Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria Pro Updated to include AuV3 Midi!

2»

Comments

• So let me get this straight...

Auria will record the MIDI straight from a MIDI track with Rozeta loaded on channel strip (check).

Audio track will receive MIDI from a Rozeta loaded after the AU instrument on the channel strip on the same track (?).

Audio track with AU loaded on channel strip will receive MIDI from a Rozeta loaded on the channel strip of a separate, MIDI track (check).

Am I right?

I also have a question. Will AUs play when loaded on the channel strip of a MIDI track? I just recorded a MIDI track fron Rozeta as mentioned above, then moved the data onto my MIDI track armed with Phosphor (an AU synth), and no sound would play. Am I doing something wrong or is this not possible?

• BTW, I received the following this morning from Corey at WaveMachine Labs:

"We have a copy of Synthmaster One and are currently working with their developer to determine the reason it is crashing in Auria Pro.
    Hoping to have it up and running soon."

:)

• @oat_phipps By my understanding what you say is correct. An addition necessary step is to route the midi from the midi track in the channel strip to the appropriate audio track with the AU loaded.

It took me ages trying to route midi to a midi track. Never worked and was very frustrating.

Generally, I dont find this a very intuitive routing idea but it looks like a quick fix and thats ok by me if it evolves into something more eligance befitting a pro app.

I still cant get rosetta lfo to send to anything. Anyone had any success? Might not be implemented yet of course.

• I haven’t tried yet as I am on vacation, but if Auria doesn’t allow multiple simultaneous notes then they’re not supporting Apple’s MIDI eventlists correctly. Multiple notes can be packed together and Auria probably only parses the first one.

AUM has always done it correctly as far as I know.

• Great news! Have anyone tried with ScaleBud as well? If you don't have ScaleBud for testing, shoot me dm for a code :smile:

• @cem_olcay said:
    Great news! Have anyone tried with ScaleBud as well? If you don't have ScaleBud for testing, shoot me dm for a code :smile:

Loading ScaleBud immediately makes Auria crash, sorry to say.

• @oat_phipps said:

@DCJ said:

@oat_phipps said:

@DCJ said:

@purpan2 said:
    An odd thing... using rozeta xox and ruismaker it seems impossible to get snares or claps to sound on the same beat as the kick drums. They sound fine on any other beat, or if the kick drums are removed.

Confirmed. Seems it only allows one voice at a time. Even using cells on a synth... can’t get more than one note.

This is not isolated to Auria. I used to get this happening all the time in AUM using XoX with Ruismaker. Buzzkill

Edit: Dunno about the cells part, just speaking on the drums setup

Whoa really? How did it get fixed? I’m assuming it was patched on Bram’s end?

What do you mean? I was referring to having multi-voice triggering problems in AUM as well (since you posted about having problems with it in Auria) with the xox and Ruismaker.

I haven't yet opened the Auria update, was only sharing that the problem seems to extend beyond Auria.

I was talking about your problems with AUM as well. ;)

I assumed it was fixed, but I’m guessing it never was? I’ve never had this problem in AUM.

• @DCJ said:

@oat_phipps said:

@DCJ said:

@oat_phipps said:

@DCJ said:

@purpan2 said:
    An odd thing... using rozeta xox and ruismaker it seems impossible to get snares or claps to sound on the same beat as the kick drums. They sound fine on any other beat, or if the kick drums are removed.

Confirmed. Seems it only allows one voice at a time. Even using cells on a synth... can’t get more than one note.

This is not isolated to Auria. I used to get this happening all the time in AUM using XoX with Ruismaker. Buzzkill

What do you mean? I was referring to having multi-voice triggering problems in AUM as well (since you posted about having problems with it in Auria) with the xox and Ruismaker.

I haven't yet opened the Auria update, was only sharing that the problem seems to extend beyond Auria.

I assumed it was fixed, but I’m guessing it never was? I’ve never had this problem in AUM.

Sorry, it's been a few months so maybe it was. I made the switch over to apeMatrix since then.

• Steppolyarp au crashes auria here.

• @DCJ said:

@oat_phipps said:

@DCJ said:

@oat_phipps said:

@DCJ said:

@purpan2 said:

It’s the first time I’ve heard of this happening in AUM. I reckon something else must have been going on or I would have either noticed it myself or had reports of it by now B)

• Another update in for a Auria Pro.

Release history:

v2.20 (current version at the app store):

• Fixed issue with AU plugins only working in mono when inserted onto a master or subgroup
    • Fixed snap to zero crossing issue affecting MIDI tracks
    • Added new FabFilter plugin versions
    • Fixed issue with AU plugins not being unloaded properly after closing a project
    • Fixed issue with fine pitch control in pitch change audio processing function
    • Added sorting for AUs by name
    • Added ability to disable automatic track creation when using Audiobus
    • Added Bluetooth audio support (iOS 10 and greater)
    • Fixed issue with certain MIDI processing AU plugins crashing
  • Happy to see an update.

Testament to the growth of AU that I'm thrilled that they've added sorting for AUs by name...

• @skiphunt said:

@Carnbot said:

@skiphunt said:

@Carnbot said:

@skiphunt said:

yeah I don't mind routing to a different track, and the midi recording is nice but would be great if you could route the midi to the input of a midi track so you could use it with Twin 2.

Maybe there's a way with streambyter or something, not sure.

I thought I could just have Rozeta playing in AUM and route it out to an Auria Twin2 track... but can't get it to work. Seems like that worked at some point, but I could be mistaken. Should it work? It might've been Refraktions that I was sending midi to Twin2 though. Vaguely remember it working with Rozeta too... however, it's been awhile since I tried.

Yeah that still works for me if you send Rozeta to Auria Pro virtual port in AUM.
    It's pretty crazy why you can't do this inside Auria though :D

Auria is great, but these kinds of things need updating so hopefully it'll happen one day.

Oh FFS! Classic... didn't have the track armed. What can I say? It was late. lol ;)

Ha! Called it!

• It crashes again here when I choose a plugin even after the update. I am on IOS (12.0.1) maybe I should update to iOS 12.1.
    I have fabfilters plugins and they are all amazing, excepted pro g , too much basic gate/expander compared to others .I am disappointed...

• edited November 2018

Oh my god, sorry for swearing but it's fucking christmas!!! Fabfilter plugins displaying properly fullscreen on a 12.9 is heaven come true! :)

• No improvement to the wonky AU midi is disappointing, but at least its still getting updates

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Happy to see an update.

Testament to the growth of AU that I'm thrilled that they've added sorting for AUs by name...

This seems to be the best part of the update. Previously it was a chore to find AUs

• @grego68 said:
    It crashes again here when I choose a plugin even after the update. I am on IOS (12.0.1) maybe I should update to iOS 12.1.
    I have fabfilters plugins and they are all amazing, excepted pro g , too much basic gate/expander compared to others .I am disappointed...

If it’s OverloudTHM, this wasn’t fixed (yet) because the plug-in developer (THM) didn’t fix it in time for this update.

• @theconnactic said:
    If it’s OverloudTHM, this wasn’t fixed (yet) because the plug-in developer (THM) didn’t fix it in time for this update.

I notified Overloud of the issue on September 26. They acknowledged the issue on October 8. Not sure by when they had to have a fix ready for Auria, but that's over a month ago.

• @kgmessier said:

@theconnactic said:

I notified Overloud of the issue on September 26. They acknowledged the issue on October 8. Not sure by when they had to have a fix ready for Auria, but that's over a month ago.

Nonetheless, they failed to meet the deadline for this update, it seems - which means iOS 12 compatibility is more difficult to implement than it seems.