Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video Demo and Tutorial....Xynthesizr

This is a cool..and free...synth..with some useful IAP's.....this is the free version..

Comments

• edited December 2013

Great video, as always Thanks.

• I got this back out recently and I'm re-digging it. Audio Copy doesn't seem to work even after the IAP, but it works in Audiobus so I just use that. Thanks for the tip on changing seq length, it's a weird button, now I know the trick. Very nice little app.

• "Re-digging"?? I'll have to borrow that one if the copyrights aren't too prohibitive! ;-).

Great vid, as always, Doug. You and Morris should hook up, since he is the discoverer and you are the presenter!

• edited March 2014

• Good idea Russ, me and Morris do comunicate on a regular basis...he seems to know everything..

• I'll be honest, I don't generally like these generative type apps, but your vid got me to download it and give it a try, and I'm very impressed with some of the sounds and effects that you get with this. You can even "play" it with the root note selector and so get different transposed sequences on the fly, which is great. Or set it to a slow bpm and produce evolving pads and soundscapes. Very versatile - it may change how I feel about such apps!

• edited March 2014