Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Capture Doug for Xmas!

edited December 2013 in General App Discussion

First you get a big net, then you go to Cornwall....

Actually, this is for people who don't know how to save YouTube vids by Doug and others. It's not only easy to do, it is free as well.

I find watching vids a great way to quickly learn an app, and having a folder of instructional vids of your favourite apps on your computer is a useful resource. Some of the more complex apps are a real effort to follow with a manual, but a vid that actually shows you how to do something is much easier to understand. So, hop onto your computer and let's do it!

A. In your web browser go to the YouTube video you want to capture. I'm going to one of Doug's instructionals. The URL (web address) for this one is:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJwT0jdQukQ

Once the page loads, highlight the URL of the YouTube page and copy it to your clipboard.

You can close the YouTube page now to stop it playing/downloading.

B. Open a blank tab in your browser. Paste in the URL into the address bar at the top.

C. Add the letters "ss" straight after "www."

So, for example, the URL
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJwT0jdQukQ

now becomes...

www.ssyoutube.com/watch?v=RJwT0jdQukQ

D. Hit the RETRUN key.

E. It will take you to a page called "SaveFrom.net". Choose the video format you want the video file to be in and hit the DOWNLOAD button on the top right.

F. Save to your hard disk.

And that's it - easy! This method works with shorter videos (under about 25 minutes).

With the holidays coming up you might have some spare time, so it is a good time to grab vids from Doug and other users as well as official vids from developers.

Most of you will know how to do this, but there are some who don't. And there are other ways to do it, and even stand alone programs to save videos. But this is a quick and easy method that works every time. Have fun and happy hols!

Comments

• I agree Simon.

I like to download tutorials too.

I use an app called Tube Downloader that can save almost any video straight to your idevice.

For me, it's like the Audioshare of video files (in the library sense)

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/tube-downloader-pro-free-video/id586168976?mt=8

There is a free version but not sure of its limitations. The full app is worth it's price if you'd find it useful.

• edited March 2014

• You'll never catch me alive...Good idea Simon...its very true and much easier to just grab the vid and watch...I find myself going back to videos I have made to remember how to do something..the downside of making all these demo's is that I don't get to use them very often as I'm akways learning a new app...and on another point..you could just watch them over and over and bang up my view count :-)

• edited December 2013

Wow, great advice thanks. Having no wired ADSL available we rely on mobile, and of course this is expensive for very limited data. This will be brilliant for saving those tutorials which eat up the allowance if you watch them over a few times.

• I use Watch Later in the iPad YouTube app from Google.

• edited December 2013

Thanks.
    I use aTubecatcher and JDownloader2 beta since version 0.9 doesn't download from youtube anymore.

• Is there a DougCapture app?