Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A good FX bundle for newbie?

I ran into an old friend who just got an ipad and is looking to get into music apps. He plays guitar, and is looking for the typical FX/processing . I told him about Tonestack, but just saw how expensive the Motherlode package is. Yikes! Has it always been that much? I also mentioned the Audio Damage product line.

Looking for an affordable bundle package or product line recommendation, doesn't have to be very esoteric, as this person has no orientation to iOS world just yet. Thanks!

Comments

• Start with the free ToneBridge App. It’s based upon requesting an FX set up to reproduce a famous tune’s guitar tone. Under there you get real FX that I think you can tweak.

• edited August 2018

Watch for Tonestack to go on sale. Well worth it IMHO. Actually it’s 50% off now...

• ToneBridge is a good idea! Thanks! Can Motherlode 3 really $84.99 ?

• edited August 2018

If he buys Cubasis for fifty bucks there are at least a dozen internal FXs that are pretty good and the inapps are reasonable.
    And he gets a recording studio, a decent synth, drum loops, a sampler, and microsonic instruments, all very good for a beginner. Hmmmm.

• @LinearLineman said:
    If he buys Cubasis for fifty bucks there are at least a dozen internal FXs that are pretty good and the inapps are reasonable.
    And he gets a recording studio, a decent synth, drum loops, a sampler, and microsonic instruments, all very good for a beginner. Hmmmm.

It's usually $25 on sale, and they usually have a summer sale.

• I think the sale has passed. An amazing buy for $25!