitars, jazz or horn section or orchestral music sound packs .

I did get the store pass- the full catalogue covers cinematic, world, rock, hip hop, etc. along with yer house and trap (talking about loops, and kits). Instruments presets include acoustic (sample based) stuff, elec piano and organ, strings, including nice electric guitar. And the three osc synth is capable of plenty or range beyond EDM

• edited September 2018

@Littlewoodg : Interesting, thanks.. Judging from your comments is it safe to assume you think that this is the best DAW we have right now on iOS?

• edited September 2018

@Telstar5 said:
    @Littlewoodg : Interesting, thanks.. Judging from your comments is it safe to assume you think that this is the best DAW we have right now on iOS?

I’m a fan of the app since I bought it for Windows. I’m glad its coming to iOS, and I’m hoping the developers will be as smart on iOS as they have been so far everywhere else.

What I like about Stagelight is the loopbuilder-record-to-timeline workflow. Playing with midi and audio loops and recording to timeline is what I’ve always wanted on iOS, and Stagelight pulls it off in a very direct way.

To be a real contender on iOS they’ll need the requisites: Files App support, AB3 support, AUv3 support (instruments, fx, midi), IAA, AudioShare support. Etc...!?

Is it the best DAW on iOS? No such thing. Best DAW on iOS for me? I’m too fickle to pick just one. The workflow and cross platform integration put it on my top tier.

• Thanks!👍

• edited September 2018

How works their licences? Can you buy multi platform licences or do you have to buy them separately? Any idea on final iOS version price?

Also, can you reverse audio parts? Don’t find the option. Pitch automation should be good to have too.

More automation enveloppes capabilities and hello iOS Ableton!! Not quite there.

• interesting ...

• edited September 2018

@Janosax said:
    How works their licences? Can you buy multi platform licences or do you have to buy them separately? Any idea on final iOS version price?

Also, can you reverse audio parts? Don’t find the option. Pitch automation should be good to have too.

More automation enveloppes capabilities and hello iOS Ableton!! Not quite there.

@Janosax The ultimate unlock v3 for Windows, MacOS, Android is currently on sale for $29.99 or you can purchase for what operating system you want for $20.

Before you buy if you going for a desktop package make sure you check it includes VST/AU support if you need that. They changed the packages around since I got the original desktop so it’s all been changed.

Your have to wait till this app is AppStore live before seeing the iOS prices hopefully they will have a release sale I suspect $20 to unlock. But don’t quote me!

• Hope they change the ultimate unlock to include all platforms (and iOS ) .
    The price for iOS maybe less than 20$ ...

Still ,the sounds did not impressed me and I will certainly wait for full AU support even if it will cost me more ...

The save function doesn’t seem to work . Maybe I have to register first ,will try later, but honestly I hope it doesn’t require to be online every time you want to save the project....

• I take my time and will test every feature and also wait for AUV3 support to come. BM3 iPhone support is still not there after one year.

• edited September 2018

There is even a referral link ! Besides me earning ,anyone who registers with the link gets 1$ credit points B)

http://www.openlabs.com/RS?RC=SL-185479

Update : once creating an account and register you can save the project and it doesn’t require you to be online :)

• edited September 2018

Can’t believe there is no reverse capabilities in audio editor. I can’t have a definitive opinion for now, but it feels to me a bit « light » with deeper features. And everything is a bit too small on iPhone too. And very iap oriented and you need to log in for saving, etc... I’m usually not a big fan of that marketing scheme...

What are your feelings about that app?