Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GTL update!

Comments

• @Turntablist said:
    Does this support IOS 11 files app, so loops are saved to their own folders within GTL folders in the files app ?
    Does it have a browser for browsing files in its own folders within the files app ?

No but it's a really good idea. I'll add it to my list.

GTL does support drag and drop though so it's really easy to drag files to and from the files app.

• @motmeister here’s his site on utube.

• @jmarshallgtl said:

@Turntablist said:
    Does this support IOS 11 files app, so loops are saved to their own folders within GTL folders in the files app ?
    Does it have a browser for browsing files in its own folders within the files app ?

GTL does support drag and drop though so it's really easy to drag files to and from the files app.

Thanks, I will purchase this immediately when it works with the files app like that, files app has been a revelation for me.

• @Turntablist said:

@jmarshallgtl said:

@Turntablist said:

Thanks, I will purchase this immediately when it works with the files app like that, files app has been a revelation for me.

Good to know :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@motmeister said:
    I wanted to know more about it. The developer web page won’t properly open in Safari, so couldn’t read about it there. And since I couldn’t view the web site I can’t tell if there’s a manual... it looks intriguing and I love the discount, but damn, I wish I could learn more about it. No video links please... They’re just not that helpful.

That almost feels like trolling :)

Nope. I’m not trolling. So far the only video mentioned is linked to in another post in this thread, and that 30 second video looks like the same one you can watch in the App Store. I read the app description, and that video has even less information. Someone suggested asking questions about what I want to know. I suspect no one is out there in my time zone waiting eagerly for my questions, so that seems like it will take a while. I can afford to pay full price, so i’ll Pass for now until there’s more available. Thanks for your reply.

• Is it possible to have independent loop lengths and the loops not being synced to each other? Would be nice for more ambient stuff.

• @Filter said:
    Is it possible to have independent loop lengths and the loops not being synced to each other? Would be nice for more ambient stuff.

Hi @Filter, you can have independent lengths e.g 4 bar loops which run against 5 bar loops. It’s not possible to run completely free time/out of sync though.

• Thanks for the info, jmarshallgtl.

• @Turntablist said:

It has pn’t dedicsted folder in Files.app (afaik) but it saves loops inside its own folder.

It works with AudioShare which could be the solution for both questions and smart move not reinventing the wheel but I supose if @jmarshallgtl finally implement the audio editor he tolds time ago (from open wishlist topic if I remember right) somekind of filesystem will be developed alongside.
    IMHO opinion when you have an actual workflow/workaround its better to develop your own based on that (what we have) than ask for what we don’t just for personal taste but since Jack is highly open to new ideas join the forum and post them usually becomes a direct answer from him.

Recent example
    http://forum.grouptheloop.com/index.php?p=/discussion/187/pre-set-pan-auto-record-next-loop

New wishlist (as personal advice from yesterday, today materialized)
    http://forum.grouptheloop.com/index.php?p=/discussion/189/official-feature-wish-list

After features request then comes a survey. After some time of work comes the release. Awesome.

• @motmeister said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@motmeister said:
    I wanted to know more about it. The developer web page won’t properly open in Safari, so couldn’t read about it there. And since I couldn’t view the web site I can’t tell if there’s a manual... it looks intriguing and I love the discount, but damn, I wish I could learn more about it. No video links please... They’re just not that helpful.

That almost feels like trolling :)

Nope. I’m not trolling. So far the only video mentioned is linked to in another post in this thread, and that 30 second video looks like the same one you can watch in the App Store. I read the app description, and that video has even less information. Someone suggested asking questions about what I want to know. I suspect no one is out there in my time zone waiting eagerly for my questions, so that seems like it will take a while. I can afford to pay full price, so i’ll Pass for now until there’s more available. Thanks for your reply.

But you have seen the other video right?

• @Dubbylabby said:

That’s fantastic! I’ve had this app for a while, and never really used it. Now it seems like it’s the looper I’ve been looking for all along. I know what I’ll be doing this afternoon.

