Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Need a bit 'o help with AUM

I've scoured all the You Tube vids on AUM, and have learned a lot. But - this part of routing still escapes me.

Say I have Animoog in the first channel, and then Synthscaper in the second channel. I'd like to have Synthscaper 'play' Animoog... Striking a key should generate Synthscaper output which then should play or drive Animoog. Any tips or You Tube pointers?

Tks!

Comments

• I don’t understand why you’d want to do that rather than using what’s at your fingertips. You can play them simultaneously from either the keyboard 🎹 in AUM, or an external controller... and for that, there are numerous videos. But, I’ll throw this in there because it kinda covers a few scenarios of connecting both internal and externals.

• @seachord said:
    I've scoured all the You Tube vids on AUM, and have learned a lot. But - this part of routing still escapes me.

Say I have Animoog in the first channel, and then Synthscaper in the second channel. I'd like to have Synthscaper 'play' Animoog... Striking a key should generate Synthscaper output which then should play or drive Animoog. Any tips or You Tube pointers?

Tks!

Just for your information synthscaper does not output midi by itself

• @[Deleted User] said:

@seachord said:

Tks!

Just for your information synthscaper does not output midi by itself

🙁> @The_DMT_Experiment said:

I don’t understand why you’d want to do that rather than using what’s at your fingertips. You can play them simultaneously from either the keyboard 🎹 in AUM, or an external controller... and for that, there are numerous videos. But, I’ll throw this in there because it kinda covers a few scenarios of connecting both internal and externals.

Thanks for the reply. Think I misstated my question. I have successfully got synths to LAYER - ie play simultaneously. I was under the impression too could have one app silently play another.... beginning to realize (if possible) both would have to support MIDI - a “minor” point i overlooked! 🤦‍♀️

BTW - did watch the vid you linked - will chk it out again