Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OpenLabs Stagelight coming to iOS

Comments

• Modstep 2 (with audio loops) and that’s it.

• @Telstar5 said:
    @Littlewoodg : Is it just me or do all the sounds on there sound thin and classy? No real analogue type meat to them . Almost Casio -like

On the demo vid or the software itself?

• @Littlewoodg : I don’t have the software so yeah in the demos and in everything I’ve ever heard on YouTube . Just sounds thin.

• @Telstar5 said:
    @Littlewoodg : I don’t have the software so yeah in the demos and in everything I’ve ever heard on YouTube . Just sounds thin.

I don’t find the software itself, the in-app sounds and presets to be thin at all. I don’t expect much from audio in YouTubes and demos generally. There are some sound cloud demos on their site, but I’ve heard here that the audio on SC is also questionable

Free to download and test on your system...don’t trust me I’m an old dude with shitty hearing (I’ve got a bad ear, just not sure if it’s the left one or the right :))

• @Telstar5 said:
    @Littlewoodg : Is it just me or do all the sounds on there sound thin and glassy? No real analogue type meat to them . Almost Casio -like

There's a lot of different instruments in there, one of which is a full-blown subtractive synth that sounds as good as most (strangely most of the parameters are hidden away by default, giving the impression that its much simpler than it really is). If AU support comes then it won't really be an issue anyway...

• edited August 2018

@legsmechanical said:

@Telstar5 said:
    @Littlewoodg : Is it just me or do all the sounds on there sound thin and glassy? No real analogue type meat to them . Almost Casio -like

There's a lot of different instruments in there, one of which is a full-blown subtractive synth that sounds as good as most (strangely most of the parameters are hidden away by default, giving the impression that its much simpler than it really is). If AU support comes then it won't really be an issue anyway...

I’ve played with the stuff that comes with the software and bought into the sound packs, and I’m having my joyful time making the music I want to make. For a minimal investment I’m also able to use VST and user samples, and the included sounds and instruments hold up very well against top sound ware and plugs. As you say if Open Labs opens to AUv3 and File...that would put the question aside, but also might demonstrate that what comes onboard stands up damn well when compared to the goodies we enjoy in our other DAWs on iOS.

• T @Littlewoodg : Do you use it on desktop? Obviously we couldn’t use VST on iOS..

• @Dubbylabby said:
    Modstep 2 (with audio loops) and that’s it.

Modstep 1.4 a bit more polished would be already huge...

• edited August 2018

@Telstar5 said:
    T @Littlewoodg : Do you use it on desktop? Obviously we couldn’t use VST on iOS..

Ja I use it on a Surface Pro 3
    Mentioned the VST there, along with user samples because I was trying to disclose fully that I’m enjoying the app using those 2 IAP (VST access and user sample loading)

I’m hoping as OpenLabs gets into iOS they will avail themselves of the vst-style powers of the AUv3 iOS standard

• Signed up for the iOS beta yesterday after getting the email. Meant to be out in the next week or 2.

• The beta dropping this week. Quote from dev on Google + beta group.

Our plan is to release beta 1 later this week. Stay tuned

• I’ll wait for Stage Pro...

• Hopefully out tomorrow in beta.

• @Jumpercollins : That means not for us mere mortals, right?

• edited August 2018

Nice on screen keyboard! Anticipating this highly for it may be just the nugget I need to stay all ios completely.

• It’s a public beta anyone can join.

• edited August 2018

@Telstar5 here’s the link just scroll down on the web page.

You may have to register with them first. I have the software on my laptop so got the link via email. It’s requires a google + sign up as it’s a group.

http://us.openlabs.com/support/

• Don’t wanna google + account. They know too much already. Now I read they are even buying up MasterCard transaction details for offline transactions.

• So the beta is out. What I like about Stagelight is how you can start a project on 1 device and finish it off on another be it iPad or laptop. Just hope they open it up to IAA and AU as currently can see any options to bring outside apps in anyone else downloaded the beta and found out if they opened it it up to external instruments?

• It’s good to see midi learn built in off the bat for a DAW. I think this will find a place on iOS once people get there head around the IAP system which works like a store unlike any other app on iOS. Doesn’t look like it’s open yet for IAA or AU only MACOS for now. It’s expensive to go for the complete package currently Storepass is $149.99. To get up and running on iOS on a decent level is about $14.99. This DAW is a ecosystem all on its own to be honest.

• It’s good to see a clip launching style DAW come to iOS. It’s not up there with the Bitwig and Live of this world. Think Infinite Looper but as a fully expanded DAW with effects etc and you get the idea.

• edited September 2018

hopefully all these features will filter though to iOS eventually. MPE in a iOS DAW will be a hit.

What's new with Stagelight 4.0 Beta 1:
    Streamlined usability and design changes throughout the app (dozens of improvements in editing, navigation and more
    -MPE support (Windows and mac only for beta 1)
    -MPE recording, playback and per note editing with supported instruments
    -Support for MPE hardware such as Sensel and Roli
    -New Transport with recording modes
    -Record input (standard)
    -Record Automation only (allows for recording only automation data onto tracks and patterns)
    -Record to Timeline (LoopBuilder only) Now you can record a live multitrack from LoopBuilder to Timeline View in continuous order anywhere on the timeline
    -Record live performance (LoopBuilder only) Capture live stereo mix of your Loop Performance
    -New Automation engine.

Coming in Beta 2 (or 3 at the latest)

A new wavetable instrument sampler (with MPE support) that will take your sounds to the next level! We're finalizing the GUI elements now and should it be ready for testing very soon!

• @Jumpercollins :You’re right, it’s no “Bitwig” but it’s cool. I’m beta testing it too.. BTW how do I turn the effects off, say for example I put a delay effect on my snare drum pad... I can’t seem to find the off button...

• Well transferring between windows and iPad and back again works a treat. The 1 thing I haven’t worked out yet is to convert a vst midi track into audio then to send over to iPad.

• @Telstar5 said:
    @Jumpercollins :You’re right, it’s no “Bitwig” but it’s cool. I’m beta testing it too.. BTW how do I turn the effects off, say for example I put a delay effect on my snare drum pad... I can’t seem to find the off button...

Under mixer channel strip I can see a active on off button for effects but that’s by a global per track basis not sure how to do it per pad.

• I kinda like stagelight, early days in beta land lots of stuff not working yet, but coming along nicely.

• Will it be universal?

• @Janosax said:
    Will it be universal?

Yes it is and as far as I know the beta sign up still open

• @Jumpercollins said:

@Janosax said:
    Will it be universal?

Where do you subscribe to beta?

• @Janosax said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@Janosax said:
    Will it be universal?

Where do you subscribe to beta?

I’ve sent their subscription form and asked to join their Google+ community for beta testing. I’ve just need to wait for their answer now?