Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Need Recommendation: Sample Player

edited August 2018 in General App Discussion

Pursuant to the interesting "What is a Sampler?" discussion...

I am looking for an "pad-based" app that meets the following criteria:

• allows EASY import of long audio clips (10s+) in mp3/mp4 format (additional formats are cool too)
  • allows me to trigger these clips using MIDI note information
  • isn't stupid expensive

I have DM1 which would be perfect for this except that it limits the length of an audio clip to 5 seconds.

Suggestions?

Comments

• I had almost recommended BM3 but it has neither mp3 nor ogg import.
    More often than not, even mp4/m4a import does not work either for whatever reason, only a few of my m4a files work.
    So I can only recommend Modstep and Arturia iSpark (both import wav, mp3 and mp4/m4a).

• Thanks sir? Anyone else?

• Samplebot can do this

• Try Takete light, then wait for a sale

• BenBen
    edited August 2018

As mentioned above Samplebot and also Samplist. I believe ReSlice will also give you what you’re looking for. I don’t recall being limited with the length of a file with any of them.
    You can also convert the waveform of any file in AudioShare then “open in” to your sampler.
    With Samplebot you can import the file, trim it and save that as a loop then “import again” the whole piece. That saves me a boat load of time.

• Thanks folks!!! I will look at these

• FWIW I landed on SAMPL, though its lack of background audio feature is somewhat depressing it does what I need and is as simplistic as I was looking for.

• @rs2000 said:
    I had almost recommended BM3 but it has neither mp3 nor ogg import.
    More often than not, even mp4/m4a import does not work either for whatever reason, only a few of my m4a files work.
    So I can only recommend Modstep and Arturia iSpark (both import wav, mp3 and mp4/m4a).

At least .m4a, *.mp4 , *.mp3 and *.mov can be converted to *.wav in BM3.
    It can also convert most file-types supported by Quicktime (
    .flac can be converted as an example).
    (This can be done in its file browser by tapping the 3 vertical dots next to the filename).

If the file is *.m4p (ie protected m4a it can not be converted).

The fileplayer in AUM can be used to trigger loaded files using midi-notes.