Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OpenLabs Stagelight coming to iOS

Comments

• edited September 2018

Had this answer back from Matt they are opening the iOS DAW to AU apps once the beta finished on initial release.

Quote.

We have not implemented external au support yet, but it is planned shortly after the initial release.

• @Janosax said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@Janosax said:
    Will it be universal?

Yes it is and as far as I know the beta sign up still open

Where do you subscribe to beta?

Try this link

http://us.openlabs.com/support/

• Dit it. But I don't understand why they ask the provider of my phone.......

• @Korakios said:
    Dit it. But I don't understand why they ask the provider of my phone.......

Didn’t understood too...

• @Janosax said:

@Korakios said:
    Dit it. But I don't understand why they ask the provider of my phone.......

Didn’t understood too...

I actually got onto it via a email link as I subscribe to their newsletter as have had the desktop windows version for 2 years now. Wasn’t asked about a phone provider via that link I’m sure. You could always make it up!

• Can wait for this to get AU support now it’s gonna be fab. So easy to transfer one project from iPhone to iPad then to laptop if needed.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@Janosax said:
    Will it be universal?

where do you sign up?

• edited September 2018

@eross said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@Janosax said:
    Will it be universal?

where do you sign up?

@Jumpercollins said:

@Janosax said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@Janosax said:
    Will it be universal?

Try this link

• @Korakios said:

@eross said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@Janosax said:
    Will it be universal?

where do you sign up?

@Jumpercollins said:

@Janosax said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@Janosax said:
    Will it be universal?

Try this link

thanks that worked.

• Just curious... & I know its early days, being in Beta, etc...... I saw on YouTube about importing Midi files, & Importing Wav files...but can you warp audio files (like ableton live?)… Out of Interest?

• Ok you can freeze VST midi tracks on Windows and probably on Mac and then transfer the song to the iOS version of Stagelight and the audio is bounced inside the project to your iOS device neat.

• What about Ableton Link?

• @RajahP said:
    What about Ableton Link?

No link as yet

• @RajahP said:
    What about Ableton Link?

I’ve asked the dev team the question I hope they give a option on windows at least to change the black gui colour as u get to much glare off it during the day trying to read it.

• Been fun testing this one.

• Loads of automation options !

• Testing as well and can confirm that it's really good. Once (if) they add integration (AU, AB3, Link), this will be a really big deal.

• I tried to apply to the beta, but am not willing to connect my Google account with my Apple ID.

They should have written that before i answered all the questions.

Badly done.

• edited September 2018

Is there a way to play loops in session view and record performance in arrangement view like Live or GB? Or not yet?

Beta installed here, interesting... on iPhone I find writings a bit hard to read.

• @tja said:
    I tried to apply to the beta, but am not willing to connect my Google account with my Apple ID.

They should have written that before i answered all the questions.

Badly done.

How is it possible to connect the Google account with the Apple ID ?

BTW the app looks good :)

• @Jumpercollins said:

Loads of automation options !

@Jumpercollins said:

Loads of automation options !

so are you stuck with internal instruments or can you use
    IAA and Au plugins synths and effects in the app?

• @Littlewoodg said:

@Telstar5 said:
    T @Littlewoodg : Do you use it on desktop? Obviously we couldn’t use VST on iOS..

Ja I use it on a Surface Pro 3
    Mentioned the VST there, along with user samples because I was trying to disclose fully that I’m enjoying the app using those 2 IAP (VST access and user sample loading)

@Janosax said:
    Is there a way to play loops in session view and record performance in arrangement view like Live or GB? Or not yet?

Beta installed here, interesting... on iPhone I find writings a bit hard to read.

You can record the loop performance to timeline view, I think since 2.4...

@eross the AUv3 is mentioned up thread, Open Labs expressed a plan to move on that, coming up. Not sure about IAA. Files app suppprt and AUv3 are the main wishlist items for me.

• Good app for writing without being caught up in too many choices! Less distractions.

• @Stephan523 said:
    Good app for writing without being caught up in too many choices! Less distractions.

Are you kidding? The $149.95 “Store pass “ contains over 8,500 sounds!

• You don’t need all that. Use the basic kit. I have spent far too much on extras.

• edited September 2018

I been asking the devs questions all day. AU support is planned on initial release. Ableton Link is planned also at some point. They are also planning on a load more tutorial videos as I asked about showing how to use the 3 new recording modes. I asked if the gui can be switched to have a lighter mode also and they are considering it. Hopefully files support will come to import own drum samples.

Automation works on built in instruments tightly but no so on vst on the windows version so suspect the same will be for external AU. They are bringing out a new MPE Sample Instrument in s further update which sounds interesting.

I had $10 dollars left on my account yesterday so put that toward the Windows pro unlock V3. From the purchase my account now been credited with $15 dollars so that should pay for the iOS unlock once it comes out of beta. If you put in the coupon code “iosbeta” it will unlock the beta to all the features as Apple don’t allow developers to charge for beta testing.

The core app is free as far as I know.

@Janosax Agreed the writing is hard to read on a iPhone especially mine it’s a SE.

• @Littlewoodg said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Telstar5 said:
    T @Littlewoodg : Do you use it on desktop? Obviously we couldn’t use VST on iOS..

Ja I use it on a Surface Pro 3
    Mentioned the VST there, along with user samples because I was trying to disclose fully that I’m enjoying the app using those 2 IAP (VST access and user sample loading)

@Janosax said:

You can record the loop performance to timeline view, I think since 2.4...

@eross the AUv3 is mentioned up thread, Open Labs expressed a plan to move on that, coming up. Not sure about IAA. Files app suppprt and AUv3 are the main wishlist items for me.

Files app and iCloud support is coming according to dev.

• @giku_beepstreet Here’s a question off the bat for Windows and Mac users with a iPad.

Once Stagelight gets AU support if you own apps like Sunrizer on desktop and iPad will you be able to create a track using Sunrizer on your iPad and continue working on the track on the desktop version of Stagelight by using the transfer song option without freezing the track to audio? Or is there a Apple limitation on this?

• I noticed on some of the instruments there is a option to import SFZ files.

• Nice drum automation