• @mistercharlie said:

@Dubbylabby said:

That’s fantastic! I’ve had this app for a while, and never really used it. Now it seems like it’s the looper I’ve been looking for all along. I know what I’ll be doing this afternoon.

That video is 2 years old and we are talking about new release so... excited? :wink:

I hope @motmeister hasn’t seen it neither and help him too...

• Can someone post a new video showing the new features ? Interested to see how AUM integration works and is it possible to use for both loop input and output ?

• @thepinkelefant said:
    Can someone post a new video showing the new features ? Interested to see how AUM integration works and is it possible to use for both loop input and output ?

Hi @thepinkelefant,
    You can feed into GTL from an AUM IAA port then bring the main output of GTL back into a separate AUM channel.

• The video above is great in both features and spot-on character.
    Another proof that workflow centric apps rarely reveal their (full) potential at first glance.
    Except for the (mentioned) lack of total time free operation it's pretty much what a BOSS RC50 was supposed to be (but never succeeded), just magnitudes more easy to handle. :+1:

• C'mon Mister @jmarshallgtl we need the follow up movie :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    C'mon Mister @jmarshallgtl we need the follow up movie :)

I'd love to. Unfortunately i'm tied up for the next couple of weeks. It will happen!

• @jmarshallgtl said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    C'mon Mister @jmarshallgtl we need the follow up movie :)

I'd love to. Unfortunately i'm tied up for the next couple of weeks. It will happen!

Feet. Fire. Held. :)

• That demo is great, well done Jack. Would love to see a new one in a coupla' weeks

• I am trying to get Soft Drummer (one of the LUMbeat apps) to sync with GTL using Ableton Link with start/stop turned on in both apps. Soft Drummer is staring a measure late -- but that seems like it might be a GTL problem since it starts on time when receiving the start command from Audiobus 3.

Anyone else have a LUMbeat app and GTL?

• @espiegel123 said:
    I am trying to get Soft Drummer (one of the LUMbeat apps) to sync with GTL using Ableton Link with start/stop turned on in both apps. Soft Drummer is staring a measure late -- but that seems like it might be a GTL problem since it starts on time when receiving the start command from Audiobus 3.

It’s CUE activated? What happens if you disable it?

• edited August 2018

@Dubbylabby said:

@espiegel123 said:
    I am trying to get Soft Drummer (one of the LUMbeat apps) to sync with GTL using Ableton Link with start/stop turned on in both apps. Soft Drummer is staring a measure late -- but that seems like it might be a GTL problem since it starts on time when receiving the start command from Audiobus 3.

@espiegel123. Yes make sure CUE is on. If CUE is off then GTL will start playing straight away rather than waiting.

• @Littlewoodg said:
    How cool this is: yesterday a thread has me rediscovering this already top tier tool, (thanks @Dubbylabby,) got busy in it immediately (which is always a good sign)
    And today this gem gets a king high update.

Ha! Same.

• @jmarshallgtl said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@espiegel123 said:

@espiegel123. Yes make sure CUE is on. If CUE is off then GTL will start playing straight away rather than waiting.

This is with CUE on.

• I think you want it off.

• edited August 2018

• It would be great if this worked with Cue on. With CUE off, I have to manually stop the recording on time and can’t set the Loop length. When Cue is on, it seems like a start command is sent but 4 beats too late.

• I’ll test cause it looks to me like it may be a resolution issue. Are you running at 512 or 256 buffer?

• Ahhh! I just figured it out. The count-off setting in GTL is the trigger for the issue. If I turn count-off off (in GTL), it works fine. With count-off turned on (in GTL), the start command is sent one measure too late rather than when the recording starts.

• edited August 2018

Really loving this update and now with iBassist updated it’s so much fun!

Only thing is that when there’s a long loop playing I wish there was a simple timeline somewhere to just tap and have GTL restart playback from there. That would rock! Instead of having to wait for the longest loop to end playing. @jmarshallgtl how feasible would that be?