Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beatmaker sampler as opposed to Virsyn AudioLayer sampler

2»

Comments

• edited August 2018

@PhilW said:

@Kühl said:

@McDtracy said:

@kinkujin said:
    Excellent post @McDTracy. Very helpful. I think I fall into the BM3 category.

I suspect IOS Music (and popular music in general) is dominated by BM3 techniques to sound fresh. Making something sound like Beethoven or Miles Davis is more of an exercise in nostaligia.

Of course, there is the use case of making movie/TV soundtracks and that's increasingly a mix of the 2 genres with a lot more synth driven scores mixed with the John Williams type of symphonic scores.

For anyone that really craves complete orchestral simulations they end up on the desktop with some massive sound libraries.
    Those of us that play here are just hobbiests that don't have the budget to pay $2000-4000 to stay current with the audio instrument sampler's art. @Kuhl excepted I think and he works from musical notation on many of his projects. Some of those apps have instrument libraries embedded to save extra steps in the workflow.

In the end we are all trying to optimize our workflow.

That’s right. I use desktop software, and I also have the mighty Yamaha Tyros 4 workstation with choirs and strings. But I really like the environment of just me, my cat and iPad. It’s so mobile, I can work with ease anywhere.
    And if I plug my iPad into the USB port of the Tyros... it’s a full studio. No need for desktop computer.
    The Tyros records midi and audio, it has mic amp with voice and harmony. It has a multitude of midiports, but I just use the usb for midi. Workstation with iPad Pro is my way for the future.

Similar setup to me, I also have a Tyros 4 (got a good deal on it second hand) plus iPad Pro. I used the Tyros harmony voices on a recent project, recorded into Auria.

Yeah, I love my Tyros. I find it better and more versatile than Tyros 5. On paper anyway.
    But I probably must have mine in for repair. The volume levers for song & style (picture) have begun to fluctuate up and down without my interference. Could this be bad? Perhaps it has been damp where I stored it in my winter studio.